The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First 5th game

3 posters

Go down

First 5th game Empty First 5th game

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 am

So i played my first 5th edtion game yesterda, my Orks vs Rollos' Tau, and some changes will have to be made to my Mecha Ork. Apparently Vechicles do NOT block line of sight anymore, so i cant use my wartracks to block my truks since the truck is bigger than the wartracks, i will only get the 4+ cover save for my Truk.
Also not being able to massacre/consolidate into another hand to hand after you are done wiping a squad can be painful if left exposed.
Oh yeah, i actually used my 2 Dread 9 killa kan and 2 big mek list vs Eldar at 1000 points ! Kustom forcefield became disgusting again, lol, one mek can efectively cover 4 walkers and they all get a 4+ cover save ! lol
That TRUE line of sight thing can be a bit of a prob and i see games that will be delayed because of it since people will get down and spend time disputing wether you can actually see somehing or not.
The rammin rule is great, i got rammed twice by eldar vehicles and the ability of a walker to do a death or glory attack on the vehicle was cool Smile
I wish september was here allready so i can buy the box set and get the damn rulebook !!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

First 5th game Empty Re: First 5th game

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:56 pm

Vehicles do block LOS, Kustom force field only gives a 5+? also it's ONLY affecting models completely WITHIN. No consolidate means you better not kill the turn you charge Razz
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:07 pm

ImAShakiraholic wrote:Vehicles do block LOS, Kustom force field only gives a 5+? also it's ONLY affecting models completely WITHIN. No consolidate means you better not kill the turn you charge Razz

Doesnt vehicle has to be BIG enough to block actual line of sight to a vehicle behind it, or by having a vehicle in front of another vehicle it blocks line of sight anyways ? the reason i ask is because i made wall of wartracks and had my trucks behind them, not the trucks with the guys in it stand higher than the wartracks, how exactly does it works then ???

and the kans were completly within the bubble, and it makes vehicles HULL DOWN, which is a 4+ cover save FOR VEHICLES, for infantry is a 5+ cover save.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:17 pm

OOHH nice! ooh yeah you gotta beef up your trucks to block LOS just make them out of rhino's! I love land raider and thet sexxy box shape!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:36 pm

something tells me that the new ork truks became very unpopular and there is gonna be a huge demand for the old flat ones.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:42 pm

no because they need to be high enough to block LOS from shit like Wraithlords and crap.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:56 pm

ImAShakiraholic wrote:no because they need to be high enough to block LOS from shit like Wraithlords and crap.

well, the thing is that i use the Wartrack to block line of sight to the truks, the current wartrak model is actually taller than the old ork truk... SOOOOOO, the wartrak will eb able to block line of sight on thr little flat bed truk Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:04 pm

TRUE LOS dummy..... if i can see through it to the other vehicle than I can shoot it.....
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:09 pm

well, fuck, how bout this one, i always put a guy on top of the truk, this way there is no confusion about who is where, with the TRUE LINE OF SIGHT rule, if my truk is behind a hill, but the guy i placed there ( for the benefit of my oponent so there wont be any confusion ) is higher than the hill, can my oponent say he has line of sight on the model and shoot it ?????
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:15 pm

No that's just gay.... don't make the true LOS thing stupider than it already is....
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:31 pm

ImAShakiraholic wrote:No that's just gay.... don't make the true LOS thing stupider than it already is....

never said i liked the stupid thing lol, but i just dont wanna be fucked in a tournament because of shit like that.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:33 pm

WTF are you guys arguing about???!!! Anyways, I can't wait to try out 5th on Saturday.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:18 pm

your a noob JC!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:29 pm

ImAShakiraholic wrote:your a noob JC!

Yes, I'm king of da NOOOOOOOOOOOBS!!!!RAWR!!!!!!!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down