The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rematch!!!!!!!!!!

+3
Ovich
Abaddon
Hurricane
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rematch!!!!!!!!!! Empty Rematch!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Hurricane Sun May 18, 2008 9:19 am

Yes Bill, I want a rematch with the same army lists. When can we do this??? Today? or Maybe Tonight??
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Rematch!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Rematch!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Abaddon Sun May 18, 2008 1:35 pm

Come on Eric, the chances of Bill being allowed to play today are about as high as Rudy finding his sanity.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun May 18, 2008 3:54 pm

No rematch for me today, too much stuff to do.

We really got you guys good though didn't we?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun May 18, 2008 9:39 pm

You guys ended up onlu loosing the 2 AA porties and 1 artillery gun.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun May 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Abaddon wrote:Come on Eric, the chances of Bill being allowed to play today are about as high as Rudy finding his sanity.

Or Javier treating his wife with respect.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun May 18, 2008 10:48 pm

A rematch and your gonna use the same list? Ok, Im bringing air power this time though.
I think we can all agree as to why German tanks cost so much.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon May 19, 2008 7:55 am

By the way I do treat my wife with respect. Is it my fault that she understands that my life does not revolve around her?
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon May 19, 2008 8:01 am

Bill, I wanted to try the same lists with no changes. If you want to change yours and put in air support (which is fine) I am gonna change my list to. Which, then it isnt a rematch is it. Laughing
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon May 19, 2008 9:15 am

We got screwed us when you didn't let me fire my 17's with a rate of fire of 1. Eventhough the are immobile which means that infantry can't push them around, for the mobile battle rule they count as having unlimbered (which counts as movement) and would have a reduced rate of fire.

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=126&forumid=3&postid=228480&view=topic

I knew I was right but didn't want to keep arguing about it.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon May 19, 2008 10:48 am

you still got your ass handed to you.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon May 19, 2008 11:04 am

Abaddon wrote:By the way I do treat my wife with respect. Is it my fault that she understands that my life does not revolve around her?

Looks like I hit a nerve.If your gonna dish it out be prepared to take it as well. I dont have a house wife who's home all the time. And as much as Id like to play games every weekend it just isnt reasonable. My wife and I work completely opposite schedules(the rest of you dont have that issue). The weekend is the only time we have to do anything...period. You work 96 days out of the year and your wife doesnt work...you have all the time in the world to do family shit so your wife doesnt feel neglected and divorce you... I dont. By the way my life does revolve around my family. Tell you what Ill play more if you promise to pay for my child support and Divorce Lawyer.
Now on a lighter note Ill have more time to game in the summer as My wife is off. So clear your busy schedule Javi so we can all hang out...I get my nuts back in the summers.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon May 19, 2008 12:08 pm

Lol, thats funny bill. And obviously in the famous words or Rudy, Family is more important than gaming.

Yes, we did get our ass handed to us... but with 2 shots with our 17's at your tiger in the beginning of the game... Well, there is a chance that we could have take him out and then we would have rolled over your remaining units cause your re-enforcements didnt show up till turn 4.

Things could have been different..... that really could have changed the way the game played.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon May 19, 2008 12:14 pm

Erik and Javy,
A rematch may go in your favor because you primarily lost due to a couple of tactical errors. You had overwhelming numbers against us in the beginning of the game but failed to take advantage of that.

Placing the 17 pounders in the middle of your deployment zone would have given you clearer fields of fire instead of having to deal with that huge hunk of rock that protected the Tiger throughout the game.

Once you saw us deploy our Panzer Command, you probably should have loaded up your right flank with all your tanks, and then used your speed to allow one group to hit the flanks of the Panzers. By placing your Grants on the left flank, you basically just exposed them to the Tigers 88 the whole game.

I doubt you'll make those same mistakes again.

I know I'm new to the game, and may be talking out of my ass, but those are just my observations.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon May 19, 2008 12:24 pm

No you are right we had Tiger Vision! That is the golden rule with tigers.... leave them alone and ignore them. We should have concentrated on your other forces. I am not taking anything away from you guys. You played and rolled really well. And we definately made some tatical mistakes. I just hate messing up on rules, that's all.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon May 19, 2008 12:30 pm

You would've needed 5's to hit right? Long Range? and then we would have had to roll a 4+ to save? and then a firepower test.

