The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8ed Edition List Balance

3 posters

Go down

8ed Edition List Balance Empty 8ed Edition List Balance

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Picking up a conversation Nate and i were having on facebook re: WoC, but this applies to all armies in 8th edition.

What GW did with 8ed is move the game back to infantry with such a big swing, that today is all about LARGE units. Either in wide horde formation or stacked super deep for extra ranks, most units are now best run big.

What you want to do in 8th edition is build a solid melee line and sprinkle in some support. Every point spent on heros and support takes from your bricks, so you need to make optimum choices to be successful. Double Hell Canons cost a big chunk for a couple of shots per turn. I'd prefer traditional hard to kill Knights in the flank for the points.

The trick is to find the proper balance between your hordes and your support. My experience with WoC showed me you need as many on the front lines as you can get. The WoC characters and support cost so much that you need to make a couple of hard choices and dump the rest into bodies.

My Gobo horde is available to show you why when you are ready.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

8ed Edition List Balance Empty Re: 8ed Edition List Balance

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:10 pm

My home PC recently went through an anti-virus refresh and i no longer have my old WoC lists. The 3K 'Ard Boyz list was something like this.....

Tz Sord Lord, spell buff upgrades (3rd eye, etc)
Tz BSB, terror banner
Tz Sorc Hero, dispel scroll
25 Tz Chosen, FC - EoTG reroll item on champ
20 Warriors of Tz, FC
20 Warriors of Tz, FC
20 Marauders of Khorne, Great Weapons
20 Marauders of Khorne, Great Weapons
2 Warshrines of Tz

I went into my play-testing match vs. Luis' rats feeling like I had a pretty good wall of metal with excellent saves, solid magic, solid hammer units on the flanks, and minimal (yet hard to kill) support in the shirnes.

Luis' 280 rat horde over ran this whole list in 2 turns without breaking a sweat. He outnumbered me 3 units to 1 and entered combat without fear as even if I won, he'd be steadfast. His level 4 easily held off my level 4 for 2 turns and it was over. The Lightning Canons and A-Bombs hit home and everything dies.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:13 pm

My best DoC list in 8th - 3 heros, 3 core bricks, 2 units of flamers, 2 bloodcrushers (artillary hunters)
No Lord, No Level 4, No Flesh-Hounds

My best 8Ed Army is my Night Gobo Horde. Characters, 230 Infantry, and nasty support (fanatics, chariots, pump wagons, rock lobbas, doom diver)

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 am

i didn't even know you had a WoC army
aosol
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:27 pm

WoC was my first army (before they broke it off into 3 armies). The brick was my 2nd run at WoC. Traded it away (again).
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:33 pm

i was thinking if i had time i would have got myself deamons but yea breaking blocks are a bitch now. But than again andrew is running moarnfang. i took 30 casualties from them in one turn. I know against my chaos i would be screwed. Main reason why i am thinking duel hellcannons in the future
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down