The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Yorker cover

+3
Diosamblet
Warlord Solskritt
luis the young
7 posters

Go down

New Yorker cover Empty New Yorker cover

Post by luis the young Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:44 pm

This is some crazy shit. If that wouldve happened in Cuba, the whole staff wouldve been visiting the wonderful cellar cells of El Morro Castle Smile

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25673296/?GT1=43001
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

New Yorker cover Empty Re: New Yorker cover

Post by Warlord Solskritt Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Bah! Some people take things too seriously.It was meant as a joke.It's just like the freakin muslims when someone does a cartoon w/ Muhammed in it,they go all crazy and stuff.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:48 pm

I understand the staff's idea behind the cover, but they're idiots if they expect the average American to catch on.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:38 pm

Regardless of the intent, Obama's gonna be pissed. That's for sure.. and like Matt says, the average IQ 100 american that picks this up is gonna look at it and be like ..." are they saying he's a Muslim? " hmmm.. maybe I should read the article...

Which after all, is what the New Yorker wants, for people to buy their magazine.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:12 pm

He's Black so your not allowed to criticize him. If it were a white candidate no one would give a damn. His wifes a bigot and he spent 20 years listening to a racist preacher...he would still be an improvement over Bush though.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:14 pm

Diosamblet wrote:I understand the staff's idea behind the cover, but they're idiots if they expect the average American to catch on.

More than half of the average Americans voted for Bush twice...what does that say about their intelligence.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:27 am

You are on the money Bill with the exception of the improvement over Bush. I agree Bush has been bad but to think that Obama would be better with is background and wife, I'm not so sure about that.

BTW, this topic is gonna go south fast! Who posted this political post? LOL
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:45 am

cant see why we cant hold a decent conversation about a topic without it going "south" Smile

The NewYorker is crazy about releasing something like this now, they are gonna get crazy heat from it because as some of you guys said, the average american aint to smart and cant see beyond whats printed and not the meaning behind it, i did found the burning flag and the Bin laddin picture a bit to much though, THAT right there is whats prob gonna get them the most heat.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:08 am

luis the young wrote:cant see why we cant hold a decent conversation about a topic without it going "south" Smile

The NewYorker is crazy about releasing something like this now, they are gonna get crazy heat from it because as some of you guys said, the average american aint to smart and cant see beyond whats printed and not the meaning behind it, i did found the burning flag and the Bin laddin picture a bit to much though, THAT right there is whats prob gonna get them the most heat.

When was the last time you saw a New Yorker magazine? The last time you went to the Dentist office? I know that the "liberal" media is gonna pick it up and run with it. We'll see how long it lingers...I haven't really seen any coverage regarding it as of yet on the news stations...We all knew that the NeoCONS were gonna make a run at Obama using the racist card, and the muslim angle...It's all crap.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:31 am

Actually, Phil you're right...

The last time I saw a New Yorker magazine was at my dentist's office.

People have to put this into context. But since they're not aware of the context, they're gonna see what they see.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:30 am

Serious question Phil, do you think that Obama and his wife are not racists? I'm not trying to start a fight just wondering what other people thought. Because I feel that his wife is very racist and he has to be to a certain degree if he attended Rev. Wright's church for the last 20 years.

Just my 2 cents.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:39 am

Hurricane wrote:Serious question Phil, do you think that Obama and his wife are not racists? I'm not trying to start a fight just wondering what other people thought. Because I feel that his wife is very racist and he has to be to a certain degree if he attended Rev. Wright's church for the last 20 years.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think he is any more racist than you or I, or any president since the inception of this coutry has been. I think since he is black we are all looking to exacerbate flaws that he has that are found in each of us. I think we have all associated with people more extreme than ourselves, even who we would call spiritual advisors. We all take what we like and leave the rest. Just because his pastor takes an extreme view doesn't mean that he embraces that same viewpoint. Basically, in my estimation, he can only be guilty by association. No one here is going to tell me that Richard Nixon wasn't a racist, or Lyndon Johnson during the Civil Rights movement that they dragged their feet on. They gave rights to Black Americans not because they thought it was right or cared....but because of public pressure to do so. If Obama and his wife have hang-ups regarding race, but are able to put thier jobs ahead of that thinking, like presidents before them, they will be fine. I think that there has been enough damning evidence regarding the present and recent administrations pointing toward abject neglect, if not racism toward Black Americans to give us hope that someone new might be able to rise above it and do thier goddamn job. This is all any of us would ask him to do.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:15 am

All very valid points but I can't seem to get past the rev. Wright issue. If a white preacher got up and started spewing the hate and racism that Rev. Wright does, well we all know it would be a different story. And yes I believe that we are all probrobly a little racist but to openly attend a church with that kind of venom and hate for white people or any people is wrong. I can't believe that a person that has attended a church like that can honestly not be a racist or embrace those same ideas. I mean if you were going to a place like that and then all of a sudden the pastor starts preaching all that hate and you say.... whoa this is wrong I shouldnt associate with this, thats one thing. But to only seperate yourself from him now that your running for president, I just don't believe that he does not embrace those views to a certain extent. An extent that I believe is wrong. And this would go for a white man running for president. If it came out tomorrow that McCain was a card carrying member of the KKK, I would not vote for him. And that Is how I equate Obama's association with Rev. Wright and that cop killer William Ayers (I think I spelled his name right). I'm sorry. I want to see change too, but I feel that Obama is not the type of change this country needs. It really sucks that every 4 years there is never a stand up person that is running for president that you know deep down inside you that will do a great job of being the president of the united states. Again, just my feelings and I don't mean to start a fight.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Bah! We all know that the Muslim extremist,Rat-supremecist Confederats are gonna tunnel out of their burrows and rule us all with an iron paw.Seriously though,Both Obama and McCain seem too liberal in their policies and I agree with Hurricane that none of the candidates give you that feeling deep down where you know they're gonna be a good president.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down