The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOTR question

3 posters

Go down

WOTR question Empty WOTR question

Post by Garry Wed May 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Has anyone tried the wotr with 15mm for the combat system?
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

WOTR question Empty Re: WOTR question

Post by ShadowMaster Thu May 17, 2012 10:41 am

Do you mean War Of The Ring?
Sure, you could play it with 15mm models if you wanted to.

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu May 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Yea war of the ring I think the combat system could work for mideval time war. I still really need to play out a game with the field of glory ancient rules but like the charater rules for the war of the rings Some of my stuff should be sold with in the next few days on eBay so I can buy the 15mm minitures
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu May 17, 2012 1:59 pm

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

WOTR is all based on formation made up of multiple companies. As long as the base sizes are consistant, I see no reason why you can't build formations with bases of 15mm models.

A standard infantry company is 8 models. Cav is 2.

You would need to track the wounds for a specific company (as you can't remove some of the models).
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu May 17, 2012 3:17 pm

It looks like I might have to make some adjustment to WOTR with base sizes and model counts FOG has hvy calv 3 models and hvy foot 3 models med foot 4 light foot 5 not to mention base sizes all have frontage of 40 mm but width varies for 15, 20, 30 and 40 mm. It is the cost for figures that really draws me to 15mm and the size the games can be huge on a 4by8 board. I feel I could get a model count as high as 1000 a side with plenty of room for movement and tactics. 1000 15mm models with foot calv and war machines total cost is around $300 to $400 compared to 28mm would be about a grand if not more.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu May 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Good luck painting 1k models.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu May 17, 2012 8:14 pm

It's not that bad it took three day to paint 120 FOW fig's. One day clean and prime next 2 to paint highlight and base I want to say it took about 10 hours total. What else to do watch some singing dancing or other crap TV show I put on a audio book and listen to it while painting while the wife watches shows mentioned above.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down