The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flames of War - St. Valentine's Day Massacre

5 posters

Go down

Flames of War - St. Valentine's Day Massacre Empty Flames of War - St. Valentine's Day Massacre

Post by jhope Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:03 pm

Coming sometime in February or early March (need to check with Joel). This is a team game battle between Axis and Allies with infantry companies. Limited tank support, but rewards for those that play aggressively.

Rules are below:

PREPARING FOR BATTLE
1. Each side must nominate an overall commander which will represent a higher command team. Any Company commander within 6” of the higher command team may re-roll its company morale check. Other than allowing company commanders to re-roll their company morale check, the higher command team acts exactly like a company commander team.
2. Add up the total amount of companies for each side and the side who has more companies becomes the attacker. The difference between the total amount of attacker companies and defender companies will determine how many Stratagems the defender receives. Consult the table below to determine which Stratagems are being used.
3. The table length of the game should be proportionate to the number of companies in the larger force. There should be at least 6' of table length for every 2 companies.
4. The attacking side chooses which table edge to attack from.
5. Nominate all of your combat attachments and Kampfgruppen. Each player must then nominate one combat platoon per company and set them aside. These platoons represent the Frontline Platoons which will have special rules located below.
6. If the defending players receive additional fortifications then all fortifications are placed at this time. Fortifications may be placed anywhere in the defenders half of their table.
7. Draw a line down the center of the table lengthwise. Both sides, starting with the attacking side, alternate deploying their Frontline Platoons within 6” of the center line on their own half of the table. All the Frontline Platoons start in Hasty Defenses.
 Hasty Defenses count as trenches for all game play rules but if any teams in the hasty defenses are hit by a bombardment there is a chance that the trenches will be destroyed. The shooting player makes a separate firepower roll for the hasty defenses and if successful the portion of trenches underneath the template are destroyed and removed from the game.
6. Both sides, starting with the attacker, alternate placing platoons in their own half of the table. The platoons may not be placed within 12” of the center line of the table.
7. Both sides, starting with the attackers, now alternate placing their Independent Teams in their deployment areas.

Difference of companies Stratagem Defending players receive
(Effects are cumulative)
1 Defender players receive 45 points of Fortifications for each 6' table being used.
2 Defender players receive 45 points of Fortifications for each 6' table being used.
3 Each Defending player may ambush one platoon
4 Each Defending player may ignore the first destroyed platoon for purposes of company morale checks.
5 or more Each Attacking player must randomly place one platoon per company in reserve

BEGINNING THE BATTLE
1. This mission uses the Mobile Battle special rule
2. Starting with the attacking players, both sides make Reconnaissance Deployment moves for any Recce Platoons they have on the table.
3. The attacking players have the first turn.

ENDING THE BATTLE
The battle ends when either:
 When the game master calls time or assigned time limit ends, or
 When one side capitulates.

DECIDING WHO WON
The side who scores the most victory points will win the scenario. Calculate victory points by using the following chart:

 1 Victory Point for each enemy platoon destroyed during the shooting phase
 2 Victory Points for each enemy platoon destroyed during the assault phase
 2 Victory Points for destroying the higher command team regardless of method.
 3 Victory Points for each friendly combat platoon in which every remaining team in the platoon is within the enemies’ deployment zone.

ARMY BUILDING REQUIREMENTS
1. All players must bring a mechanized or infantry company worth no more than 1500 points. Players may build multiple companies but each company must be 1500 points.
2. Players may only have one tank platoon per company. A tank platoon is defined as such if the majority of a platoon's teams are rated as tank teams.
3. Each player should be prepared to use the Fortifications rules located in the hardback rulebook.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 294
Armies : British, German & Soviet armies
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Flames of War - St. Valentine's Day Massacre Empty Re: Flames of War - St. Valentine's Day Massacre

Post by Warbird Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:04 pm

So this game will probably run a lot more smoothly and be more enjoyable if we have a general idea of the teams and such so people can do a little coordination Wink.

So I'll be the first to say I will be playing my Germans.

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Flames of War - St. Valentine's Day Massacre Empty Re: Flames of War - St. Valentine's Day Massacre

Post by jhope Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Axis:
1. Rob - Germans
2. Mike - Finns

Allies:
1. Julian - British (I'd like to play!)
2. Luke - Soviets (Still painting)

Last edited by jhope on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:38 pm

I shall participate!
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:53 am

I definately will not be able to attend.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Anyone tried building a company yet? I built two infantry companies with my British troops and only used three platoons of infantry. Even with the restrictions, I think there will be a fair amount of armor on the board. I expected to need more infantry.

Russians should be interesting if I can get enough painted to use them.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Maybe we limit everyone to only 400pts of Armor?

I know in a lot of my lists I can take 4 platoons of infantry then fill the rest up with MG platoons, mortars, jeeps, recon ect.

Maybe putting a cap on the Armor points will encourage people to take some stuff they normally wouldn't

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:41 pm

My list is done. It has some tanks...maybe T-26s, maybe Stugs... Who knows ?
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:54 am

No cap on armor. Just 1 platoon though or Company if you're Russians. Wink

Don "The Professor" is in with Americans or Germans. But who knows what he will really show up with?

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:41 pm

I wonder who's bringing 10 T-34s?

Well then my list

Grenadierkompanie
Hq 45pts
Combat Platoons
2 Grenadier Squads 110pts
2 Grenadier Squads 110pts
Divisional Support
4 Elefants 1200pts

Total 1,465

Totally kidding... would be rather funny though

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Depends on the day it actually falls i may or may not be able to attend. This is mid or late war ? .. hmmm...i can bring a Full Company of 7 IS-2s ...
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 pm

4 elephants and 7 Is-s'2 !?! Infantry will be sitting in holes while the big boys play.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:30 pm

It's late war and it's on the Saturday, Feb. 4th.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Players so far.

Axis:
1. Rob - Germans
2. Mike - Finns
3. Anthony - Germans
4. Older Luke - Germans

Allies:
2. Luke - Soviets (Still painting)

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:19 pm

What time do you guys plan on starting BTW?
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:08 pm

12:00 on Saturday. I'll get there around 11:00.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Players so far.

Axis:
1. Rob - Germans
2. Mike - Finns
3. Anthony - Germans
4. Older Luke - Germans
5. Ethan - Germans

Allies:
2. Luke - Soviets
3. Don - Americans
4. Matt - British

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow. So I'm out. sorry guys

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:16 am

We ended up with the players below. 6 companies on each side and 3 tables end to end. In the end the Allies beat the axis 10 - 5.

Axis:
1.Tom - Germans
2. Anthony - Germans
3. Older Luke - Germans
4. Ethan - Germans

Allies:
2. Luke - Soviets
3. Don - Americans
4. Matt - British

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down