The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle.

+14
Vycem
Dr. Love
The Eldar Guy
scurrdi
Warlord Solskritt
feen039
ImAShakiraholic
DarkAngel_Cesar
luis the young
Michaelharmon
Feros_Ironfeld
Plague30
Ovich
rokassan
18 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle. Empty Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle.

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:57 am

Yes, the Chaos Gods have smiled upon me. Joel asked if I would be able to do this and I took a shot in the dark about 20 minutes ago and the wife said yes. Ok then, now I have to figure out what Im gonna do and how to run one of these things, but I am doing it. Ive got both Apocalypse books so I suppose Ill read both cover to cover. Then Ill set up the background story and parameters of the battle. Ill talk to Joel on Tuesday when Im at work. The date is tentative. I gotta organize this. Any help from you Veteran Tournament runners would be appreciated.

I think Ill do perhaps 6000 points per side. Any suggestions, we gotta keep it within an 8 to 10 hour gaming range so we can all go home at a reasonable time. I would start it around 10 or 1030 am and run it til 8pm at the latest. What point level could we run within that time frame? Ill do this ,but I need help.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle. Empty Re: Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle.

Post by Ovich Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:03 pm

I"m in depending on the date... what date do you have in mind?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle. Empty Re: Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle.

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:32 pm

I gotta talk to Joel.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:40 pm

It will be 5th edition by the way. Wink
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:05 pm

I will be digging into my collection and adding blisters to the prize support. I have a Kharne, Ahriman,Huron Blackheart some Guard special characters and chaos stuff.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:33 pm

Maybe i can play with a few points of my Word Bearer army. i am painting soon. They look fucking badass so far but all i've got is grey primer on them at the moment. if the apoc game is way far in the future, i can show up with some of my guys for sure. would be a fun first game.

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:46 pm

Well you can play reguardless. Bring what you have. They dont have to be painted.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:44 pm

We should have a painting contest too, just for craps and giggles.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:02 pm

sounds good. Why dont you help me out Stephan. Ive never done this before. We can talk about it Saturday if your able to come by.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:57 am

Bill if your going to be running Apocolypse, be extremely careful about the gear and strategies in the back of the book. They can make or break the game in short order. Also, watch out for the big mega war machines they too can be extremely unbalanced if the other side is unprepared..

Consult with Max. He has lots of experience and can offer excellent advise regarding gear, strategy and composition.

As far as running a game this big one of the problems you'll face is setup. Just the amount of figures alone can take some time to position. The size of the playing area and the ease with which players can move about will be very important.

All players on one side should take their turn simotaneously. Depending on the number of players their should be 1 to 2 Battle Masters to oversee the flow of the game, answer questions and settle disputes.

It will be absolutely essential that you get Joel to open up the store when he is supposed to otherwise the game will run very late.

That's all the advice I can offer you for the moment.

Good luck!
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:24 am

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know last nights apoc went well with being over 28,000 - 30,000 points total and started at 1430 and ended by 2330. So I think you can have a larger point total. So have fun and please do it on a Saturday so I can join in.

I've been hounding Joel to do an APOC game so maybe thats why he asked.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:03 am

It'll be on a Saturday for sure.

Lou why dont you help me out? To get you back into the game.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:25 am

Ugh, Saturday would be very hard for me to make it, we'll see on the date and how much of my soul i have to sacrafice so my wife wont mind me using a saturday for this.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:44 pm

luis the young wrote:Ugh, Saturday would be very hard for me to make it, we'll see on the date and how much of my soul i have to sacrafice so my wife wont mind me using a saturday for this.

I agree with the saturday issue, but i dont have a wife just work..heh I would attend this just cause its an apoc game and they get silly and fun!

--Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:02 pm

What would you have me do Bill?
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Call me Bill.
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:23 pm

We need titans!!!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:40 pm

Bill , you might have a tough time scheduling

Saturday August 2nd would be the best for me, but I don't know if that's to soon.

The weekend of the 23 I'm out of town at a wedding
On the 10th I'm hosting the Fantasy tourney
On the 16th Max is running his 40k
On the 30th, FOW is going on..

Maybe set it up for the very first weekend of September?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle. Empty Apocalypse

Post by feen039 Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:59 pm

Ovich wrote:
Maybe set it up for the very first weekend of September?

That'll be labor day weekend most would be out of town.
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 218
Armies : Eldar, High Elves, Salamanders
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 pm

mid to late september then. Lou's gonna help me.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:58 pm

Im gonna bring the full force of the Imperium to bear upon the heretics!!!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:33 am

Sounds like fun, I doubt I'd be able to get in town for it but I will see what I can do.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm

TITANS!!! AND FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:55 am

But Bill you haven't called me yet. What's up with that?
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:13 pm

he has other women who have priority over you :S
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next