The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn of War Expansion is out

5 posters

Go down

Dawn of War Expansion is out Empty Dawn of War Expansion is out

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:33 am

The Dawn of War expansion out. I saw it at Best Buy. $39.99. Let us know what you think about the game.
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Dawn of War Expansion is out Empty Re: Dawn of War Expansion is out

Post by Michaelharmon Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:41 pm

Been playing for two days and the Sisters are a definate joy to play with. No pun intended but I'm having a great time and may even have to get some Sisters of battle models for apocolypse play in advance of what I was intended. That said the graphics look a little rushed on the screen play and there doesn't seem to be any indepth story sequence for any but the main base maps of the game like what we saw in the last expansion (IE. a narrator who explains the signifigance of each map you fight on.) Anyway I definatly suggest getting it as the games stop I went to only had three pre-ordered copies instock so online may be your only option to get this one.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:50 pm

picked this up at Best Buy once Joel alerted me and it is freaking amazing. the aerial units rock and fit with the armies. currently playing sisters on Normal. having a great time. totally hooked and trying to get everyone I know to play it. graphics are kinda old and the intro movie was horrible (best one was for the original game. dunno why they can't fully CGI for the expansions) but the interface is always gorgeous and in character. this game is urging me to upgrade my computer so i can really enjoy it.

if you're into RTS, pick it up.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:59 pm

are the orks still crappy or can they actually compete now ? nothing worst that seeing 100+ boys charging and dying on the spot by 4 units of dark reapers.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:15 pm

luis the young wrote:are the orks still crappy or can they actually compete now ? nothing worst that seeing 100+ boys charging and dying on the spot by 4 units of dark reapers.

I haven't played as them or against them yet in Soulstorm but i remember them being crappy in the past expansions. once i start fighting them (in about 6 turns), i'll let you know if they are a bit more durable.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Im playing Chaos...Ive already taken out the Dark Eldar. I just have to mop up and solidify my hold on the planet. Then Ill move to the next planet.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Rokassan wrote:Im playing Chaos...Ive already taken out the Dark Eldar. I just have to mop up and solidify my hold on the planet. Then Ill move to the next planet.

do you play on Normal or Easy? in Dark Crusade, i started the Tau on Normal and it got too hard so i switched to Easy (gay i know). i am playing the Sisters now and i started on Normal and my first enemy is the crappy IG and THEY KEEP COMING BACK LIKE ETERNAL MINDLESS ANTS!!!11!!!.....

anyway, i am holding my own for now and will soon take the first planet and wipe the IG so i hope i can finish it on Normal.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down