The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cadian 13th 1500pts

3 posters

Go down

Cadian 13th 1500pts Empty Cadian 13th 1500pts

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:37 pm

Hey everyone, I made this list following Alfred's advice, what do ya think of it?

Doctrines:

Rough Riders
Sharpshooters
Veterans
Independent Commissars
Conscript Platoons

HQ

Heroic Senior Officer with powersword,medic,standard bearer,heavy bolter team-106

Fire Support Squad with heavy bolters-80

Anti-tank Support Squad with missile launchers,Sharpshooters-105

Anti-tank Support Squad with lascannons,Sharpshooters-120

Elite

Hardened Veteran Squad with 5 veterans,veteran sergeant,3 meltaguns-83

Hardened Veteran Squad with 5 veterans,veteran sergeant,3 meltaguns-83

Indepedent Commissar with powerfist-70

Troops

Junior Officer with medic,grenade launcher,heavy bolter team-69

Infantry Squad with missile launcher,grenade launcher-83

Full Conscript Platoon with five flamers-245

Fast Attack

Rough Rider Squadron with 8 rough riders,hunting lances,veteran sergeant with honorifica imperialis and powersword-124( This unit's gonna be a nasty surprise for the enemy!)

Total=1500

Models=167

Last edited by Warlord Solskritt on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Cadian 13th 1500pts Empty Re: Cadian 13th 1500pts

Post by Valhalla114 Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:27 pm

JC:

1. Veteran Squads

I dont think that the veteran squads are equipped well. They have three 12" meltas and a 48" melta. Do you want them to get close to use the meltas or stay far and use the lascannons? Giving the squad a 25 pt lascannon just makes the enemy want to go after it faster. Make it a cheap but useful squad. If you lose it so be it, I dont think any guard unit should be more than 100 pts.

2. Indpendent commissars:

What is his purpose in life? Why equip him with a bolt pistol? And why is a morale unit helping a 10 man veteran squad? Put him in the conscript squad . So he can be of use to someone.

3. I think you need more infantry squads. Need more scoring units.

Thats all for now.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:56 pm

Valhalla114 wrote:JC:

1. Veteran Squads

I dont think that the veteran squads are equipped well. They have three 12" meltas and a 48" melta. Do you want them to get close to use the meltas or stay far and use the lascannons? Giving the squad a 25 pt lascannon just makes the enemy want to go after it faster. Make it a cheap but useful squad. If you lose it so be it, I dont think any guard unit should be more than 100 pts.

You have a point, I'll use the points elsewhere

2. Indpendent commissars:

What is his purpose in life? Why equip him with a bolt pistol? And why is a morale unit helping a 10 man veteran squad? Put him in the conscript squad . So he can be of use to someone.

He isn't with the veterans,He's an elite choice because of the doctrine.He has a bolt pistol because I didn't have the points for a powerfist and I was at 1499pts.With the points saved by dropping the lascannons on the vets I'll give him a powerfist.

3. I think you need more infantry squads. Need more scoring units.

I was actually thinking the same thing.Perhaps I'll drop the Leman Russ for more infantry or maybe even the chimera as well to make it an all infantry force

Thats all for now.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:21 pm

I agree with Alfred about the veteran squads, but I'll critique the list you've got there now.

Not enough models, in my opinion. While you seem to love them conscripts, even with the commisar there, I feel like they are a point sink. Then again, thats just me cause I don't like all that BS 2 and WS 2 junk. I personally like having more regular guardsmen and thus spread out the models and scoring units (including what my enemy can shoot at).

Another thing this list really, really lacks is any kind of CC unit. While you can make a rather disgusting CC guard army, your obviously not going for that. With that in mind, I think you need to take something that will at least hold off the tide of CC that will undoubtly come to you in some way shape or form. I personally like using my officers for this role, since the power weapons they can carry give me the added kick to it. Plus the whole unit can take laspistol/CC weapon, giving just the unit (with a veteran medic) a total of 17 attacks on the charge (for 4 guys!). Even adding some rough riders if you've got the doctrine points left over will give you something to work with. Again, your not looking for a CC monster that is gonna win you the game, but something that is gonna put a little bit of hurt, and buy your ranged units more time to blast away everything else.

Otherwise I like the list. I think however that with only 2 vehicles your hard pressed for them to be anti-tank magnets (which of course they are). Everyone brings some anti-tank, and the more vehicles you have the longer they will last. With just 1 or 2 vehicles on the board it's hard not to just watch them get blown to nothingness. Add another or drop them both is my advice on that front.

Again, otherwise I like it. Go Guard!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:20 pm

scurrdi wrote:I agree with Alfred about the veteran squads, but I'll critique the list you've got there now.

Not enough models, in my opinion. While you seem to love them conscripts, even with the commisar there, I feel like they are a point sink. Then again, thats just me cause I don't like all that BS 2 and WS 2 junk. I personally like having more regular guardsmen and thus spread out the models and scoring units (including what my enemy can shoot at).

I've added more regular guardsmen to give me more numbers

Another thing this list really, really lacks is any kind of CC unit. While you can make a rather disgusting CC guard army, your obviously not going for that. With that in mind, I think you need to take something that will at least hold off the tide of CC that will undoubtly come to you in some way shape or form. I personally like using my officers for this role, since the power weapons they can carry give me the added kick to it. Plus the whole unit can take laspistol/CC weapon, giving just the unit (with a veteran medic) a total of 17 attacks on the charge (for 4 guys!). Even adding some rough riders if you've got the doctrine points left over will give you something to work with. Again, your not looking for a CC monster that is gonna win you the game, but something that is gonna put a little bit of hurt, and buy your ranged units more time to blast away everything else.

Thanks for the advice,I added a rough rider unit which I hope will be a nasty shock for my opponent

Otherwise I like the list. I think however that with only 2 vehicles your hard pressed for them to be anti-tank magnets (which of course they are). Everyone brings some anti-tank, and the more vehicles you have the longer they will last. With just 1 or 2 vehicles on the board it's hard not to just watch them get blown to nothingness. Add another or drop them both is my advice on that front.

I've noticed this fact before.Everytime I play the few vehicles I have tend to be destroyed by turn 2 or 3 at the latest.I've decided to drop them and just go all out infantry

Again, otherwise I like it. Go Guard!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:30 pm

I like it more already! Just a couple of questions / comments.

1. With only 2 Officers floating around it's gonna be hard for you to get that leadership spread out among the whole army. Just a thought I figure I would mention. You could split up the 5 squads into 2 platoons and switch out one of the guardsmen squads for the JO. Then again, it's up to you cause you are losing 5 guys that way. Matter of personal preference is all.

2. Why meltaguns with the veterans? In only 6 man squads those guys are not gonna be hard pressed to actually get close enough to enemy vehicles to benefit from the 6'' rule. Even if you infiltrate them, which a smart CC enemy will use them as the speed boost to get to your lines faster. Personally I almost always run them with plasma guns. They hit on 3s which makes them nasty and against heavily armored troops the rapid fire option is always a bonus. Even if you don't get the rapid-fire going, you've got a 24'' range standstll which can still be effective since your BS 4. Again, personal preference but from my experiences it'll be hard to get those 6 guys close enough to use meltas effectively. Plus if they are ever close enough, you probably can run them behind or to the rear and use the Str 7 plasma to knock it out.

Otherwise I like it. Make sure to hide those rough riders till you need them. With a 19'' minimum charge range (6'' move regular, 1'' minimum for fleet, 12'' charge for beasts) you can cover a hell of alot of distance if they are in the middle and out of line of site to start with.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down