The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ard Boyz Practice

4 posters

Go down

Ard Boyz Practice Empty Ard Boyz Practice

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Testing Lists with Luis today in prep for this weekend

Game 1, Scenario 1 - My "wall" of Chaos Warriors was completely over-run. Outnumbered 3|1 is tough enough, throw in some Abombs and it was just nasty bad. The Abomb is so destructive, it can take out ranked units solo. All I had left after turn 2 was 11 chosen (tied up with Slaves and due to be shot and spelled down for 4 more rounds) and my shrines. Back to the drawing board on this list.

Game 2, Scenario 3 - I matched the Skaven horde with a gobo horde of my own. For deployment I rolled NINE 1s (forcing units into reserve). Conceded and reset.

Game 3, Scenario 3 - OK, Skaven vs. Gobo horde. Turn 1, Lightning Strike. Chariot, Diver, and Pump Wagon lost vs. Lightning Cannon and chaingunner. Abombs live. Turn 2, lightning Strike. Chariot #2, Diver #2, and 2 Lobbas lost. Lightning Cannon #2 lost, but Abombs live again. I'm down 600 points (20%) to lightning strikes! The gobos and Skaven fight for 3 solid rounds. Many more gobos break than skaven. Hand of Mork puts the character in base with the objective, but the Skaven BSB made contact as well. Draw at the end of turn 4.

Great day of games, but I'm gonna have nightmares of rats. Soooooo many rats!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Ard Boyz Practice Empty Re: Ard Boyz Practice

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:42 am

Luis has his Skaven list running very tight. I've come to the conclusion that I do not own a list that can compete with him in these scenarios.

I hope I get a good draw and can score enough to make the cut - because I think it's Lu's to win tomorrow.

Who coming to Tate's?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:35 pm

The games were fun !

Your WoC list just didnt have enough bodies to deal with my rats, that combined with SUPER Abombs of DOOM and your craptastic rolling at times (20 buffed to hell chosen with heroes killing only 5 slaves..) led to my rats steam rolling over that list. The Abombs can be insane, i see why people complain about them so much, and the 13th Spell is sooo broken, no saves of ANY kind, casting that on a super expensive Chaos warrior unit hurts like a kick to the nads.

The second game was just to funny...9 units in reserve out of 13...epic fail ! lol

The last scenario was INSANE ! Ligthing strike twice back to back ! I still cant believe both Abombs made it through, and then one went to survive 5 fanatic strikes, 2 of them at 2d6, and collapsed your flank. Squigs are nasty, but thanks to my throw away slave units i can keep them occupied for a while. My cannons didnt do anything in both games Sad

Come on guys, Tates still has plenty of room, even if you dont think you can win, is rare to get a chance to field 3000 points and actually PLAY a few games of WFB.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Great games Luis -

can't wait for tomorrow
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:20 pm

i thought ard boyz was today.Good luck
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Yeah, I was not aware that they had moved the date to Sunday also.

Granted, I didn't plan on attending, but wish I had known none the less.

Who won, etc?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:28 pm

It was in the Tournement post Dan - both Tate's and FSC ran it today.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Ahh, well I apparently cannot read! Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content