The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German Falschimajers ambush Russian Armored Battalion

+2
scurrdi
Hurricane
6 posters

Go down

German  Falschimajers ambush Russian Armored Battalion Empty German Falschimajers ambush Russian Armored Battalion

Post by Hurricane Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:38 pm

Today, Stephan came over for a late war game. We played 1750 points and the mission was roadblock. I started the game with an ambushcade which was given by my light guns. I only hit twice and jiggaboo jones, I mean Stephan rolled double 6's. He then started his turn by wiping out my light guns. The first 3 rounds were dominated by Stephan as he wiped out my artillery platoon and I was unable to bring in any reserves. He also pinned down my Pioneer platoon. However, when my Stu G platoon came on the board the tide started to turn. My tiger tank started taking out SU-85's and my Stu G's hammered a company of T-34's. The russians were unable to do any damage to my tiger and he assaulted my FJ platoon which wiped out the some T-34's that he assualted with. In the end is company commander fled the field with his Valentines and he was unable to take a Battalion check. Despite my early losses, Stephan only destroyed 1 Stu G. And it ended up a 4-3 FJ win.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

German  Falschimajers ambush Russian Armored Battalion Empty Re: German Falschimajers ambush Russian Armored Battalion

Post by scurrdi Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:42 pm

Sounds like a close battle. Russians tanks are tough but them Tigers are tougher. I'm surprised the Stu G's lasted as long as they did.

Congrats on the victory though!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

German  Falschimajers ambush Russian Armored Battalion Empty Re: German Falschimajers ambush Russian Armored Battalion

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:55 pm

StuG G's are awesome.They've got good range and a nice gun.Good job on the win! You gotta throw the Bolsheviks back into Russia!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:47 pm

Problem was, Erik deployed his Stugs from reserve perfectly.

A large wood screened them from my AT12 85mils on my T34/85s and Su's, so was forced to engage them with my AT9 T34 1942's and my valentines. I just didn't have enough punch to hurt them.

There were several things in this game that turned a sure win into a loss for me.

I failed a critical number of Motivation tests, (fearless my ass) A the end of the game I failed a platoon check for my Valentines, and then failed a reroll with my Command nearby, causing them all to flee.

I attempted to assault an infantry platoon with 2 separate tank platoons and found out I couldn't (my fault for not knowing the rules)

1 failed a critical bog down test by rolling double 1's !! while trying to assault.

Too much bad luck, combined with Erik's savy gamesmanship was more than the Soviets could handle today.

Congrats Comrade .
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:09 pm

I attempted to assault an infantry platoon with 2 separate tank platoons and found out I couldn't (my fault for not knowing the rules)

Yes, he found out that he cannot assault with two separate platoons simulteanously. Its one platoon at a time.

It was a fun game, especially since it looked so bleak in the beginning.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:47 pm

Take it from em Stephan, give the survivors of the battle a good long vacation in the Siberian Recreation camps with close supervision from Commisar personal trainers and they will not let you down on the next battle.

Is gonna be fun playing on the tournament on the 31 Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:45 pm

I wont be making it to many tournaments the next few months. I just got transferred to Hammocks Station and got stuck on afternoon shift with Thu. and Fridays off. I'm not complaining tho because the drive to N. Miami Beach sucked!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:35 am

Does that mean you have to work both weekend days?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:37 am

Yep, I am free Saturdays until 3pm. Im still going to try and take the day off for the tournament in Sept. or If we run a qualifying tournament of our own.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:43 am

you wont be able to make it for the 8/31 tourney ? THATS GREAT !!...errr.. i mean...bummer man, that sucks !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:34 am

Stephan, I though you played the pasta eaters? Or do you have 2 armies now?
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:51 am

He has 2 now. He got himself a late war Soviet Tank Battalion.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Hurricane wrote:He has 2 now. He got himself a late war Soviet Tank Battalion.

Sweet bounce
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down