The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a Russian force

2 posters

Go down

Buying a Russian force Empty Buying a Russian force

Post by TSMango Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:14 am

When money gets a bit less tight I'd like to start playing Flames of War. I want to play Soviets, and the 8y Gvardeyskiy Strelkov Korpus (8th Rifle Guard Corps) box appeals to me due to how much it contains. But my question is, what rulebooks would I have to buy with it? And in order to play (and maybe win sometimes Razz), would I have to buy any other units?
TSMango
TSMango
Neophyte

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Buying a Russian force Empty Re: Buying a Russian force

Post by KingdomCome Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:19 am

Infantry is always a good option in flames. As far as a specific Russian force, it'll probably come down to personal taste because there are tons of good armies for them. It's a bit hard to explain what you'll need without first choosing an army and seeing what's available to them. If you ever just want to learn flames of war, I have tons of stuff and would be happy to teach you. We also have the Cassino campaign coming up (which I haven't posted) which is a great place to start because its an escalation league. You start with 500 points and work your way up to 900 points. This roughly translates to a very small force so it should be an affordable way to grow your army. If money would be tight for you to join the campaign , I have enough for 3 or 4 small armies so you could use them. They would be American though....
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down