The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog Tag Challenge Board

3 posters

Go down

Dog Tag Challenge Board Empty Dog Tag Challenge Board

Post by jhope Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Dog Tag Challenge Board 2010-111

We've had this FOW board at Sunshine for some time. I sent a picture of it to battlefront and they sent me this list of rules. Just wondering if anyone is interested in trying this out.

We will eventually need dogtags that can be found at www.gf9.com. They cost $4.00, assuming they still do it. I'll talk to Joel as well.

Warriors Challenge Board Rules

1. Your Challenge Board Tag may include any information you wish but it must include your name and contact data.
2. You may only issue a challenge to someone who is ranked higher on the board than your current location.
3. You must accept a challenge. No dodging games.
4. If you receive a challenge you have 1 week to arrange the challenge or your position is lost by default to the person you challenged you.
5. You may only delay the playing of a challenge game by up to one week from the date of challenge notification.
6. If you are in the first place position on the board and you lose your position you may not make a challenge for that position again for two weeks.
7. You may not challenge the same person more than once consecutively with in a two week period.
8. Each session of the challenge board league will be a specific time period. However if both players agree to a time period different to the currently specified period that’s permissible.
9. Each session of the challenge board league will be limited to the current tournament seasons points level for that year. However if both players agree to a point level different from the current standard it is permissible.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 294
Armies : British, German & Soviet armies
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Dog Tag Challenge Board Empty Re: Dog Tag Challenge Board

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:12 pm

I'm interested
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm interested. I actually know someone who can make dog tags.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:56 am

Here's some additional information from battlefront.

"That is a challenge board. Each player has a dog tag or something similar and you place your ID at the bottom of the board. Players that win a game move up the pyramid. You can challenge up, down, or laterally but you can only advance up if you play someone laterally or above you. The league goes for 'x' number of weeks and the player on top at the end wins the league. Points, missions, time period is up to the players."

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:34 pm

If Joel ever finds the board again, we'll have a go at this. I keep bugging him every time I'm there.

First time, I think we might run it for 2 months and see how it goes.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:46 am

Pfft...good luck!
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:20 pm

I found the board the other day and I hope to mount it on the wall at Sunshine tomorrow while someone distracts Joel. I have two sets of rules from BF that I'll look over. I hope to get a store/home league going soon.

I'll post and print the rules so that you guys can make suggestions.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:19 pm

The board is up. We started today. Steve beat me in the first game to move up one spot and then I beat Tom to move up one.

We should wait one week to challenge each other again. I added a few names to the board with paper and tape. So far the baord will look like:

<<< 4 >>>
<<< 3 >>>
<<< 2 >>> Steve --- Julian
<<< 1 >>> Tom --- Mike ---

Let me know if you want to be added to the board.

Dog Tag Challenge Board 2011-013

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 pm

So, who wants in? You don't need me to play. Just schedule and play games amongst yourselves. Please post results or message me and I'll keep the board updated online and at the store when needed. My cell is (305)606-5026.

I'll go through the two sets of rules again and combine them. For now we should have this as open ended until we see how the interest is and how long it takes for people to move up. Unless Joel complains, I see no reason not to allow people to play outside of the shop.

Working on Joel to get the dog tags...

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Luke just beat me...aghhh. Lost 4 command plts and commander in one turn to Soviet infantry!!!

<<< 4 >>>
<<< 3 >>>
<<< 2 >>> Steve --- Luke
<<< 1 >>> Tom --- Mike --- Julian

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:38 am

Here are the rules that I've come up with so far. I'll print and post at the store. If anyone has any additions or changes, please let me know.

Challenge Board Rules:

1. Your Challenge Board Tag may include any information you wish but it must include your name and contact data.
2. You can challenge up or laterally. You can only advance up if you play someone laterally or above you. If you beat someone above you, then you will swap places with them. If two players on the same level play, then the winner moves up.
3. You must accept a challenge. No dodging games.
4. If you receive a challenge you have 1 week to arrange the challenge or your position is lost by default to the person who challenged you.
5. You may only delay the playing of a challenge game by up to one week from the date of challenge notification.
6. If you are in the first place position on the board and you lose your position you may not make a challenge for that position again for two weeks.
7. You may not challenge the same person more than once consecutively with in a two week period
8. Points, missions and a time period is up to the players. If for some reason you can't decide then please roll some dice.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down