The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer + Other Figures

3 posters

Go down

Warhammer + Other Figures Empty Warhammer + Other Figures

Post by Jhigga15 Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:05 am

Hello Everyone,
I was thinking about getting back into war gaming, I played when I was a kid Battlesystem and really liked it. I have always enjoyed the Miniatures and painting as much as playing. I see that there is only Warhammer out there… I was wondering if I could play if I don’t have GW Miniatures

If I went and got other 30mm figures I can just designate who is a hero and what are core units and special units?

Thanks,
John
Jhigga15
Jhigga15
Neophyte

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Warhammer + Other Figures Empty Re: Warhammer + Other Figures

Post by dork_jedi Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:27 am

John, there are *LOTS* of game systems out there. The biggest thing is how many people *locally* play them?

Warhammer and Warhammer 40k are probably the biggest, but there are also Flames of War, Warmachine, Hordes, Battlefleet Gothic, Uncharted Seas, Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada, etc.

That said, 40k and Fantasy are probably the most popular systems in the Miami area, I think Warmachine and Hordes are a bit bigger in theFt Lauderdale area.

The most important thing is that you find a group to play with. google all those systems to see information about them.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:33 am

For casual play I don't think most people will care that your figures aren't GW. Usually in official tournaments and such though you would not be allowed to use non GW figs.

Warhammer and 40k are the two most popular games but there are other ones, but usually have to be played on specific days or in smaller niche groups. Warmachine/Hordes has several groups more up north. I play a ton of other games but pretty much have to do them with closer friends and usually home games only since there are no other groups playing at game stores.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhigga15 Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks guys, I will look online to see what armys look good... What army is least played with around South Florida...
Jhigga15
Jhigga15
Neophyte

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down