The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Hype!

+16
Abaddon
Warbird
scurrdi
jerryb
ShadowMaster
Dice_Runt
Ovich
zephel
rokassan
jspyd3rx
Vycem
Kyle
Hurricane
Quincilla767
Frantic
KingdomCome
20 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Infinity Hype! Empty Infinity Hype!

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:30 am

Oh boy! I received my infinity Rulebook in the mail yesterday and had some time to peruse through it. I must say, for the price, its definitely one of the nicest rulebooks I've owned. Hardcover, over 200 full color pages, full backgrounds on all the factions, rules of play (duh), and full army lists for all the factions. All for 36 bucks + shipping and handling from ccg armory. Fuck you Orcs & Goblin army book !
The rules themselves seem to make sense. It's a fluid system once you learn your orders... which are many. If an enemy fig comes into one of your figs los, there are a myriad of options available. You can run and duck for cover, shoot and run, dodge, etc... it's a lengthy list, but it makes for some awesome action sequences in the game. Think jhon woo meets necromunda minus the doves and you have an idea of what infinity is. I'll be swinging by sunshine next week and I'll have the book with me if anyone wants a look. Twisted Evil
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Infinity Hype! Empty Re: Infinity Hype!

Post by Frantic Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:15 am

I read the quickstart rules and I really like this game. Sort of reminds me of a skirmish version of at 43 with some more detail thrown in due to the infantry focus.

I'm thinking of buying into this game. If any of you has the figs and would like to run a demo that would be nice Wink
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:40 am

I'm still waiting on my figs, but the game makes proxing easy. You could easily use your at 43 una as panoceana or red blok as nomads. It's just that easy. I'll be proxing with some of my 40k until the minis are ready.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:54 am

Hmmm... Sounds good!
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincilla767 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:56 am

I got my minis and i have to say their great XD hope to have my starters done soon, haven't had much time to read the book
Quincilla767
Quincilla767
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 111
Armies : Tau, Daemon hunters, Dark Elves
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Not that I need anymore games! I have so many that I don't play now. But the models are beautiful.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Told everyone it was a good game.

Also for those who haven't played yet, it will be a complicated game to fully grasp at first as there is lot to remember in the details so you will miss little things. Check youtube for the corvus beli channel where the company has put up informative tutorials of the game that help show of the game concepts.

Great game and the rules are online for free along with all the unit stats. The miniatures are a bit pricey but you don't need many at all as average army size is around 10 figs only
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:09 pm

+1 interwebz points for Kyle. The figs are a *bit* pricey, but if you're a smart shopper you could get very decent deals online. Even on warstore, I could get the current complete range for my current faction ( Combined Army) for less than a 2000 point 40k army. It's around 20-25 figs averaging around 10-12 dollars each not including T.A.G.S ( big robots) so well say around 300 for the current range. Not bad.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:20 pm

So what army is everyone playing?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Aleph baby! though I picked up a few Nomad and CA models because they looked awesome. But Aleph is my #1 squeeze

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Nomads, but won't be able to play for a bit due to new addition to the family:)
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Babies are definitely a time sink. I don't have any, so I can't grasp it fully, but I've heard...
@Kyle: I've been thinking about you Kyle. Not in a homo way, but in a ghost in a machine type of way. Has any one actually met Kyle? Reason I ask is you're the only person I've even heard played infinity at all. Maybe we could meet up some where and get a few learning games in. Then I can go to sunshine or tates or where ever and each it to others. Lemme know.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Rok: really? Which females look like hookers? They do wear form fitting stuff, but I didn't find any of it inappropriate.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Also I would warn people about the big expensive units like TAGS. In my experience they are a risky investment. Thing to remember about Infinity is that you have tons of options and most troops carry multiple ammunition types and various types of gadgets. Your bad ass TAG might seem tough, but suddenly some low point grunt who happens to have some explosive rounds or armor piercing bullets will easily put the hurt on your big bot.

The game is very fast paced once you learn it and very high risk all around. It is common to see a 5 point light infantry grunt take out that 50 point super soldier who decided to make a bonehead attempt to run across a street.