Anythings possible.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon May 19, 2008 1:26 pm

Hurricane wrote:We got screwed us when you didn't let me fire my 17's with a rate of fire of 1. Even though the are immobile which means that infantry can't push them around, for the mobile battle rule they count as having unlimbered (which counts as movement) and would have a reduced rate of fire.

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=126&forumid=3&postid=228480&view=topic

I knew I was right but didn't want to keep arguing about it.

Why didnt you. Now I gotta listen to you say you would have won if your 17pounders could have fired? Youd of needed a 5 to hit and then we needed a 4 or higher to to ignore the shot and then youd of needed a FP check. Doesnt mean youd of won. You guys didnt knock out a single tank and the Tiger wasnt that decisive anyhow. Youd of dropped your artillery on our other tanks a couple of more times...if you had knocked it out. What did the tiger really do? It certainly didnt win the game. It was the other 10 Panzers that won the day.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon May 19, 2008 1:36 pm

i think the reason why people go after the tiger is because of :

1- is a fucking tiger ! killing one is like uber bragging rights !!
2- is such a HUGE chunk of points, taking it out could give you a huge advantage.
3- IS A FUCKING TIGER !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon May 19, 2008 1:55 pm

I didn't want to argue because we had Ammon watching us. That's just what we needed to have, a person that is interested in the game and watching it for the first time and seeing us have an arguement over rules.
So, that is why I didn't argue. Secondly it would have been a 3+ firepower and yes it would have been possible.

What did the tiger really do? It certainly didnt win the game.

It influenced the game greatly, It made me commit my 17's to trying to kill the tiger early on instead of placing them in the middle of the field and defending the objective. Which of course was a tatical mistake on my part. But influenced by the presence of the tiger.

Now I gotta listen to you say you would have won if your 17pounders could have fired?

Did I ever say that??? NO, I simply said things might have been different. I guess next time we will have to have a knock down drag out fight over rules.

So, great win Bill! You're the best! Is that what you wanted to hear? In my previous post I said you guys won and you played really well.
I am just saying we played a rule wrong and it could have influenced the game. That's it.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon May 19, 2008 2:11 pm

If Amon has played any type of game before then he's aware disagreements happen. We should have discussed the rule more.No the point was youd of placed the 17lb guns where you did reguardless in order to kill the tiger. The point is whether you killed it or not it was a pretty one sided battle. It has nothing to do with us being better...I got lucky and rolled well...you guys didnt. And no I dont need you to pat me on the back, I can do that myself. This is why we should have done more reading and not just settled. I apologize for sounding snappy.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon May 19, 2008 2:21 pm

Yah you sounded a bit snappy which got a tiny bit hot! Sorry to patronize your win. Ammon, hasnt played any table top games before and I really didnt want him to see a rules fight before we even started. He has played some roleplaying games and he told me today that our disagreement reminded him of the good old days. But that was my reason about just saying ok and continuing with the game.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon May 19, 2008 2:22 pm

Id rather play the correct way and if I lose so be it. I just dont like to feel like I got one over on you guys that wasnt my intent.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon May 19, 2008 2:24 pm

Ahem...

It was my strategic brilliance that allowed us to win the day.

I rolled a 1 on the Tank Ace test.. which allowed the tiger to survive, which forced the Brits to have to mind that side of the table, which left the other tank companies exposed to our panthers, which is the reason why we won.

I Rule !!!!!
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon May 19, 2008 2:27 pm

We didnt have Panthers.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon May 19, 2008 2:44 pm

Rokassan wrote:We didnt have Panthers.

he prob meant panzers, forgive him in his FoW noobnes Twisted Evil
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon May 19, 2008 3:26 pm

No, you guys won for 2 reasons:
1- the minute Eric saw the Tiger he got a heart on and wanted to bang it.
2- Bill was rolling armor saves like he was a champion of Slaneesh. I have never seen so many 5's and 6's for saves in one game in my entire life.

Oh and Bill; as for hitting a nerve thing, it seems like it was you that that is taking it personally. After all it was you that wrote that long winded speech. Wink
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next