The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Handy Dandy GW Price Changes Spreadsheet

+5
Kyle
rokassan
ShadowMaster
KingdomCome
jspyd3rx
9 posters

Go down

Handy Dandy GW Price Changes Spreadsheet Empty Handy Dandy GW Price Changes Spreadsheet

Post by jspyd3rx Wed May 18, 2011 2:49 am

Taken from dakka

https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?pli=1&key=tIytonRUpm6fRkxpIjqcDzQ
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Handy Dandy GW Price Changes Spreadsheet Empty Re: Handy Dandy GW Price Changes Spreadsheet

Post by KingdomCome Wed May 18, 2011 7:45 am

Codex and army books went up. Including the hardcover books.... the kit that sticks out the most to me are the tyranid warriors. From 35 to 42. I'm not even mad about the crazy bump in prices. I'll just sit back and watch this hobby implode on itself.

Last edited by KingdomCome on Wed May 18, 2011 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Handy Dandy GW Price Changes Spreadsheet Empty Re: Handy Dandy GW Price Changes Spreadsheet

Post by ShadowMaster Wed May 18, 2011 8:01 am

GW is totally off their rocker. It's not surprising that nobody has built a new army recently.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed May 18, 2011 8:56 am

They are keeping Dark Eldar on the cheap side other than warriors and wyches. Though the new battleforce for them is an even better deal now. Wonder why they are keeping them on the cheap side?
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed May 18, 2011 9:26 am

Thank goodness Im done buying GW shit. My armies are pretty much complete. I will only buy this shit on ebay for cheap. Im done with these imbecil's. What are their prices gonna be in 5 years? $100 for a Land Raider? $75 for Terminators? Who can afford that?Your a fool if you pay those prices.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed May 18, 2011 9:27 am

It'd be kinda fucked up to raise prices on brand new models... oh wait....
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed May 18, 2011 9:29 am

Im convinced they are trying to run this company into the ground. Is Rick Scott running this company? When are they gonna lay off employee's?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed May 18, 2011 10:37 am

jspyd3rx wrote:They are keeping Dark Eldar on the cheap side other than warriors and wyches. Though the new battleforce for them is an even better deal now. Wonder why they are keeping them on the cheap side?

So they can raise them at a later date. They only raise a couple items price up at a time, but then likely will raise on the next price increase pass.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by AresX8 Thu May 19, 2011 2:05 am

Warmachine and Mantic are oh so more tempting. Let's not mention their other business decisions which you can read about here:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/368570.page
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/369325.page
AresX8
AresX8
Recruit

Male
Number of posts : 17
Armies : 40k: Space Marines (Blood Ravens) and Orks WM/H: Khador and Cygnar
Registration date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu May 19, 2011 6:48 am

GW is doing you all a favor.
Give in to temptation...... play warmachine!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol Thu May 19, 2011 2:55 pm

I always found this article to be really cool.

http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com/roarseconomics.html
aosol
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu May 19, 2011 3:02 pm

aosol wrote:I always found this article to be really cool.

http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com/roarseconomics.html

Lies GW is evil, and material costs never go up.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri May 20, 2011 10:34 am

The article is going on 5 years old and the Landraider is now $66. In the end its irrelevant. It doesnt justify raising prices every single year with no end it site. Prices go up drastically...are our salaries going up this fast? He's a GW apologist. Im sure we can find a GW hater with the same expertise who'd say the opposite. That model has gone up from $55 to $66 in less than 5 years and thats before they decided to raise prices annually no mater what. It'll be $100 per model in 5 years, then what?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Fri May 20, 2011 11:47 am

OK, in those 5 years, US inflation overall was 11.06%.

To just keep up with inflation, the Landraider above would be at $61.08.

So, it's gone up a little under a $ a year in 5 years, over the inflation rate. Is that honestly that drastic?

TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Fri May 20, 2011 11:54 am

And in 5 years material costs have not sky rocketed? As they certainly have being someone who works with manufacturing and wholesales. Prices on production materials has not dropped in over 10 years, and have just been going up and up with shit like oil prices and metal being out of control worldwide. All the figures in that guy's article are going to be out of date, because they now would likely all be higher.

