The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP George Carlin

5 posters

Go down

RIP George Carlin Empty RIP George Carlin

Post by dork_jedi Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:49 am

George Carlin died yesterday. The guy is still the funniest comedian I've even seen. Comedians all owe a lot to this man as well as any other person who challenges the status quo with what they say. Not only a very funny man, but a defender of the first amendment.

For someone who lambasted the Catholic church along with all other organized religion I wish I could see his act up there. Now THAT would be funny.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

RIP George Carlin Empty Re: RIP George Carlin

Post by Forcefed24 Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:38 am

dork_jedi wrote:George Carlin died yesterday. The guy is still the funniest comedian I've even seen. Comedians all owe a lot to this man as well as any other person who challenges the status quo with what they say. Not only a very funny man, but a defender of the first amendment.

For someone who lambasted the Catholic church along with all other organized religion I wish I could see his act up there. Now THAT would be funny.

He was a legend in comedy. He'd make you laugh so hard you'd pee yourself. His wit was boundless and as you said Ray, his middle finger at the status quo as well as censorship made him someone I'll always remember. I felt the same way when Richard Pryor died...A little more light has died away from the world....Sucks man
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:56 am

Sucks I never saw his show in RL. He was a great man. Crying or Very sad
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 pm

My Folks and I used to watch his HBO specials when I was a teenager and we would fall out of our chairs laughing at his jokes. Then me and my brother would repeat them over and over again to each other around strangers and nobody would know what the fuck we were talking about.

I saw him live once at SUNY Albany in NY. He was one of the best.

On that note. Here's my top 10 list of best comedians overall, including stand up, sketch, literature, and movies. Too hard to rank them, so this is in no particular order.

George Carlin
Robin Williams
Chris Rock
Bill Murry
Richard Pryor
Chevy Chase
Dave Chappelle
Steve Martin
Bill Cosby
Jim Carrey

There's so many others, but those are 10 of my favorite
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:29 pm

I loved his..."What if I don't want to have a nice day..." routine...

He was a funny, funny man.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down