The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Late War question

+2
Warlord Solskritt
Vycem
6 posters

Go down

Late War question Empty Late War question

Post by Vycem Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:21 am

Hello,

Just a quick question. What book covers the late war Hungarian forces? Ostfront seems to be mid-war.

Thanks,
Endre Enyedy

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Late War question Empty Re: Late War question

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:49 am

None of the current books cover late war Hungarians although I've heard that the new LW Bagration books they're going to release might have them.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:56 pm

have you searched the FoW site for a PDF>?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:34 pm

The late war Eastern front book will include all of the Germany's Eastern European Allies and Finland.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:06 pm

According to Wikipedia :

Shortly after the fall of Stalingrad in January 1943, the Hungarian Second Army nearly ceased to exist as a functioning military unit.

Secret negotiations with the British and Americans continued. As per the request of the Western Allies, there were no connections made with the Soviets. Aware of Kállay's deceit and fearing that Hungary might conclude a separate peace, Hitler ordered Nazi troops to occupy Hungary in March 1944.

After this, much of Hungary became a battlefield, and civil war ensued.

But certain pro-facist elements of the Hungarian Army served the germans to the end.

I would be surprised if Battlefront released another late war book and didn't include the Hungarians in some shape or form in it.

If you want more history check out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary_during_the_Second_World_War
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:12 pm

The Hungarians were the last Axis partner to go down fighting...I believe they lasted til January or February 1945 fighting in Budapest along side German Army and SS troops to hold the city.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:50 pm

Thanks for all the info guys! I'm really interested in Hungary, but don't want to start a mid-war army when everyone is getting ready to move to late war.

To be honest, I didn't even KNOW there was a Hungarian army until last Saturday. That's kind of cool.

I did try to search for PDFs on the website, but no luck. Hopefully something will be released at some point.

Again, thanks for the help.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:02 am

Be careful when choosing your army... You may like the character of the Hungarians and the fact that they have some units of their own, but you may get bored with the limitations in the army list.

I play Italian Paratroopers, and while I love the flavor, I dislike the lack of versatility available to German, British, Soviet, and American players.

Theirs only so many ways I can tool out my army.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:53 pm

Yeah though you might like the Hungarians on it's own though. If anything you can get your Hungarians and just use German rules for Late-War. Someone at NashCon did this playing as the Finns, he just used the German Paratrooper company list.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down