The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5th Ed rules reference from White Dwarf - question

+5
The Eldar Guy
ImAShakiraholic
Forcefed24
Vycem
9 posters

Go down

5th Ed rules reference from White Dwarf - question Empty 5th Ed rules reference from White Dwarf - question

Post by Vycem Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:41 pm

Hello all,

Ok, this one goes out to those of you in the know. I know it's a little early to be asking questions, but I got that rules reference sheet in the new White Dwarf and it has me kind of worried. It has to do with the new vehicle rules. Apparently vehicles that are stationary fire all weapons, but if they move they can only fire ONE weapon and defensive weapons.

Since defensive wepons are now str4 or below, what does that make of sponsors? Do the count as one weapon? I'm thinking for example of the Leman Russ with 3 heavy bolter setup. Does that mean that if it moves, it will only be able to fire ONE heavy bolter? I'm starting to wonder about sponsors in 5th.

I figure those of you with the hookup or who have heard/read reviews may have an idea of how that's going to work.

Thanks,
Endre

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

5th Ed rules reference from White Dwarf - question Empty Re: 5th Ed rules reference from White Dwarf - question

Post by Vycem Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:43 pm

By the way, I was going to put this in "Rules" but decided right now it was more of a "Rumors" question...

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

5th Ed rules reference from White Dwarf - question Empty Re: 5th Ed rules reference from White Dwarf - question

Post by Forcefed24 Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:59 am

The way it sounds, defensive weapons are str4 now as you said, therefore, if it isn't standing still, HB sponsons would not be able to be fired.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Avatar Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:58 pm

I just receive a 5th Edition rule book on pdf. All the fluff has be removed. Once I go through the pdf to make sure it is 5th edition. I will post the PDF.

Long live Rudy....hehehe.
Slave

Male
Number of posts : 3
Armies : Dark Eldar, Eldar, Blood Angels, Daemon Hunter
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:02 pm

Each sponson counts as a separate weapon.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:12 pm

ImAShakiraholic wrote:Each sponson counts as a separate weapon.

Which means what?
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:18 pm

You cant fire them if you move. But I thought they were going to change defensive from str>6 to str >5 not str >4
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Defensive weapons are <strength 4 now.

I've got pics of the book if anyone wants them.

-Chris

Last edited by The Eldar Guy on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:11 pm

ImAShakiraholic wrote:You cant fire them if you move. But I thought they were going to change defensive from str>6 to str >5 not str >4

So basically, Predators are gonna be done up the butt for the purposes of mobility/firepower. If you stand still and fire everything with an enemy within assault range, you are now open to automatic hits due to standing still to fire.

What's the bright side then?
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Leman Russes are gonna be screwed up the butt too. Crying or Very sad
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:44 pm

JC, remember that your Russ is now more accurate firing on the move now...

no more 2D6 scatter, it's now 2D6-BS
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:50 pm

So theres no point in having heavy bolters on your tank. 40000 years into the future and theres no stabilizers for weapon systems.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:17 pm

Rokassan wrote:So theres no point in having heavy bolters on your tank. 40000 years into the future and theres no stabilizers for weapon systems.

Yeah, that seems true Bill....An M2 Bradley can move at fairly high clip and fire it's 30mm Main Gun with a decent amount of accuracy. An M1 Abrams can fire a 120mm smoothbore round with deathly precision at well over 40Mph....in the current times...But the tanks 40,000 years in the furure are less accurate and mobile than what we had in World War 1. Maybe we can use thier advanced "tin cans between 2 strings" communications array to call in an air strike or let the commanders know that our tanks suck balls....

"I'm sorry sir, the driver can't pull the trigger on the heavy Bolter sponsons while the main gunner is firing the Battle Cannon, it's just against the rules"

Maybe we can duct tape some bolters with a string hanging out the cupola for our sponsons...that way we can use them.

I just had a side epiphany.....

40k tank simulator. I bet you my predtor will be firing everything while I am moving.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:29 pm

dork_jedi wrote:JC, remember that your Russ is now more accurate firing on the move now...

no more 2D6 scatter, it's now 2D6-BS

No sir, before it was 2d6 take the highest. Now its 2d6 minus your ballistic score. Which for guard is 3. 2d6 average is 6-8". So the average scatted before ebing 3-4" now becomes for us, the guard, 4-5". Whirlwinds have it a bit better, but I think they screwed us anyways. An ork looted Russ has it even worse but hey theyre Orks.

Forcefed24 wrote:
"I'm sorry sir, the driver can't pull the trigger on the heavy Bolter sponsons while the main gunner is firing the Battle Cannon, it's just against the rules"

Hey Phil, get your shit right you sardonic ass. You could never fire the battlecannon AND the heavy bolters. Ordnance shakes the vehicle under 40k rules so drastically that nothing else could ever fire. Thats what you get fore calling me a sarcastic guy. You're still my fav Phil. That's also what you get for never using your Defiler.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:35 pm

Sadness. That really does put a damper on sponsors for russes, although it does kind of make me want to take another look at pintle-mounted weapon add-ons. And I guess this rule streamlines Demolishers dramatically.

Funny thought, since Chimeras are worded as "*may* have" for hull-mounted weaponry, I wonder if people will start fielding turret-only Chimeras to save on points.

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:36 pm

People do that. but It's bad for weapon destroyed/immobilized/dead, also losing the shits if you stand still.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down