The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New FAQs posted for VC, Beasts and Wood Elves

3 posters

Go down

New FAQs posted for VC, Beasts and Wood Elves Empty New FAQs posted for VC, Beasts and Wood Elves

Post by lordfairfax2001 Mon May 19, 2008 10:47 am

Haven't read through them, yet, but here they are:

Vampire Count FAQ

Wood Elves FAQ

Beasts of Chaos FAQ

Will post more as they get up on the GW site.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

New FAQs posted for VC, Beasts and Wood Elves Empty Re: New FAQs posted for VC, Beasts and Wood Elves

Post by scurrdi Tue May 20, 2008 12:33 am

Wow, they didn't fix the issue about the ranking in 4s rather then 5s...

Dumb dumb GW.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

New FAQs posted for VC, Beasts and Wood Elves Empty Re: New FAQs posted for VC, Beasts and Wood Elves

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue May 20, 2008 11:25 am

Nope...did you see their comments at the beginning of the FAQ, though...thought it was hilarious...they must have been thinking of you Bill...

Beasts of Chaos FAQ wrote:The Beasts of Chaos army book was designed to be compatible with the Hordes of Chaos army book, which has now been discontinued...This means that it is now necessary to consider Beasts of Chaos a completely self-contained book, ignoring all references to Hordes of Chaos...

(AND THIS NEXT PART IS JUST TOO FUNNY, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING WHAT THEY'VE JUST DONE)

Of course, don't let this stop you from mixing units from any of these three books (together with any other suitably 'evil' alies) in large games, scenarios, Legendary Battles, campaigns and so on, where all the forces of Chaos would naturally come together to bring forth the doom of the Warhammer world!

And finally, all of you Beasts of Chaos players can rest assured that we have already begun to work on the new edition of the army book.
So, all you Chaos players our there...don't fret, we know your armies should work together, so please feel free to do so for your own specific in-house games (so that you don't throw all your models in the trash)...just remember, if you want to use them in a tournament, however, you're boned! Oh, but we're making a new book for you so that you'll feel a little less boned, as long as you spend more money on a book you shouldn't have needed in the first place if we'd kept our heads out of our arses...thanks for playing...please be ready to spend some more money in the near future. Cool

Last edited by lordfairfax2001 on Tue May 20, 2008 11:30 am; edited 3 times in total
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue May 20, 2008 11:28 am

Also, if you look at the new VC rules...I'm thinking people might stop giving the HE such a hard time...let's review...

...uber silly are these ones for VC, super dooper:

When Killing Blow, S7, or Frostblade kills a model, a Vampire with Red Fury receives additional attacks equal to the remaining wounds on the model. I Frostblade your Dragon, get 6 more attacks, and Frostblade your rider, 4 more attacks. No wait, I use my S7 lance, with Infinite Hatred and attack a unit of Tomb King chariots....average combat resolution.....27 wounds? Can you field that many chariots in a unit?

A Vampire with Flying Horror on a Nightmare can still fly......so with Dread Knight and Flying Horror on a Lord, I get a 2+ Sv, S7 lance, and I can fly, for 55 pts.

Konrad gets Red Fury extra attacks from his magic sword's wound multiplication, i.e., he CAN inflict 30 wounds on a multiwound unit. Anybody want to run the combat results of Konrad Vs a unit of Ogre Bulls???

A Vampire Lord with the Crown of Commandment can use the crown as long as he is not in base-to-base with an enemy. i.e., if you issue a challenge, and your opponent declines, and you send the Lord to the back....his unit becomes WS7. Awesome.

No, Max...you can't use any of these ideas in our games...
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue May 20, 2008 11:32 am

I like it how they say that the beast of chaos book should now be considered a stand alone book, BUT...they were really meant to be used with some Horde of Chaos support.. AND..as a stand alone book it doesnt work beucause they didnt correct the stupid ranking up issue !! SOOOO..untill the new book comes out ...who knows when ... beast of chaos are totally useless !!! Wooohoo ! GO GW !!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue May 20, 2008 11:35 am

luis the young wrote:I like it how they say that the beast of chaos book should now be considered a stand alone book, BUT...they were really meant to be used with some Horde of Chaos support.. AND..as a stand alone book it doesnt work beucause they didnt correct the stupid ranking up issue !! SOOOO..untill the new book comes out ...who knows when ... beast of chaos are totally useless !!! Wooohoo ! GO GW !!!
Don't forget...you're encouraged to use them in conjunction with units/rules from the other books...in your own personal scenarios/campaigns...as the armies should really combine to take over the world...
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed May 21, 2008 11:41 am

Hehe, I mean here's the GW double logic (in my mind):

GW screws over an army so no one plays them (Beasts).

GW then redoes all the models, making them badass looking and tempting to buy.

GW then makes a new codex (including some new units) which is really powerful, encouraging not only the new gamers but also the older ones to just buy a whole new army.

Boom.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down