The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of starting new army and need help.

+3
luis the young
rokassan
Abaddon
7 posters

Go down

Thinking of starting new army and need help. Empty Thinking of starting new army and need help.

Post by Abaddon Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:36 pm

The release of the new edition has me inspired to start a new army. I want to start a new army but want one that not everyone is playing. I don't want to be the 10th player playing for example Space marines.

I need your help to decide. I would like an army that most players in our group don't use in tournaments so when I play there is some variety. I plan on going more often to the tournaments so I need something different.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Thinking of starting new army and need help. Empty Re: Thinking of starting new army and need help.

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Nobody plays Demon Hunters with Guard Allies. Ive got a bunch. We could work out a deal for them. Perhaps some minor painting services.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Thinking of starting new army and need help. Empty Re: Thinking of starting new army and need help.

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:48 pm

Or a Demon Army.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:10 am

Demon HUnters are rarely played, so that would be a good choice prob, but if u dotn want space marines, then maybe they are not for you.
Demon army is so new that i dont think anyone has it yet, but will prob gain popularity as people start getting the models.
Witch Hunters are another rare army, you can go with Radicals instead of sisters and field storm troopers, assasins and what not.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:23 pm

Are there many people playing Tyranids, Necrons, or Tau?

I havent been down there lately so I don't know the army composition these days of the people down there.

Max or Stephan can you give me a list of what is being played and by how many people?

Thanks
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:16 pm

Dude everyone plays those armies.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:32 am

Yeah don't play Sisters they are way to difficult to play... You need an elite army! lol!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:37 am

The one's I don't see alot of are mostly what's been mentioned already.

Witchhunters
Demonhunters
Demons - because they're so new
Dark Eldar - because they're so old.

There are certain types of Marine chapters that you don't see that often that I believe still have rules for them...

White Scars
Flesh Tearers
Salamanders.
Iron Hands
Imperial Fists.
Raven Guard.

But .. I don't know if you are allowed to use those old rules for them.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:29 am

I might do Sisters of Battle since I have never seen them played at a compitent level by anyone excluding you Stephan.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:11 am

The space marines are supposed to be getting a new 'dex and we all know how GW feels about their pride and joy. They will be the benchmark 5th edition army if you want to go that route.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:59 pm

After much debate, I think I am going to go with the Grey Knights. I hear they are hard to play with and I feel like a challenge.

Wish me luck.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:17 pm

Abaddon wrote:After much debate, I think I am going to go with the Grey Knights. I hear they are hard to play with and I feel like a challenge.

Wish me luck.

I wish you Play time, we make our own luck Very Happy

should be a cheap army to build, 15 models for 1500 points Smile i dont think i have ever seen anyone play them.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:40 pm

I am going to take Bill's advice and suppliment them with some IG for some fire power. I also plan to use some Stormtroopers for cheap firepower and scoring units.

Of course, the main force will be the Grey Knights Termis and a crap load ( mean more than 10) Grey Knights. SO i figure having 16 models for 1500 pts. lol!

I will be hard at work researching the warp for the next few days to see what others say about the army so I have a beeter idea of what I have gotten myself into.

Death to the False Emperor, oh wait; I am a good guy now. jocolor
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Read the rules for Demon Hosts and get back to me Smile Those things are NASTY.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:53 pm

Yea I read them, they are sick. I am also looking forward to fielding an Assassin. Which one I have not decided yet.

I think I am going to have fun making this army. There are so many combinations.

I do know that the main force will consist of Grey Knights with maybe an Inquisitor and storm troopers. I also plan to support them with some IG. And with the 5E rules I am going to finally take out the Land Raider for a test drive. cheers
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:56 pm

yeah, im actually gonna put together my landraider crusader and use it with my Space wolves ! i hope they bring the point cost of bikes down, maybe i can field the 16 i have !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:58 am

luis the young wrote:yeah, im actually gonna put together my landraider crusader and use it with my Space wolves ! i hope they bring the point cost of bikes down, maybe i can field the 16 i have !

Either that or I'll buy a couple and convert them to Thousand son Bikers.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:21 am

Forcefed24 wrote:
luis the young wrote:yeah, im actually gonna put together my landraider crusader and use it with my Space wolves ! i hope they bring the point cost of bikes down, maybe i can field the 16 i have !

Either that or I'll buy a couple and convert them to Thousand son Bikers.

sounds good to me Smile shoot me a PM when u get a chance
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:04 pm

How come everyone is online? Does no one work anymore these days? No wonder all our jobs are going to some third world country. Wink
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:13 pm

Abaddon wrote:How come everyone is online? Does no one work anymore these days? No wonder all our jobs are going to some third world country. Wink

You are one to talk, my hard earned tax payer dollars are paying for you to spend your time painting miniatures and playign xbox at the station !!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down