The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WFB June 5th Tournament a.k.a Dans Farewell event

+7
KingdomCome
aosol
King Hiss
luis the young
ShadowMaster
Vycem
Dice_Runt
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WFB June 5th Tournament a.k.a Dans Farewell event  Empty WFB June 5th Tournament a.k.a Dans Farewell event

Post by Dice_Runt Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:33 am

Well Dan is leaving so to send him off i have decided to run one last event.
(This will not be using ETC)

Date: June 5th
Place: Sunshine
Doors Open: 10:30
Round One Starts:11:15
Number of Rounds: 3
Time Given For Each Round: 2 hours and 15 mins, 30mins for lunch, 10 mins between rounds (this way we are you no later then 8, i think your wifes will be happy)

Cost: 7 Dollars prepay, 10 dollars at the Door. (bigger pot)
Lists due May 29th. any list sent in later will suffer.

Point Size: 2400 (that is not a typo, that gives you 600points for Lords,Heros, and Rare.600 and up for Core and 1200 for special)
Official Books only

Prize Support:
Overall Winner (Painting Score, Army Comp, Battle Points, Victories)
Best General (Battle Points, Victories)
Runner Up (old third place)
Painting Comp Winner

1. Nathan-skaven or Orcs and Goblins
2. Dan
3. Fred
4. Luis
5. Robert
6. death_company_ork

Update: Mission

Pitch Battle
Watch Tower (deployment and board set up like Battle for the Pass)
Blood and Glory

each mission will have Battle Field Point modifiers. (the extra point things)

Last edited by Dice_Runt on Mon May 30, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : posting missions)
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

WFB June 5th Tournament a.k.a Dans Farewell event  Empty Re: WFB June 5th Tournament a.k.a Dans Farewell event

Post by Dice_Runt Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:33 am

Army Composition Scoring:(taken from the October one i ran. I reworded a few things)
Bonus:
+2 for no lords
+3 for no wizards
+3 for no magic/runic items and Banners (if it takes points from your magic item allotment, it counts!!)*
+1 for no war machines (this is includes Steam Tank, War Alter, Chaos Warshine, Hell Cannon, Corpse Cart, Doom wheel,ect)
+2 for 50 percent of your army is core
+3 for 75 percent of your army is core
+2 for Army Flavor( fluff based list or is themed)*
+1 for no magic/runic item (does not include banners) over 50 points
+1 for no magic/runic Banner/Totem/Standard over 25 points
+1 for no monsters in your list (a unit of monster inf and/or monster cav does not count as monster. )

Now for the negs.
-2 for 2 or more Lords
-2 for taking a name character lord level, per choice
-1 for taking a named character hero level, per choice
-1 for taking a named unit champ, per choice
-2 if the army has only 3 units and lord
-2 if more then 48& of your total points spent can shot
-3 if more then 57% of your total points spent can shot
-2 if you take 2 or more monsters (this is defined by anything with thunder stomp)
-2 for taking more then 5 warmachines (Steam Tanks, Hell Cannons, Screaming Bells and Plague Furnaces count as 2 choices)
-1 if your army's total wizard level is 8 or over
-1 if the army takes a banner of 60 points and over
-1 if the army takes a magic/runic item is over 70 points

Extra Bonus & Negative points
+1 for showing up
+1 for having dice, tape measure, templates, rule packet
+4 for handing in your list before the due date week
+2 for handing in your list on time
-2 for each day late with army list.
-2 for not having anything besides your army list and army

*Deamonic Gifts and Icons count for this. As do Bloodline powers, Skaven pile, & Deamonic Gifts in the Mortals
*Empire gun lines are not themed unless they are painted in Nulns colors!!!
(i might add one or two more things)

Painting Score: 0-5 (and then some)
(3 colors and goblin green bases come on guys)

0- You have just bought the bloodily army and have done nothing with it. Not even primed
1- Primed and built
2- Paint has began, about 25% of the army is painted and based
3- 50% is painted and based
4- 80% is painted and based
5- 100% is painted and based
Extra points
1- Detailed basing, such as flock and gravel and even water effects
1- Does the army feature any insignias, camo schemes and eye-popping details
1- Do the character models and center pieces standout?
1- Does the army have any cool unit fillers that make sense with the army
1- Is there any custom built models in the army
1- Does this person’s army look like an army?????
2- Was extra time put into painting the army
2- Is the Army painted above the standards
2- A kick ass Army Display Tray

Sportsmanship (0-3)
(Do not just give people 3 if they do not deserve it)

0- You would like to never play that guy again. In fact this is your last event due to that person

