The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Rifles successfully defend against German SS

3 posters

Go down

American Rifles successfully defend against German SS Empty American Rifles successfully defend against German SS

Post by scurrdi Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:29 am

Yesterday in southern France a German SS Panzergrendier company along with Barkmann attempted sieze critical objectives held by the 3rd American Infantry Division, 7th Infantry Regiment, "C" Company with heavy artillery support. The Americans had been informed to pull out of the region to regoup and allow for a counter-attack later on but were caught during their withdrawl by the Germans.

The battle took place in southern France around 20 or so miles west of Aix en Provence. The Americans had dug in at the edge of a forest next to a small farming community from which the Germans began their assault.

Things at first looked grim for the Americans as their artillery was having technical malfunctions in spotting the oncoming Germans lines. The Germans had focused their units in the center and right flank of the board, leaving the American Recon platoon to attempt a flanking position to deal with the German artillery which was causing serious damage to the dug in American infantry. Unforatunetly the Recon was stalled early on due to well placed German anti-tank guns.

Meanwhile on the main front, the Germans were slowed down by the weathering hail of artillery. Almost an entire Artillery Battalion was present from earlier bombardments and the American commander took full advantage of this. A Sherman platoon was also available had attempted to ambush the rival Panzer platoon which was accompanying the main infantry force but was unsuccessful and quickly dispatched by the German anti-tank weapons.

Things were looking pretty even as the Americans began to withdraw their first platoons, though the Germans were poised to assault on their main objective. Fortunately for the 2nd infantry platoon their bazooka teams were up to challenge and quickly dispatched both the remaining Panzers as well as the main enemy infantry platoon! While the middle section of the board looked promising, the right flank came to a stalemate as the 3rd infantry platoon bravely assaulted the Germans and drove them off, only to gunned down to the man by heavy machine and anti-aircraft fire.

As the battle progressed the Germans realized that they would be unable to sieze their objectives so instead tried to force the Americans to rout. The second infantry platoon, who had stood against the majority of the German assault, unfortunately had a miscommunication error in their withdrawl plan and were scattered, giving the Germans a blink of hope. With few remaining objectives or infantry platoons left to defend the artillery, the remains of the battered Germans moved in to try and force a rout. At the very end the nerve of the Infantry Commander was tested as he had just lost his cannon support platoon to Barkmann and his panther, but he stayed the course and was able to faciliate a proper and organized withdrawl.

American Victory! 4-3

It was a 1750 Late War game which really came down to the wire. Particular moments were when the SS infantry team which I had whittled down to 4 stands charged into my battered rifle platoon and all missed their skill tests in assault, along with me taking a major tactical error by attempting to withdraw my main infantry platoon and failing their skill test, which resulted in them being destroyed for game purposes.

It was my first win with my Americans and it was a great game. Sometimes me and my buddy get too caught up in rules stuff cause we both aren't great with them yet but it was still a fun game with the dice really swinging the battle all over the place.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

American Rifles successfully defend against German SS Empty Re: American Rifles successfully defend against German SS

Post by Hurricane Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:24 pm

Nice report
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

American Rifles successfully defend against German SS Empty Re: American Rifles successfully defend against German SS

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Sounds like an awesome battle! I'd like to play late war eventually.Fearless Veteran Indians!!!Muahahaha!!!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:40 pm

Thanks guys, and you and your Indians... Are you gonna start bringing a turban when you play with them now?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:52 pm

scurrdi wrote:Thanks guys, and you and your Indians... Are you gonna start bringing a turban when you play with them now?

Perhaps... Laughing I do plan on making a kwiki mart objective marker though.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down