The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Island. Im gonna get this.

+5
jspyd3rx
Vycem
jerryb
NurgleNick
rokassan
9 posters

Go down

Dead Island. Im gonna get this. Empty Dead Island. Im gonna get this.

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:14 pm

rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dead Island. Im gonna get this. Empty Re: Dead Island. Im gonna get this.

Post by NurgleNick Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:20 pm

I like zombies.

Unlike vampires, Hollywood can't fag them up for 13-year old girls to croon to.
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Rok, I thought you said you need another game like you need a hole in you head?
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Video games get a free pass.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Vycem wrote:Video games get a free pass.

I guess the wife/girlfriend can keep an eye on you and considered you pacified prisoner.
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:57 pm

So is this a game for the whole family? Seems family oriented and wholesome good fun.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:35 am

jerryb wrote:Rok, I thought you said you need another game like you need a hole in you head?

miniature game.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:49 am

That's some fucked up shit. This is why our society is all messed up. Because little kids get there hands on this shit and think watching kids turn into zombies and attack their fathers is normal.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:31 am

Ovich wrote:That's some fucked up shit. This is why our society is all messed up. Because little kids get there hands on this shit and think watching kids turn into zombies and attack their fathers is normal.

I dont know about you, but when I was a little kid I knew the difference between fantasy and reality. Eating my dads face off would have never occurred to me after seeing this. Kids are shit nowadays because of weak parenting. Not a video game. Thats just an excuse.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:17 am

hey hey take me out of the equation or at least say majority. I 've played video-games since i was 4 years old and the first game i ever played was 007: Golden eye and i knew then the difference between shooting a computer player and a real person.
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by acidchalk (erick) Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:04 pm

OMG DID I JUST SEE BLOOD? I THINK I SAW BLOOD! BAN THIS GAME NOW OMG OUR CHILDREN WILL BE RUINED! hahahaha, Anyway, yeah i can't wait to sink my teeth into this game.

acidchalk (erick)
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 131
Armies : Necron, Eldar, Tau, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Its kinda like Fallout in the sense that you wander freely and complete dozens of sub goals and only finish the game when you ready to follow the main plot. Im sold. I will be getting this and Aliens:Colonial Marines when they come out.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:39 pm

I dont know about you, but when I was a little kid I knew the difference between fantasy and reality. Eating my dads face off would have never occurred to me after seeing this. Kids are shit nowadays because of weak parenting. Not a video game. Thats just an excuse.

It's not that a kid is gonna eat his dad's face off, it's that we're all getting more and more desensitized to this shit. If a human being is not phased at all by seeing the most horrific shit, that, to me is disturbing in itself.

How long are we going to use the excuse that " well I watched that stuff and I'm ok " when things get progressively more realistic and more horrific in content as time goes on. Of course it's poor parenting, you can't blame the creators of the game, I'm just making a social commentary.

All this stuff has it's effects, how and in what way, may yet to be determined, but eventually, as a society, all this stuff is gonna catch up with us.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:55 pm

I grew up with horror movies that were more gruesome than this shit.

It's all up to the parents to keep their children away from this stuff anyways.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Ovich wrote:That's some fucked up shit. This is why our society is all messed up. Because little kids get there hands on this shit and think watching kids turn into zombies and attack their fathers is normal.

If a kid got their hands on a game that's not for them, it's on their parents, not society.

People were saying the same shit about movies, and about television. Hell, about books. Video games are just the new scapegoat. "But video games are for kids!" Bullshit. They're no more for kids than "talkies" were for kids while the older generation sat at home with their radios.

Society can't cater to or babysit kids. What, would you rather all mass media focus on the pre-teen/tween demographic? You think Scarface was for kids? Or The Godfather? A Clockwork Orange?

Games like this are aimed at OUR generation, the one that grew up on video games and now has the purchasing power to vote with their money. I, for one, am grateful. God knows that while I loved Mario and Oregon Trail back in the day, I'm glad they are making games that the me of right now can enjoy.

And personally, I think leaving a 12 year old girl to watch Desperate Housewives is far more damaging than this game could ever be to any kid. But no one bitches about that. You want to talk about desensitizing? Jersey Shore and Desperate Housewives make sexuality as casual as buying a glass of water, 16 and Pregnant sells the premise of stardom in exchange for early parenthood, and more. We're raising a generation that glorifies being dumb and easy. A kid is more likely to catch an std and be ashamed of knowing things than to become a face-ripping zombie. Just sayin'. Mind you, in the end, I still believe it's on parents to, you know, parent. I'm just tired of hearing the same old "moral outcries" because video games are somehow "more" for kids.

Video games are a medium, nothing more, nothing less.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:13 am

Amen Endre.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:26 am

Know what the real problem is? Stupid, fucking, ignorant Americans. You have the stupidest people breeding who don't know how to do shit. I would go so far as to say about %70 of parents only have kids because they think they are supposed to. Any kid on the planet who does something stupid, it's because of their parents. So the majority of society had to suffer stupid laws to compensate for the stupid, ignorant American parents in our society. If any of you ever heard of jack Thompson? This is what he was trying to make people understand. A lot of everything he said and did was always taken out of context.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:28 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:Know what the real problem is? Stupid, fucking, ignorant Americans. You have the stupidest people breeding who don't know how to do shit. I would go so far as to say about %70 of parents only have kids because they think they are supposed to. Any kid on the planet who does something stupid, it's because of their parents. So the majority of society had to suffer stupid laws to compensate for the stupid, ignorant American parents in our society. If any of you ever heard of jack Thompson? This is what he was trying to make people understand. A lot of everything he said and did was always taken out of context.

Amen again.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:27 pm

NOOOOOO! VIDEO GAMES AND TELEVISION ARE TURNING OUR CHILDREN INTO PSYCHOPATHS, AND THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO TO STOP IT, LIKE: Turning off the television, educating your children so they can tell the difference between fantasy and reality, and not purchasing the game for the kid, or paying attention to the age recommendation on the game, or..

Nope. Totally out of our hands. We're not bad parents -- America is!
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down