The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated High Elf FAQ...ASF just got more gay!!!

+3
Warlord Solskritt
luis the young
lordfairfax2001
7 posters

Go down

Updated High Elf FAQ...ASF just got more gay!!! Empty Updated High Elf FAQ...ASF just got more gay!!!

Post by lordfairfax2001 Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:39 pm

New HE FAQ:

Q. When two models with the always strikes
first (ASF) rule are in combat, and one is
equipped with a great weapon, does the
model equipped with the great weapon strike
last? For example, if a High Elf model with an
Initiative value of 6 and equipped with a
Great Weapon is fighting against an enemy
model with the ASF rule, an Initiative of 4,
and a hand weapon, who strikes first in the
combat?

A. When two models with the ASF rule are
fighting, they will strike in descending
Initiative order, rolling a dice in case of same
Initiative. All other factors, such as charging,
great weapons, etc., are ignored, because they
have already been bypassed by the ASF rule.

The US site still has the old one; the UK has changed the date to 11-7-08 but the link does not work (at least not yet); and, the Canadians have the new one ready.

New HE FAQ on GW CA Site

So, they've made HE ASF better and have still left the idiocy that is their latest ruling on Dragon Armor untouched! I need to start smokin' what ever they are at GW!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Updated High Elf FAQ...ASF just got more gay!!! Empty Re: Updated High Elf FAQ...ASF just got more gay!!!

Post by luis the young Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:57 pm

someone in GW must have the hots for High elves, and i still cant believe they havent fixed the Dragon armor thing.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Updated High Elf FAQ...ASF just got more gay!!! Empty Re: Updated High Elf FAQ...ASF just got more gay!!!

Post by Warlord Solskritt Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:21 pm

Hasn't the initiative thing always existed? I remember seeing it somewhere.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:04 pm

Yeah... I'm a puny strength 4 elf with a huge ass 2 handed sword, but I'm still gonna strike faster than a Vampire Lord with a Lance, charging into me from horseback...

Welp, no one ever said Fantasy was supposed to be realistic.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:18 pm

Warlord Solskritt wrote:Hasn't the initiative thing always existed? I remember seeing it somewhere.
It has always existed, but the first FAQ took into account the fact that you strike last if you have a GW (or Init 1 for all intents and purposes). So, if two models had ASF, they cancelled each other out and they used their "normal fighting" rules to determine who struck in which order. The new FAQ says that the disadvantage of a GW is already superseeded by ASF, and so you just go with the rules as written (using initiative as the only deciding factor -- ignoring penalties for the weapon you are carrying -- in who goes first).

As Stephan so adroitly pointed out...GAAAAYYYY....and, no, they haven't, and don't seem like they will, fix the stupidity that is the Dragon Armor ruling (and this from a devout High Elf player, who loves his Dragon Princes!!!).
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:31 pm

Man swordmasters are nasty!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:35 pm

I think you love those dragon princes a bit to much...do you love them like a man loves another man, or do you love them like a crackhore loves her penis shaped crack pipe ????? sometimes i wonder about you. .....

and besides it makes PERFECT sence that a Skinny high elf is able to swing a giant cumbersome 2handed sword faster than a wood elf thats encumbered by a loincloth and jumps from tree to tree for a living. MAKES PERFECT SENSE !!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:00 pm

luis the young wrote:I think you love those dragon princes a bit to much...do you love them like a man loves another man, or do you love them like a crackhore loves her penis shaped crack pipe ????? sometimes i wonder about you. .....
Something in between, I think! They are aweful perrrrrty!!! cyclops

luis the young wrote:and besides it makes PERFECT sence that a Skinny high elf is able to swing a giant cumbersome 2handed sword faster than a wood elf thats encumbered by a loincloth and jumps from tree to tree for a living. MAKES PERFECT SENSE !!!
Makes sense to me...the Woodies are too busy communing with the forest and practicing their shooting to perfect their martial prowess!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:41 pm

what is the big deal about Dragon Princes? They are ST3 T3 models. After thier initial charge they are crap. Used them a million times and don't think they are the best cavalry in the game by a long shot.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:59 pm

All heavy Cav except Saurus, Bloodknights, Blackknights, and Rhinox riders are crap after the charge.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:32 pm

Ovich wrote:All heavy Cav except Saurus, Bloodknights, Blackknights, and Rhinox riders are crap after the charge.

Which is why the point of heavy cavalry is to crush or scatter the foe on the initial charge.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:18 pm

Abaddon wrote:what is the big deal about Dragon Princes? They are ST3 T3 models. After thier initial charge they are crap. Used them a million times and don't think they are the best cavalry in the game by a long shot.

dragon armor makes them immune to fire, they can take a banner that lets them ignore difficult terrain, then thre is a banner or something that makes them immune to magic. And is not just Dragon Princes, is dragon armor in general, a guy wearing dragon armor and riding a dragon makes the dragon also immune to fire ... I play tomb kings, and pretty much the only thing i hav ethat can take out a High elf dragon is the Screaming Skull catapult which has magical FLAMING attacks, which makes the dragon, and the dragon prices laugh as tons of skulls bounce of them because they are immune to fire. Neutral
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:36 pm

Stephan you forgot one more sick heavy Cavalry. My favorate Grail Knights. king
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:53 pm

...and Chaos Knights!

I actually agree with the faq... if swordmasters are skilled enough to wield a two-handed sword at ASF speed, it makes sense to me to consider they have overcome any drawback from a great weapon. It might be a bit over the top from a rules perspective, but it kinda fits their background.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Diosamblet wrote:...and Chaos Knights!

I actually agree with the faq... if swordmasters are skilled enough to wield a two-handed sword at ASF speed, it makes sense to me to consider they have overcome any drawback from a great weapon. It might be a bit over the top from a rules perspective, but it kinda fits their background.
I like it...now all they need is magical attacks and killing blow and they'll finally be worth their points! lol!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:22 am

Of course, how could I leave out Chaos Knights and Grail Knights.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:14 am

And gryphon legion!

Actually I understand the rule for swordmasters, but for other units like White Lions I don't agree with it. Swordmasters are special, White Lions (while awesome) are not.

But just my two cents, I really like calvary.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down