The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when does the new season begin for blood bowl

3 posters

Go down

when does the new season begin for blood bowl Empty when does the new season begin for blood bowl

Post by gnmach5 Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:07 pm

hi when are you guys gonna start the new season of blood bowl and are you taking in new teams

gnmach5
Cultist

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

when does the new season begin for blood bowl Empty Re: when does the new season begin for blood bowl

Post by Dan Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Well if all goes well, the finals should be played this Thursday August 18. It was supposed to be last week but got canceled.

We're welcoming everyone that wants to play and you're welcome to use any of the official teams including the last 3 that were included (Chaos Pact, Underwolrd & Slann).

The only problem I can forsee is that if we get a huge turnout there won't be enough Boards to play on. At the moment we have 6 players. From what I've heard so far 1 more is a definite and If Chef Xenos quits chasing his dream of earing his Michelin Stars he might one day come back as well!

We try to play twice a month on Thursdays. For example the main core group of guys that play Blood Bowl also play Warhammer 40k and I'm sure they play other games that I don't know about, so they don't have the time or resources to go to Joels every day to play games. I believe they're there every week but they alternate their games so as not to get burnt out, I suppose.

BUT that doesn't mean we can't squeeze in more games on different days if need be.

For example if one week you can only make it on a Monday or whatever, I'm sure I can make it to get a game in.

So as not to make the season really long we will play each player Once. After everybody has played everybody one time, then'll we'll tally the standings of each team and that's how we'll figure out what teams get to play in the semi- finals and so on.

Right now as far as I know, these are the teams getting ready for the upcoming season.

Necromantic Undead. (me)
Nurgle Rotters. (Rob)
Chaos Pact. (Eric)
Chaos. (Sam)
Lizardmen. (Vincent)
Orcs. (Harry, Although I've heard rumors in the locker room that he may come in next season with a different team.)

Humans. (New Player, Luis, I think he's going to play Humans)

I know at least 2 to 5 others have shown interest in joining the league but don't know for sure.

And hopefully Chef Xenos (Lizardmen team) will come back as well.

The more players that participate the more fun this game is.

So after all that, to answer your question, I'm hoping the new seaosn starts sometime after August 18!

If the finals get played this Thrusday then I know at least I'll be available to play either Friday 19, or Monday 22, Tuesday 23. & Thursday 25.

Look forward to seeing you on the field.

Last edited by Dan on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poor grammer)
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

when does the new season begin for blood bowl Empty Re: when does the new season begin for blood bowl

Post by gnmach5 Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Alright cool keep me posted, i met a few of you guys a few weeks go at sunshine, also i got a game board so at least that makes four fields. I,ve never heard of those last three teams so i guess my rules are out dated again (dam i just updated it a few months ago lol) Guess i got some research to do, Dammit i taught i had all the big guy mini's. Do you still play at sunshine or has the location moved. well hope to hear from you guys soon BTW my name is Pablo

gnmach5
Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:28 pm

The FREE PDF Living Rulebook download from GW is the most updated rules so far.
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf

As you'll see the 3 new teams have not been included in the rules because GW states there aren't miniatures for it. (which is sorta hogwash, their fantasy lineup can help create the CHAOS PACT, mix SCAVEN & GOBLINS to make the UNDERWORLD and ok, SLANN is the only team that GW doesn't have official miniatures for, unless you want to hunt down the 80's versions, which I think have future guns. BUT there are other companies that make decent looking Frog players to be Slann)

Anyway, thanks to Eric, here is the link to the new teams.

http://www.thenaf.net/files/NewTeams_LRB6.pdf

So your rules should be fine, you just need these 2 extra pages.

Oh & yeah, as far as I know we still play at Sunshine.
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gnmach5 Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:59 pm

cool thanks i put in my living rule book, yea i saw on the impact miniatures website but i think ill hold off for now im still looking for some freaken norse mini's

gnmach5
Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:50 am

for maria's norse team i used the valkries
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:45 am

Hey gnmach5 (Pablo), missed you at sunshine on Thursday.

Our Next Official game days are Sept 15 & 29, Thursdays at 8pm.

If you can't make it those days, what days can you make it and we'll see what we can do.

Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gnmach5 Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:26 pm

shit. i been checking this blog every week never saw a start date, until today, my bad man how many teams do you got? cuz i dont want to be the odd man fucking up the whole league.

gnmach5
Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:55 pm

we want new players so it don't matter how many total people are involved.

Besides we're playing it by point system, Now don't quote me on this but I think it's 2 for a win 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss.

So after we've all played each other once we tally up points and the Top 4 make it to the semi finals then winners play in the final.

So wether we have odd or even number of total players it doesn't make a difference at the end. It makes you fight harder to even get INTO the play-offs.
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gnmach5 Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:48 pm

ok sweet, ill be there on the 15th

gnmach5
Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down