The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's official

+6
lordfairfax2001
ImAShakiraholic
Warlord Solskritt
Diosamblet
luis the young
Ovich
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's official - Page 2 Empty Re: It's official

Post by Ovich Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:44 am

Dan,
I really like the idea you have. We should have Joel host a tournament where like 1000 pts of your army must be core, and no more than 500 can be Heroes. That would be interesting.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:10 am

Ok, gonna see if i start me building a ratmen army, is gonna take a while though, unless i can get some good deals Twisted Evil

Biggest problem with the TKs now vs VCs is that TKs lack variety, BIG TIME, most of our magic items are crap, and you always know what you are going to be facing- king on foot? hes gonna have DoE and Collar, Hierophant will always have cloak and jar, and so on.

Anyone wanna play a game of fantasy this thursday at joels/square ??
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:43 am

Luis,
Talk to Jerry. He has a humongo skaven army, already built that he's willing to part ways with. I was gonna buy it myself , but I just have too much shit right now.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:46 am

Thanks bud, but im short on Dinero atm, so im looking to get rid of my Tau that i have used twice in 6 months Smile got a couple of good offers allready, looks like the lizardmen offer is better right now, we'll see, i have set the lure and i have a few fish nibbling at it, just got to make it lok good enough that the big fish will bite Twisted Evil
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:40 pm

Go for the ratmen!

And yeah Stephan, it would be an interesting tournament to see. Of course probably the most list-abusable armies in that situation would be Empire/Dwarves, but other then that I think it'd be a fun tournament to see what would happen. Really bring out the general-ship in people.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:15 pm

scurrdi wrote:Go for the ratmen!

And yeah Stephan, it would be an interesting tournament to see. Of course probably the most list-abusable armies in that situation would be Empire/Dwarves, but other then that I think it'd be a fun tournament to see what would happen. Really bring out the general-ship in people.

LOL, most aboused list would be O&G, i can have 3 shamans and a warboss under 500 points.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:06 pm

So I can have 3 battle wizards and an empire general under 500 pts.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Let's do it. Let's set a tourney date at Joel's and just run it ourselves. Judges can participate. Rules questions are always answered by a judge at another table.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:10 pm

Im up for it, sometime in july or something, would have to be a sunday for me to really be able to make it though. Hey, i will have my skaven by then !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:12 pm

If I can swing being in town for a weekend in july then I'll do it. Unfortunately it's looking like the few days I'm going to be down will be during the week Crying or Very sad

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by the wanderer Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:09 pm

I would also be interested, depending on the day and lead time.
the wanderer
the wanderer
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 70
Armies : Bretonnian, Chaos Dwarf, Empire, Vampire Counts
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

It's official - Page 2 Empty VC Power

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:45 pm

I think the reason Stephen won was because the matchup favored him vs. Matt's Slaanesh Calvary list. Matt had no dispel scrolls.
I think my Tzeentch list matches up better.

It also comes down to list build. Stephen took a Lord and 3 Heros - WAY more than anyone else at the touney I saw. As Dale said, it was the cheeziest list. I don't think we need a special rules tourney to curb this, just more sportmanship from the players involved. Hell, 2 players already listed a 4 hero > 500 option, so why bother.

I could have poped up with a 4 Hero Tzeentch list with 17 power dice - but that makes me a dick. So I put in the giants, some fast calvary, chariots, etc. I didn't even take a Lord. I also scored a massacre in my 3rd round VC matchup.

Now some of that is because he player experience and skill. Stephen is a much tougher player than Dale's son. However, SOME of that is the fact that I played a more balanced 2K list with only 1 Lord and 1 Hero level character.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:29 pm

OMG Bill, you show up with like 9 powerdice and 2 Giants and your complaining about my cheezy list? Or how about Sams 3 Reaper throwers throwing out 18 shots a turn and his Heavy Cav that zoom through woods?

Army composition scoring is not the same as sportsmanship Bill. One has to do with the overall balance of your list, the latter with your conduct and behavior during the tourney. I do not consider someone who plays with a powerful list to be unsportsmanlike. I do consider the person who argues every rule and is generally unpleasant during a game to be unsportsmanlike.

That being said, Army Comp has never been enough to determine the outcomes of tournaments. All over the country people win grand tournaments and such with the cheeziest ass lists. Why, because even though they may have broken lists, they roll over everyone else by so much that the army comp score doesn't matter.