1- The person questioned your on your actions and rules but got upset when you asked for a rule and what not. (Throw dice, bitched a lot, to the point where the next table you can hear it)

2- Minor issues came up, but nothing really to intense, you solved all issues with a dice roll

3- Great game. No real rule problems, hell you getting this guy a beer afterwards

Mission and Battle Points coming soon!!!!!!
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

WFB June 5th Tournament a.k.a Dans Farewell event  Empty Re: WFB June 5th Tournament a.k.a Dans Farewell event

Post by Vycem Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:08 am

Regarding official books, do you allow dogs of war units in the standard armies that they used to fight in? I have one of the old regiments of renown, he's getting lonely sitting around unplayed. Still have the old official rules for it and everything.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:55 pm

no. they have been removed from all books. so they are unofficial
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Mark me down as IN
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:13 pm

sign me up.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by King Hiss Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:19 pm

im in sounds like lots of fun

King Hiss
Traitor Guardsman

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Vycem wrote:Regarding official books, do you allow dogs of war units in the standard armies that they used to fight in? I have one of the old regiments of renown, he's getting lonely sitting around unplayed. Still have the old official rules for it and everything.

thou you can use them as counts as....
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:39 am

Man, I was kind of excited to use this tournament as motivation to finish up my Empire assembly, but there's just too many weird "play like this, not that" rules to keep track of with that point system.

Is this really what fantasy players like? I mean, +1 for no war machines, so yay Beastmen and demons, FU Empire, dwarves, and Skaven. Play lots and lots of core, so yay those of you with strong core, boo those with str 3 core. Negative points for anything with thunderstomp, so FU Ogres. Bonus point for "flavor", which is completely arbitrary. Plus all the scoring criteria for painting? I understand rewarding painted armies, but man.

Seriously, do you even get anything for winning games in this tournament? I feel like I can make an army of 200 fancy painted skeletons and win the whole thing without winning a single game.

Pass. Fantasy tournaments sound like a real drag. Maybe I'll drop by to say bye to Dan.

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:13 am

Nate is trying to run a more "complete tournement" experience, where paint and army comp count for something in the overall standings. At the same time - nobody is being told they can't use their Bloodthrister or such. We played this sytem once before and it worked fine.

@Endre - your reading it wrong. You are allowed to bring anything you want within the normal 2400 point limits. You get bonus or negative tournement points for using or not using certain things.

Last time Luis went extreme and earned EVERY COMP point. I went with a more moderate, yet positive comp score. I beat Luis in round 3 by a solid ammount, but barely edged him in the overall standings by 2 or 3 points (paint score for the win!)
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 am

I'll come play just for the painting comp.
aosol
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:10 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Last time Luis went extreme and earned EVERY COMP point. I went with a more moderate, yet positive comp score. I beat Luis in round 3 by a solid ammount, but barely edged him in the overall standings by 2 or 3 points (paint score for the win!)

yeah, my army wasnt strong, but i had like 23 points in comp score alone Smile DAMN BILL AND HIS PAINTED ARMY !! "shakes fist" he also beat the crap out of me on the last round Sad

Dont let the scoring composition scare you, a solid army can be built using it, you may not get all the points, but you can reach a good balance by giving a point here and there.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:00 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Nate is trying to run a more "complete tournement" experience, where paint and army comp count for something in the overall standings. At the same time - nobody is being told they can't use their Bloodthrister or such. We played this sytem once before and it worked fine.

@Endre - your reading it wrong. You are allowed to bring anything you want within the normal 2400 point limits. You get bonus or negative tournement points for using or not using certain things.

Last time Luis went extreme and earned EVERY COMP point. I went with a more moderate, yet positive comp score. I beat Luis in round 3 by a solid ammount, but barely edged him in the overall standings by 2 or 3 points (paint score for the win!)

Thank you bill. That is my goal. I want to make our tournaments stand out,make them a stable of the Warhammer Fanasty Battle Community, bring the flavor of major event to a minor event if you will.

Vycem i dont think you are really reading it are you. It's ok if you only skimmed thru as well all do it from time to time. lol.I know i have dont my fair share. This "style" of event has been done before with little complaint check the October Funky Tournament. There was some clearing up And i dont see how Orges are screwed when they dont have thunderstump to being with. Only the Gaint has it in their book. Orges and the like have a rule called Stomp and are not labeled as Monsters but as Monstrous Infantry . Also Beastmen and Deamons do have warmachines. I take it your not the familiar with Warhammer Fanasty Battle that much are you???