Other game companies have also been raising their prices as well, just most don't do annual increases. Course also you are dealing with smaller companies trying to compete with a juggernaught like GW so they have to work on tiny profit margins to stay in the game. Most other game companies are just a handful of guys in an office. GW has thousands of employees and a massive infrastructure that they have to maintain for what is essentially a niche hobby market.

Many of the smaller companies have been left scrambling to try and keep up by switching to resin production as they can't afford to use metal anymore as it would price them out of the market. It would be great if GW could switch to resin as well and perhaps lower prices, but they really can't as none of their molds they have made in past decades will work with resin production and they would have to redo the whole line, and resin production just can't keep up with the volume of production GW sells at since its a much slower process than their plastics.

Call me a GW apologist if you want, I haven't bought a GW product outside of the WFB 8 book in almost 2 years. People know I'm into lot of other games and pimp them pretty heavily when I can. GW prices are high yes, but I think as I have said before that GW is just too big for this hobby.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri May 20, 2011 2:48 pm

It's one thing to buy $7-$12 models when you only need 10 (Infinity) to 30 (WM/H) figs.

When you need 300 gobos or skaven, $4 each is just too high to pay.

The new TK book goes up to $44 with the next bump
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Fri May 20, 2011 3:16 pm

Most companies seem to have realized that. Back in the day we saw many games that tried to do what GW was doing with similar large scale war games that just died off. The skirmish model or games that require only a few models to really play is much more viable while you don't have to overly simplify the game and can offer something different.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Fri May 20, 2011 4:54 pm

There's a lot to be said for that, but how many of us stick to that limit. I know Infinity is flavour of the month right now, so I'd be interested to see how many of y'all stick to a relatively small force, or how many of you go for more than n faction in the end, and spend large amounts.

And I can't talk either... I'm still tracking down stuff for Starship Troopers, and that's all ebay...
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat May 21, 2011 12:19 am

Kyle wrote:And in 5 years material costs have not sky rocketed? As they certainly have being someone who works with manufacturing and wholesales. Prices on production materials has not dropped in over 10 years, and have just been going up and up with shit like oil prices and metal being out of control worldwide. All the figures in that guy's article are going to be out of date, because they now would likely all be higher.

Other game companies have also been raising their prices as well, just most don't do annual increases. Course also you are dealing with smaller companies trying to compete with a juggernaught like GW so they have to work on tiny profit margins to stay in the game. Most other game companies are just a handful of guys in an office. GW has thousands of employees and a massive infrastructure that they have to maintain for what is essentially a niche hobby market.

Many of the smaller companies have been left scrambling to try and keep up by switching to resin production as they can't afford to use metal anymore as it would price them out of the market. It would be great if GW could switch to resin as well and perhaps lower prices, but they really can't as none of their molds they have made in past decades will work with resin production and they would have to redo the whole line, and resin production just can't keep up with the volume of production GW sells at since its a much slower process than their plastics.

Call me a GW apologist if you want, I haven't bought a GW product outside of the WFB 8 book in almost 2 years. People know I'm into lot of other games and pimp them pretty heavily when I can. GW prices are high yes, but I think as I have said before that GW is just too big for this hobby.

I was talking about the article that was posted not you.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Sat May 21, 2011 9:27 pm

me and alot of the aussies are trying to do something about it.

Last edited by Dice_Runt on Sun May 22, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun May 22, 2011 5:22 am

Good Luck! GW has an excellent track record of listening to its customers Rolling Eyes .
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol Sun May 22, 2011 8:31 am

KingdomCome wrote:Good Luck! GW has an excellent track record of listening to its customers Rolling Eyes .

Their motto is "Deep feelings, thoughtful actions and golden showers for loyal customers"
aosol
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Sun May 22, 2011 12:52 pm

update: GW is having one of the aussies fly out and meet with them...to talk about the increase
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down