The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killing Blow chariots ? Loremaster and other casters

4 posters

Go down

Killing Blow chariots ? Loremaster and other casters Empty Killing Blow chariots ? Loremaster and other casters

Post by luis the young Wed May 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Impact hits are distributed like shooting attacks, but are resolved as Close Combat attacks.
With the spell that the Tomb Kings has that grants Killing Blow to the unit, does this means that the chariot impact hits will now be Killing Blow impact hits ?
This seems to be the concensous in the Thomb Kings of Khemri forums.
Also, will the mounts and crew benefit from the Killing blow rule ?

There is a character in the TK book that has the LoreMaster Neherakhan ability. Since we cant duplicate spells and the guy allready knows all the spells, does this means tat i cant take another Liche Priest with the Neherakhan lore since the spells are gonna be duplicated ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Killing Blow chariots ? Loremaster and other casters Empty Re: Killing Blow chariots ? Loremaster and other casters

Post by McSheehy Wed May 11, 2011 8:53 pm

I would say no on the impact hits being capable of killing blow but yes on the crew and steeds.
Of course I may be wrong, we'll see what GW says about it... whenever they get around to it that is.

As to the Loremaster question I would say technically yes in that no other Liche priests would be able to use the Neherakhan lore if the army fields that special character.
I'm not overly in favor of it because it creates a form of 'all your eggs in one basket' with army specific lores.
But I can also get the intention to try an prevent some of the abuse that would occur in mixing character with loremaster along with other mages (using the same lore).

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Killing Blow chariots ? Loremaster and other casters Empty Re: Killing Blow chariots ? Loremaster and other casters

Post by ShadowMaster Thu May 12, 2011 12:52 am

I believe Loremaster over-rides the No Duplication rule.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by McSheehy Thu May 12, 2011 12:42 pm

I've read through all the rules of magic and loremaster several times including the faq and so far I haven't seen anything saying that loremaster overrides the spell duplication rule. That's why I said techincally yes. I feel its another issue that needs to be addressed by GW... which once again god knows when that would be.

Personally I have no problem having character's with loremaster being an exception to the rule especially in the cases of army specific lores.

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu May 12, 2011 3:54 pm

BRB page 490

"The only exceptions are when a spell is not generated randomly, such as:"

The first listed is all situations where characters do not roll for spells. This would include Loremasters (who know all spells and do not roll).
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu May 12, 2011 3:58 pm

KB must be CC attacks
Impact are CLEARLY labeled as CC attacks

Based on Killing Blow and Impact Hit rules, I see no reason you can not buff chariots to have Killing Blow on Impact Hits.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu May 12, 2011 9:02 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:KB must be CC attacks
Impact are CLEARLY labeled as CC attacks

Based on Killing Blow and Impact Hit rules, I see no reason you can not buff chariots to have Killing Blow on Impact Hits.

thats gonna be pretty sick on TK chariots. Thanks for the info guys, the chariots i just wanted to get another answer besides one from a bunch of TK players, the Loremaster i had no idea and was kinda worried.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by McSheehy Thu May 12, 2011 11:28 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:BRB page 490
"The only exceptions are when a spell is not generated randomly, such as:"
The first listed is all situations where characters do not roll for spells. This would include Loremasters (who know all spells and do not roll).

Hmm... I hadn't interpreted that ruling that way, but it makes prefect sense now that I think about it.
I was thinking too much about stuff like bound spells to even think of logically applying loremaster to the same rule exception.

I'm still disinclined to the idea of impact hits gaining killing blow however... though I think that comes more from the fact that I'm still in the habit of thinking about impacts hits as special attacks like a giant's 'swing with club' or similar rather than normal (and usually modifiable) close combat attacks.
I also admit don't like the idea of auto-hitting killing blow attacks.
Granted there is also the simple issue of how augmentation spell truly effect chariots... isn't it like cavalry where the spell would only effect the rider and not the mount (in which case the chariot itself wouldn't gain killing blow, just the crew)? I'm honestly not sure anymore.

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Mon May 16, 2011 10:17 am

chariots are treated like warmachines right???
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon May 16, 2011 11:36 am

Dice_Runt wrote:chariots are treated like warmachines right???

no - chariots and war machines are two seperate troop types with completely seperate rules.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Mon May 16, 2011 3:11 pm

my bad
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down