The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cassino Hype!

+2
Hurricane
KingdomCome
6 posters

Go down

Cassino Hype! Empty Cassino Hype!

Post by KingdomCome Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:23 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I'm stoked for cassino. Some neat armies are going to be available. The one I'm licking my chops for are the nisie (2nd generation Japanese American). Fearless vets that take motivation tests on 2+, they can try to charge into cc after being bounced back the first time, and they come with all the trimmings a normal US infantry division get! Get your silly fanatic Germans ready , the Nisie are coming!
British get a fearless vet Indian company and the kiwis finally make an appearance in the late war.
This should get good on June 11th!
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Cassino Hype! Empty Re: Cassino Hype!

Post by Hurricane Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:53 am

I will be ready with my 1st FJ division! The green devils with their +2 movtivation checks..... fearless vets too. That is just ridiculous!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:24 am

Im sold.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:16 am

The Panzergrenadier platoon that gets fortifications and Panthers that come in the 9th inning as a closer for a "significant points break" may be my new Jam.

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:15 am

The panzer grenadiers are confident trained with panther and tiger turret fortifications. That just silly.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:03 pm

I'm actually excited over the plastic urban rubble bases. My hungarians would look damn sexy on that.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:09 pm

An Elefant company served in Italy. Cool.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:52 pm

Woooo got my copy ! I'll post my thoughts later.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:22 pm

The hype is justified. What a great book! Every army is potent and look like a blast to play. The axis have a cool fortification structure available to them and loads of options. I'm sure most people will gravitate towards the German paras due to what's available to them, but the confident trained German outfit can be downright scary. It'll easily be double the size of almost any other German company and has access to scary turret bunkers. Say hello to an American sized army that can take trenches and are backed up by panther turrets!
On the allied side, I was surprised at how good they all look. The nisie are impressive, but I think the 91st cav are even more so. All the combat platoons and most of the weapon platoons are recon. The infantry platoons are scary good because of how flexible and cheap they are. Before the start of the game you can make switches to any rifle team to potent options; allowing you to tailor to what you're facing. For example: facing a Russian horde? Not a problem switch up to 5 ( of 9 stands) into lmgs. Do that to 3 infantry platoons for 275 each and you're looking at 75 shots down range. Nasty.
I haven't really looked at the brits yet so that's another post. But really who cares?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Sweet, Bill and I are going to pass by tomorrow and pick up our copies! Hurray for the FJ's! I have been waiting forever for a book on the Green devils!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Man, this looks really good. I really like the campaign. Those french guys look really cool.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:03 am

Just realized that my FJ's don't have any panzerfausts, only panzerknackers. I guess that is the sacrifice that I have to make for the +2 motivation checks.

@ Luis, I'm ready for your Russians!!!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down