Also even thou i play in the event i am just a seat filler. I am there to play and have fun, if by some reason i won an event that i run (a shock for us all to say the lest) , I bow to the person next in line and they take first place

My skaven themed list is in negatives

Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:48 am

I read over it, and I'll be blunt. Some stuff I have no problem with. Rewards for painting? Fine. This part:

Extra Bonus & Negative points
+1 for showing up
+1 for having dice, tape measure, templates, rule packet
+4 for handing in your list before the due date week
+2 for handing in your list on time
-2 for each day late with army list.
-2 for not having anything besides your army list and army

I'm all for it and support it whole-heartedly.

But the stuff molding players into playing a specific way? Sorry, I just can't support comp. Won't.

Comp is an outdated concept. I get, it a lot of veteran players grew up with it, a lot of old timey tournaments have used it, great.

From my point of view, I'm a noob, fresh blood. I'm putting together a fantasy army because I love the models and I got all excited about the game. But I want to play warhammer fantasy BECAUSE I like monsters, magic, warmachines, and heroic kickassery once in a while.

If some of you guys hate that stuff so much, why bother playing this game? Why not just play Warhammer Ancient Battles? You get old edition Warhammer fantasy rules and tons of infantry with none of the other stuff.

If I spend the time buying an army book and buying shit to play with, I just can't abide by people telling me "Yeah, I know the army book says you can build your army like that, but we don't take kindly to that. We like it better when you play this way. Isn't out way better?"

No, and I'll never buy into it. Stuff like "No gunlines! Unless you're Nuln!" WTF? What if I say I'm playing the artillery division of Averland? I mean, the armies are HUGE, no way we can ever represent the whole thing in the tabletop. This is just whim based on a line of fluff.

And a lot of the stuff is just flat out arbitrary:

"1- Does this person’s army look like an army?????"

It's not a rorschach test! What, is someone going to look at my models and see two seagulls fucking or their uncle molesting them or something?

The only theme I see when these comped events come up is: "not the face!" It all seems like punitive measures to make people play a certain way because somebody somewhere lost to something else.

I'm just going to shelve my half built fantasy, work on it slowly, and wait until there's a real resurgence of interest in the game. Hopefully some day there will be a new generation of players who want to play Warhammer Fantasy 8th the way it was written. I hope it happens when enough army books come out with kickass monsters and magic and all the other stuff the old guard clings to.

Hey, whenever I get it built, I'll be glad to play peeps at the store. I still think there's a fun game in there, and I'm sorry so many established players dislike change and new rules and new fangled Warhammer.

In the mean time, enjoy your Old Skool Warhammer gents. And if you really want a game where everyone has the same base stats and you can focus on the tactical considerations of heavily restrained movement, I highly recommend this one game that'll fit the bill, it's called "Checkers".

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:40 pm

wow is all i have to say..well i did send that pm. You know i am using an old games workshop (you know the company that made the game) painting score
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:41 pm

Responded, and as I said there regarding painting score, that's fine, I'm all for rewarding painting, I just don't think it's very objective. A lot of the point criteria are subjective. If they are to be subjective, the TO should score them, because no two players will agree (or at least take the average of all scoring), else they should be objective.

Also, the argument of using "old GW" stuff is part of what I'm getting at. It's old. GW is changing, the rules have changed, the game has changed. We can't cling to the old ways because they're tradition, we should be looking forward to trying new things and having the game and the hobby evolve. Just because we did stuff a certain way in the 90s doesn't mean we should do it the same way now. God knows our minis look a LOT better and the paint jobs are much, much nicer Smile

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:59 pm

aosol wrote:I'll come play just for the painting comp.
Lol I bet you would.....
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Wed May 04, 2011 9:50 pm

I Would like to be signed up
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Sun May 08, 2011 10:50 pm

missions will be up in a few days
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Death_Company_Orks Mon May 09, 2011 3:29 am

im in unless im working. so put me down as a YES/MAYBE. ill start working on a list and then send it to you nate so you can tell me if its ok under the new rules and comp stuff for this tourney. Also it will be with my Dwarfs
Death_Company_Orks
Death_Company_Orks
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 219
Armies : Blood Angels, and Death Company Orks. (Fantasy) Dwarfs
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol Mon May 09, 2011 11:00 am

Dice_Runt wrote:missions will be up in a few days

Cool beans once they're up, I can finally get to work on painting these high elves. cheers
aosol
aosol
Traitor Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Tue May 10, 2011 12:35 pm

they are up for everyone added to the first post
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Tue May 24, 2011 12:29 pm

list due date is sunday the 29th.
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Sun May 29, 2011 6:44 pm

I got freds,dans, and luis' list
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol Sun May 29, 2011 8:28 pm

I may come and watch Smile
aosol
aosol
Traitor Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next