The reaction system also can create some amazingly dynamic battles where one action leads to a chain of events that leave a bunch of bodies on both sides. Don't be surprised that your battle might have finished within one or two rounds, because the game can be that deadly.

As for females, theres a lot of them and they don't all look like anime sluts. The Nomads are the worst in that regard because the faction is basically a bunch of anarchist hacker teens, that created an anime fans wet dream society with their own cat girls. The other factions have very nice and normal looking females like the Haqqislam and Yu Jing.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:35 pm

That female oniwaban mini I very slick, think it's new.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:37 pm

KingdomCome wrote:Rok: really? Which females look like hookers? They do wear form fitting stuff, but I didn't find any of it inappropriate.

Valerya Gromoz,
Caledonian Volunteers...chick with plaid miniskirt and wet tank top.
7th Foxtrot Rangers...chick with hip huggers, t-shirt showing belly and pig tails.
1er Régiment de Para-Commandos...she actually looks good, except for her goddamn belly showing. We aint at the club bitch.
Line Kazak...chick looks good...except for the fuck tummy handing out. Again we arent at the beach.
Uxía McNeill...looks cool except again, we have tummy and the top of her thong hanging out.
Nagas...looks like an assasin unit. The body suit is acceptable.
Daktaris...a joke. Stupid looking.
Moderators from Bakunin...female cops that look like goth fetish chicks.

Thats a quick run down. Again most of the units look good.

rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Oh ariadna. I'm actually digging that faction.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:41 pm

When I get some figs I'm gonna go with the haqqislam.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:42 pm

which was the psychic computer one?
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:43 pm

zephel wrote:which was the psychic computer one?

Aleph most likely. They are part of the faction that fall under control of the supreme AI that controls most things

KingdomCome wrote:Oh ariadna. I'm actually digging that faction.

Been trying to slowly build up a 2nd army of them. They are fun, as they are the lowest tech faction, there weapons are more specialized and usually cost less points to purchase. Also they use lot less high tech weaponry which protects them from various EMP style weaponry. The high tech nature of the other factions is also a weakness at times, like one time I used one of my spider drones to lob a EMP grenade up into a towers nest where a cloaked sniper was at. The EMP basically shut down all the weapon and gear of the sniper so he was no longer cloaked, and sniper rifle disabled, so he had only a knife left to use from up in a tower lol. Wouldn't happen to a Ariadna sniper who uses conventional weapons.

Last edited by Kyle on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:46 pm

Kyle wrote:
zephel wrote:which was the psychic computer one?

Aleph most likely. They are part of the faction that fall under control of the supreme AI that controls most things
I would play those. Maybe over the summer when i am able to swing by sunshine more often
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Frantic wrote:When I get some figs I'm gonna go with the haqqislam.
Haqqislam is pretty dope. They have specialized troops that use biological weapons. So if your figs don't have some sort of biological resistance it'll make for a quick game.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Every faction has it's own unique thing that they tend to specialize a bit more than everyone else in, but it's never a game breaker and usually most everyone has access to a bit of everything anyways. Pan Oceanic for example tend to on average have the best shooting stat in the game, Yu Jing have higher overall close combat stats, nomads better at the hacking and electronic warfare, ardiana are rough and tough..... etc.

Though the nice thing about the system is that it's a D20 game so you have a much larger range or stats. Unlike a D6 based game, a single stat point difference does not make a huge difference statistically, so even though a faction on average might have a +2 better in a stat than yours, it's a very minor difference really.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:12 pm

What I'm actually thinking about doing with ariadna (after I get the rules down) is camo spam. They would be incredibly difficult to shoot at and could strike where ever it suits them best.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:19 pm

KingdomCome wrote:What I'm actually thinking about doing with ariadna (after I get the rules down) is camo spam. They would be incredibly difficult to shoot at and could strike where ever it suits them best.

Yes they have lots of camo which is a nice bonus, they also have alot of air dropping troops which can be pretty bad ass in flexibility. Best troops you want the most of for Ariadna army without a doubt are the Veteran Kazaks, I would always take the max allowance of them. There abilities are crazy good.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next