The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500pts Light Infantry

5 posters

Go down

1500pts Light Infantry Empty 1500pts Light Infantry

Post by Warlord Solskritt Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:29 pm

Hey everyone! yet another list from me.

Doctrines:
Light Infantry
Cameleoline
Sharpshooters
Iron Discipline
Stormtrooper Squads

HQ
Heroic Senior Officer with power sword,bolt pistol,Iron Discipline,Cameleoline,Light Infantry,Standard bearer,medic,two plasma gunners-138

Missile Launcher squad with sharpshooters doctrine,Cameleoline,Light Infantry-125

Lascannon squad with sharpshooters doctrineCameleoline,Light Infantry-140

Elite

Full Infiltrating Stormtrooper Squad with two plasmaguns,veteran sergeant with powersword-141

Full Hardened Veteran Squad with three meltaguns,Krak grenades,Cameleoline,Light Infantry-150

Troops

Platoon 813 Command-Junior officer with bolt pistol,Iron Discipline,Cameleoline,Light Infantry,four guardsmen with flamers-90

Platoon 813 squad 1-meltagun,lascannon team,Cameleoline,Light Infantry-115

Platoon 813 squad 2-plasmagun,heavy bolter team,Cameleoline,Light Infantry-100

Platoon 813 squad 3-grenade launcher,heavy bolter team,Cameleoline,Light Infantry-98

Platoon 814 Command-Junior officer with bolt pistol,Cameleoline,Light Infantry,
Iron Discipline,four guardsmen with flamers-90

Platoon 814 squad 1-meltagun,lascannon team,Cameleoline,Light Infantry-115

Platoon 814 squad 2-plasmagun,heavy bolter team,Cameleoline,Light Infantry-100

Platoon 814 squad 3-grenade launcher,heavy bolter team,Cameleoline,Light Infantry-98

Total=1500

Models=107

I think it looks pretty different from a standard IG list. The main strategy is to hopefully infiltrate into good cover and rapidfire the enemy to death. The veteran squad will get up close and personal with the enemy's armor and the Stormtroopers will be used as an objective holding unit.What do ya think? Very Happy

Last edited by Warlord Solskritt on Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

1500pts Light Infantry Empty Re: 1500pts Light Infantry

Post by Valhalla114 Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:04 am

That HSO is going to get butchered. He's an IC in a squad. Don't give him all that bling so he gets killed. The commissar is a better way to sneak some goods into the battle since hes not an IC. Bionics and Carapace on the HSO are a waste of points. Bionics is a 16% invulnerable, thats shitty at best. Carapace is negated but most weapons. There's a high amount of AP 4 and better going around these days.

What scares me is the lack of lascannons. Or better put their distribution. I guess your assuming your vets will live to destroy more than one tank? I don't think so. I don't think they'll get close enough to use the melta special rule. Deep strike those bad boys and take the melta to the land raider. Fine they MIGHT actually blow something up if your idiot opponent does shoot them to hell. "Hey look at the slow moving meltas" zap zap zing....5+ armor is nothing boyo!

Your lascannon squad is going to get shot up as they're the only other AT in your army, missiles are mixed use and not as strong. Remember its 1,2,3 nothing, 4 glance and 5 and 6 pen on armor 12. Missiles aren't that strong. I say separate those lascannons into squads and they'll live longer.

If you plan on walking/running those dudes to the fight wheres the plasma rapid firing guns? Grenades are good but what if your facing some 3+/2+ armor? Gotta up it a notch not in all squads buts some yeah.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:48 am

Thanks for the advice! I changed it up a bit. Very Happy
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:37 pm

I would generally agree with alfred, but I commented first on the dragon site so read those comments from me JC.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Alfred,
What is to stop you from taking a HJO with the medal that makes him a HSO (Macharian Cross?) then all basic troops without all the fancy-schmancy doctrines. obviously heavy and assault weaps would be necessary, just a *monster* of a gunline.
You would be able to take more troops, granted flashlight-wielding troops, but more nonetheless.

orks have taught me that if you put enough rounds downrange you're *bound* to hit and eventually kill something, it's just a matter of overlapping fire lanes and concentration of fire.

am i way off on this guys?
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm

1 lassguan sucks, 2 , 4, 6..but 40 lassguns ? can take out a Bloodthirster. Mass fire FTW !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:56 pm

Yeah, while tanks and everything are a very potent force and heavy weapons are a big help in the IG world, the lasgun is truly (IMO) the most potent weapon, mainly due to it's overwhelming numbers.

I mean when your directing several squads into a unit your looking at 40+ shots (thats just 2 squads) and when your fielding upwards of 6 or more squads it gets pretty nasty real quick.

Oh, and giving an HQ Junior Officer the medal would be just about the same number of points. I like reserving that medal for characters like commissars, pyskers, and hardened veterans. Nasty surprise when the attached advisor suddenly gets 5 attacks with a powerfist or force weapon!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:56 pm

psyker + that hso medal + force weapon = nasty if he can be delivered to the battle.

lasguns do win the day, but what jc proposed with this army is basically a forward moving gun line by the use of infiltrating troops. The heavy weapons become null if he moves and then what? His distribution of the heavy weapons is key and i think its lacking for this tactic.

ps. JC the lascannon / plasma squad is famous for its AP2-ness. Might want to swap the plasmas and meltas. try it one game in each way just for kicks.

and to acknowledge sir scurrdi (mr dan) you dont need tanks to win. just balls of steel...and snakes eyes help too for morale.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Oh, snake do most definately help when it comes to winning with infantry guard.

However, to acknowledge my fellow guardsmen, tanks do look quite fearsome and when used right can kick some ass.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down