The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Land Raider Craziness

+3
luis the young
ImAShakiraholic
Michaelharmon
7 posters

Go down

Land Raider Craziness Empty Land Raider Craziness

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:01 pm

Okay... as I build my third and hopefully final land raider (This one is modular for the weapons so i can just add new sponsoons over buying a whole new one.... Three is so enough or is it? Promethius pattern....) I need a few things as I want to go a little overboard on this one.

I was looking at the land raider interior poster and was trying to figure out where the damn driver sits. Well there is a Command interface chair.... Needless to say I think I need a chair of some sort. possibly from a Lanb Speeder kit if anyone has a broken down land speeder i can strip and scavange or just a seat set up that looks space marinish. I also need a few small ammo cans or I cna just plasticard them as I intend to make the gunnrs cupola stand under the actual piece so when I remove it you can see the swivel point where the removable hunter killer missle launcher is stored, extra ammo for the storm bolter and such.

I was also looking at Magnus the Ultra Marine's land raider and liked the eage heads on the center of the smoke launchers from the command squad backback if anyone has one of those...

Want:
1x Command squad eagle head power pack (Space Marine)
1x Land Speeder seat
2x high elf forked banners (want to have some trailing banners from the back like on my space marine bike)

OKay... I feel like I'm forgetting something but if anyone has anything let me know. And as always I'm still looking for an iron halo and a Mark 1 Land Raider (Rogue Trader Era)
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Land Raider Craziness Empty Re: Land Raider Craziness

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:16 pm

I have three land raiders and someday I hope to field six!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:34 pm

ImAShakiraholic wrote:I have three land raiders and someday I hope to field six!

when they make them 100 points a piece you will Smile I think 2 is the max you could get in an 1850 army and still have the army balanced to actually win.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:48 pm

lol no. I'm going to take 6 in 1850 and put some crappy storm troopers in there. BLAM scoring units!!!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:11 pm

ImAShakiraholic wrote:lol no. I'm going to take 6 in 1850 and put some crappy storm troopers in there. BLAM scoring units!!!

oh yeah ??? well, im gonna spend 720 points and bring 6 units of 30 grots , 180 models ! all scoring units !!!! then im gonna bring the good stuff Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:12 pm

Im working on my Emperors Children Landraider and Predator and another Demolisher for my Deathguard.
I also have Kharn and Ahriman painted.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:23 pm

Ah Wraithguard and Bright Lances.<3
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:55 pm

Just finished assembling my firing platform for the tank commander....out of black primer though so may not be asembled as I finish painting the interior and prep the other pieces for assembly. Looking the model over there just may be no real room to make a driver seat but I may still give it a shot if I can get the pieces... overall looking good but the dropped emblacement is really going to hide the engine detail I think and may not be worth it... I'll have to see as it goes along. I'll post pics when she is done.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:19 pm

I think that's why the land raider is driven by a MACHINE SPIRIT, not real marines!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:50 pm

my prometeus kit is in the mail, as well as my crusader kit for my regular land raider vanilla ness...and my OOP crap raider is on its way too! go rogue trader retarded land raider!
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:51 pm

RETARDED LAND RAIDERS !!!! WOOO HOOO!!

I've never seen one of those LR's painted nicely EVER.... lol
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Damn.... I want a OOP Land Raider but I refuse to pay near new land raider prices for one. Also the only thing I want from the Promethius really is the heavy bolter sponsoons for a Apoc datasheet build for a black templar specific land raider upgrade.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:29 am

Land Raider Craziness P8120052
Land Raider Craziness P8120055

I was wowed by the awesomeness of the older GW Stuff. Very sexy shit.

Rogue trader marines are about a head shorter than current marines but their land raiders are fucking hella taller. Kind of how it goes now, people get taller and cars get smaller.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:23 am

I'm so jealous.... want Rogue Trader Land Raider.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Land Raider Craziness Empty Hunter Killer Missle mount

Post by Michaelharmon Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:01 pm

Any chance anyone has that mount bit for the hunter killer missle? I used mine for my storm bolter on my new terminus pattern since I didn't want any of the guys exposed. Giving it more of a sealed standf off weapon of war since it only has a crew of two and if one goes down who is gonna fire all those las cannons. anywya I know this bit doesn't tend to get left over so if anyone has one please let me know so I can make my magnatized hunter killer missle base.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:02 pm

i think i have one from the 2 landraiders im building.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:11 pm

Kick ass! If you can I'm going to be gone for a few weeks. Week long exercise and then leaving for two weeks up to the pan handle and kentucky for some R&R. Can you hold it over and I'll PM you when I get back to pick it up? Just let me know what you want in trade for it.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:17 pm

lol, my 2 landraiders will prob still be unbuilt by the time you get back Smile just let me know whenevr u get back and we can meet at one of the stores
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:44 pm

hey hey, you know there are no transactions at the store or in the parking lot.... unless you pay the transaction fee! Very Happy
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down