The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaving Miami

+11
chef xenos
McSheehy
NurgleNick
rokassan
Frantic
KingdomCome
The Eldar Guy
Vycem
Hurricane
ShadowMaster
scurrdi
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Leaving Miami Empty Leaving Miami

Post by scurrdi Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:02 pm

Howdy folks,

Just as an FYI, I have accepted a position as a High School Band Director back in Nashville, TN so I will be moving back up there over the summer.

I may still visit and such, but as far as day to day gaming in the Miami area I will pretty much be permanently gone, as I don't have any plans about moving back down here ever again.

It's been fun gaming with you guys over the years! I plan to keep playing, and will be bringing up some 40k, Fantasy, and FoW with me to Nashville again!

Dan

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Leaving Miami Empty Re: Leaving Miami

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Sorry to hear you going Dan -

I've heard Nashville is a wonderful place, good luck with the big move.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Good for you! Wish I could move too! We will miss you!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Good luck man! Sorry we never got a proper game in

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:23 pm

Grats on the escape! GL!
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Congrats Bro. That's one heck of a move. I especially like the part about you not planning on moving back here again. Miami is a dump. Good for you!
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:23 pm

Well it's been a pleasure sure. I love Nashville. I almost moved there once upon a time myself. But it has a severe lack of ocean and tropical weather Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Thats funny, I was just talking about this with my wife. we cant go anywhere because of my job. Ive got 11 years invested in my pension. Im not starting over at 36. The idea of leaving my family and friends behind has always been a big deterrent as well, until over time I realized the feelings weren't reciprocated. Now Id jump ship in a heartbeat if I could take my seniority and pension with me. My wife and I'd to go Texas or New England area. In the 80's and early 90's Miami was nice. Now its a horrid 3rd world shit hole.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:55 pm

Id Love to move to New England and cheer on my Dolphins...fucking Patriots.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:57 am

I'd care if you left, Bill.

Screw that Dave Ivan Scurvey guy, or whatever his name was --

Wait, this is his thread? Oh, man. I feel awkward.

Wink
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:42 pm

Let me correct myself. I was reffering to my my inlaws moving and not seeing their grandkids. It's an alien concept to me. Id want to be around my grandkids. This thread just reminded me of that. I've never had an issue with nor ever discussed this topic with my close friends.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by McSheehy Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Good luck Dan.

I can't wait to leave Miami myself.
I did for a couple years (I moved to Gainesville).
Best friggin years of my life despite the problems I had with classes and finding a stable job.
Decent gamers up there as well... I have alot of fun the few times I was able to play (though managed to get some good ones in for the Storm of Chaos campaign back in 2004).

I'd love to move to Tennesse as well.. but thats mostly for the Memphis Battle Bunker.

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:41 pm

Nashville and Memphis are on opposite sides of the TN tracks.

I worked in Memphis for 5 months - trust me that you don't want to move there.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:51 pm

have a good time dan
to bad i never got some 40k or antsey in with you
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:42 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Nashville and Memphis are on opposite sides of the TN tracks.

I worked in Memphis for 5 months - trust me that you don't want to move there.
Moving to Memphis is a downgrade from Miami. It's a very violent city and probably a bigger dump than Miami. If you want to move near there, I suggest a nice 20 mile gap between you and the city.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Grats, I'm hoping to get out of here in about a year or so.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Awe - it's not so bad down here......
Example?
No Bliss Club in TN

http://www.theblissclub.com/photo.htm
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:48 pm

I am right behind you Dan!

I also excepted a job (I've learn there are no real jobs available in Miami, unless you know some one) and have to relocate.

I will come back from time to time, but mostly to work on my condo to prep for sale or rent. If I can spare some time I will.

I've had a desire to leave Miami also for awhile. I agree Miami has turn into a shit hole. I feel sorry for you poor bastards who have to stay and suffer.

Now that I have escape I am never coming back once my condo is sold!
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:42 am

miami is a shit hole. I would rather live back in PA then here and that is saying something. I am will also be leaving soon to head back to California or new york very shortly. Have fun man and see you later on...maybe at the great waagh
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:03 am

Well, it's been great buddy.

Sorry to see you go, but glad to see that you'll be a happier person.

Best of luck and I hope everything works out great for you and Sarah.

Cheers !
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Dice_Runt wrote:miami is a shit hole. I would rather live back in PA then here and that is saying something. I am will also be leaving soon to head back to California or new york very shortly. Have fun man and see you later on...maybe at the great waagh

Isn't this the second or third time you were supposed to move to California and other places?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Miami was great up until around the mid 90's. Now we've had an influx of immigrants and the county is run like a banana republic. Too many communists from Cuba...over population is also an issue.All they know how to do is steal and commit fraud. These aren't the quality people that came from Cuba back in the day. That's what has ruined it. The people ruin Miami.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Overpopulation is what drives me crazy. I've lived in the same neighborhood for 10 years, right off of sunset and 107. Each year I can actually see how the traffic just gets worse and worse, and it's not an issue of perception. I'm talking about the fact that sunset was never backed up at 230 in the afternoon. Now it's ridiculous getting back to my own friggin house after work.

Kendall is becoming overdeveloped without the infrastructure to back it up. Too many people in 1 place means more traffic, more lines at stores, the bank, anywhere. You go to Tropical Park and it's friggin overcrowded. How does a huge friggin park like that become overcrowded ?

Don't get me started about the Latinization of the place either. I've got nothing against Cubans, Latin Americans, and any other hispanic people. I judge each person as an individual, but it's very disconcerting to walk into regular chain stores, owned by big corporations, in my neighborhood, like Walgreens, or Publix, and I have to actually try to speak another language in order to get what I need.

Anyway, maybe we should create another thread here Bill, instead of sabotaging Dan's farewell posting. How bout a "why I hate Miami/ Why I love Miami thread.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:07 pm

Me wife had a target employee who didnt speak English simply walk away from her because she didnt speak Spanish. I felt like punching the cunt in the back of her head as she was walking away.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Sorry Dan. You contribution to the gaming community will be missed. Hope you enjoy being around inbred southerners. When you get there, tell them they lost the Civil War...although they probably wont believe you cuz your one of them Spanish people. "Hey boy, you speak Mexican"? Wink
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next