The amount of Lords and Heroes does not neccessarily determine the "cheeziness" of a list, because in essence you are trading in more units or more powerful units for better leadership and characters. What this does is create an actual imbalance in your force that may or may not leave you vulnerable to certain types of enemy lists... it's a choice you make.. a more balance approach allows you to basically take on all comers with the same kind of chances.

Contrary to your opinion, Bill I think that taking a 4 Hero Tzeentch lists does not make you a DICK... and I hope you weren't implying that I'm a Dick for taking 4 Heroes in my VC list. In fact, 4 Heroes is quite common in tournaments.

The proposal to make a tournament with certain restrictions I think would be fun, because it would force people to be more creative with their choices, beyond the character section.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:12 pm

I think Stephan is a Dick. afro

But on to other things !
Stephan is right concerning the Deifference between Sportsmanlike conduct and Bad composition scores.
Sportsmanship score: is when you play that guy that you just rather punch in the face than play another turn, those people that stop evry single action and argue about it, that guy that makes you pull out your rulebook about evry little thing your army does. This is the type of player that likes to sit back and delay the game for whatever reason.
Bad composition score: is when you look at an army and go "wtf?!" those guys that like to load up on evrything thats nasty in an army while taking the minimal core, there are ways to make EVRY army list a cheezy list, Steam tank + Altar + gun line of death comes to mind.

I think the 500 point limit on characters would work on a tourney and make it interesting, yeah you can have a lord and 3 heroes at 500 points...so what ? they are gonna be bared ass naked with none of the upgrades that REALLY make a character destructive. A vampire lord is NASTY, but without his 200 points of upgrades, his potential goes down a ton.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:19 pm

ahem... screw you luis....

Well... we can do all sorts of things..

we can make 500 pts of characters with no lord choices.... or only 1 lord choice worth no more than 300 pts... or a no magic tournament with no wizards allowed.

What do you guys want to do?

I'm definitely tired of all these destroyer of eternity, 3 liche priest, double catapult, double scorpion lists flying around.. farao

P.s It would also be refreshing to see Matt win without his Chosen with Rapturous Standard... Tell ya what Matt, you do that, and I'll take a wood elf list WITHOUT the Hail of doom arrow ... ok?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:02 pm

Stephan, I don't think you could actually make that list. It's too ingrained in the program. Very Happy

However, I think there is a variety of types of tournaments available. If I get the chance I will post an article I found in an old WD about "Low Fantasy" games. They have a list of options you can do to make it "low fantasy" basically, tone down the cheese abilities.

Some of them include things like: No Lord choices, No rare choices, no mages, no monsterous creatures, etc.

I'll see if I can get them up and online.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:05 pm

good idea Dan, I remember that article... Let's do a Low Fantasy Tourney.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:18 pm

That sounds like a Genius idea!
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Please let me be clear - I'm not complaining about anybodys list, nor do I think Stephen is a dick. What I'm saying is I'm not surprised Stephen did well with that setup.

My list did have 8 power dice, but that is low for a Tzeentch list. It was also a bit of a weakness that I may correct next month. One thing is for sure - the Chaos Giants will be there. They are way too much fun to leave them home!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:30 pm

Agreed! Everyone either loves or hates a good giant!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:39 pm

allright.. here's the deal guys. I found the article for "low fantasy" in the grim world of Warhammer. I'm going to run a tournament at Joels using the rules that we are randomly going to determine together.

I need 6 guys to roll a 2 D 6 for me and report to me the 2 numbers you got

I'll then let you know what the restrictions are for the armies and we'll post up the tourney sign up list, along with the rules in the sunshine forum..

So who wants to kick this off ?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:11 pm

OOH!!! I have that WD! It was my first I ever bought!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:39 pm

The Cubork Pharao Rat has rolled a 7.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Luis, tell me what 2 numbers you got, not the combined number.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:24 am

OK for all you warhammer players out there... Juan Carlos, Matt, Luis, and I rolled on the random chart for the rules governing our upcoming '" LOW Fantasy" tournament. and the way we rolled, it's gonna be LOW.

Here it is

1500 pts Tournament with

1. 2 Characters only
2. Lv1 wizards allowed only
3. No magic items worth more than 35 pts.. (had to lower it with no Lord Choices)
4. No Flying units
5. No single models worth more than 175 pts
6. CORE ONLY

Sounds a little Dull, but let me tell you it won't be dull when the shit starts to hit the Fan...

I'm gonna go ahead and post this on the Sunshine Forum..

Cheers. !!
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next