The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for event

4 posters

Go down

Idea for event Empty Idea for event

Post by luis the young Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:45 pm

I was wondering if we have enough terrain and people to run a Normandy invasion event. We can try to recreate the invasion of Normandy, place 3 tables together and have several people per side. We would have to make soem changes for so those who have armies that werent present to play. I got several ideas in mind in how to make it work.

1- to simulate the off shore bombardment by the allies. Allies get priority air support dice and can nominate to either make them Air strikes or Bombardments by battleships. Axis would get limited air support to call in their Airforce since german airforce was almost gone by this time.

2- those that have paratrooper armies will/can "airdrop" their troops behind enemy lines. Germans will get one AA shot per platton deployed this way, if a hit is scored on a 5+, the platoon is delayed untill next turn, this will represent transport planes shot down. If the drop makes it through the AA fire, pick a point to land and scatter 2d6, on a hi tplatoon lands where they aimed.

3- Each German table gets D6 bunkers to place, all Germans count as being in foxholes and gone to ground. Germans get D3 mine fields to deploy per table and D6 tank traps/barb wires to place per table.

4- each allied unit destroyed comes back on a 4+, roll every turn.

5- each German table gets 500 extra points that will come in delayed reserves, not planes.

Thats what i got so far, i would be running it and putting it together, will have to talk to joel and see when i can run it. Tell me what you guys think of these rules so far and anything else you migh twanna add.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Idea for event Empty Re: Idea for event

Post by scurrdi Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Luis,

before you re-invent the wheel, FOW already has a pretty decent scenerio for D-Day. It's call "Hit the Beach" and it's in Das Book, as well as in the D-Day books. Got special rules and emplacements and all that.

There is also a drop mission option, called Sieze & Control, which airborne players can use to attack. I would set these up on a separate but nearby board and consider the objectives there the access roads and shore battery gun emplacements. Start those games a little earlier and have those games also effect the outcome of the next game.

A fun way to do a normandy-style game is to run it as a mini-tournament. Provide the mission special rules in advance and choose your missions. This was done up in Kentucky a year or two ago and it was great.

Round 1: Either Sieze & Control OR Hit the Beach (based on which force you were playing).

People would bring a 2nd list for rounds 2 and 3.

Round 2: Either No Retreat or Breakthrough (based on who wins more, Axis players or Allied players). ((or even cauldron))

Round 3: Could be whatever you want, based on which side has more wins, axis or allies.

Then, make the prize split between all the allies and all the axis. Makes for a fun series of games that have a greater purpose and not the huge 1st place winner competition aspect!

Terrain-wise, we'd need to bring in stuff to create the ocean and beach-head. I know Don had built several of the landing craft, so we have a few of those (you need them for the game).

I'd say do it man, I'd love to see an event like this!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:20 pm

If its in the summer maybe I could cash in and try to attend. I have a HUGE German Army Painted and ready to fight a two front war.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:19 am

That sounds really good. To bad my Finns can't participate! I'll have to get some more Canadians Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:48 am

BS, the Fins transfered a Brigade of infantry to help defend the Normandy coast...to keep the Germans in the war and fighting the Russians. There your excuse.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down