The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

+10
ShadowMaster
rokassan
DarkAngel_Cesar
Grombart
Abaddon
feen039
Autarch (CM)
luis the young
scurrdi
Plague30
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Empty Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

Post by Plague30 Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:56 am

Anyone playng this? It just came out this week. Official retail release is today, Thursday. My clan and I are playing on an Open RvR server called Dark Crag. Queue times are kinda long to get it but they will get shorter as time goes on. I made a Chaos Zealot. Currently lvl 2 and I'm DYING to get back to Miami so I can play. SO who's in?
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Empty Re: Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

Post by scurrdi Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:14 am

I know alot of the guys at the Dragon are playing. I don't have time for it, otherwise I would (plus I'm a little MMORPG burned out).

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:14 am

You need to switch to Hochland server Smile me and 4 friends are playing there, lvl 9s and 11s, destruction side. Game kicks the arse !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:34 am

is Hochland Open RvR? Open RvR is crazy man. you are flagged for pvp as soon as you log in. WEWT!!!

this game is amazing. what class are you playing. i know Cesar is playing too.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:41 am

I'm playing on Bretonnia, got myself to level 9rr8 give or take.

I've been playing a Chaos Chosen.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:48 am

Hochland is open rvr, playing a Squig Hunter named Valdrog. My friends are playing a Marauder, Magus, Shaman and Black Orc. Game is sooo cool man, yesterday i sniped a Bright Wizard using a Spear Chukka!!!! there is this place that you can actually take controll of the warmachines, like rocklobbas and spear chukkas, the camp is right above an RVR area and there is a Dwarf camp close by, i was messing arround and this bright wizard comes into the sights of the chukka and he stands there looking up, lol, nailed his ass !!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:35 pm

omg that's so awesome. YOU GUYS NEED TO COME TO DARK CRAG. Dark Crag is the highest pop open rvr server. i am happy to hear you are not a wussy carebear player Luis.

i played a squig herder in open beta. was pretty cool but they are soft targets.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by feen039 Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:54 pm

I am still debating whether to get into this game or just keep doing arena at WOW until Wrath of the Lich King comes out. I hear that Thrall will be dying.
Can you guys tell me more/less what are the differences between WAR and WOW gameplay wise.
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 218
Armies : Eldar, High Elves, Salamanders
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:09 pm

dude, in my opinion, given the early stage of WAR, i feel it is MUCH better than WoW. for me, it is all about the end game and pvp. there is no real pvp in WoW except for arenas, BG and world pvp. the best pvp imo is word pvp but world pvp is not as common as i'd like.

with WAR, you don't have to worry about a lot of the annoyances with WoW - such as finding your class' trainer - all trainers in WAR can train all classes. you get skills every level. i still cannot opine on end game or balance but i do know that all classes can kill. the rvr system is badass, as anyone who has played dark age of camelot will tell you. also, i am not a fan end game raiding for gear - that shit is retarded and a that WoW has to offer at higher levels. in WAR, YOU GET TO SEIGE. seiging is fucking awesome. the lvl cap is currently at 40 but it will no doubt increase. also, it is a bit tougher to lvl in WAR than it is in WoW.

i think it is a great game in the end and what i have been waiting for for a while.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:12 pm

WAR is fun, WOW is borning. there u go.
WAR is all about RVR and ground controll, not like wow where all you have to work towards to is better looking gear. In WAR you can actually atack and conquer a faction capital city and capture the king, take him back to YOU capital and keep him there so people can make fun of him.
Imagine this "Ogrimar gets attacked by the alliance, they breach the defenses and go to fight trall, they beat him and take him back to the human capital in a cage, now the horde players cant use the banks or vendors or quests in Ogrimar untill they take it back"
You can actually do that in WAR.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:51 pm

I am not a big fan of WAR. The classes are not as well balanced between the races and even between the classes of the same race. Also, what you forgot to mention is that the the bad guys are out numbering the good guys by at least 4 to 1. Because every nerd and his brother want to play Chaos or some other evil race.

What also you need to know is that the game caps the number of guys that can play the faction at a time, so if you have everyone and their mother playing the bad guys get ready to wait in the que for 30-40 minutes like I did the other night to log in.

The game has a lot of fun aspects but for right now it has too many things wrong to make it worth while. This is going to be another Age of Conan.

In my opinion, stay with WOW and wait for the expansion to come out and you can have fun again. And if you want to join a fun realm look up Magtherodin (Alliance). I am just leveling up my Shadow priest right now to get ready for the next expansion which comes out November 13th. After all 10 million people cant be wrong.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:01 pm

you are crazy dude, yeah soem classes may be stronger than others, but name a single game that hasnt had balance issues when it first when live ??? NONE.
Que times were resolved by the adition of a bunch of new servers, the demand increases so does the ammount of servers, when WOW first came out it had some crazy wait times also untill they added a bunch of new servers. Not all servers have unbalance in numbers, Wow is just like it, the alliance has it very easy and the horde very tough, Alterac valley comes to mind.
This game has a hell of a lot more potential that Age of Conan.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:03 pm

luis the young wrote:you are crazy dude, yeah soem classes may be stronger than others, but name a single game that hasnt had balance issues when it first when live ??? NONE.
Que times were resolved by the adition of a bunch of new servers, the demand increases so does the ammount of servers, when WOW first came out it had some crazy wait times also untill they added a bunch of new servers. Not all servers have unbalance in numbers, Wow is just like it, the alliance has it very easy and the horde very tough, Alterac valley comes to mind.
This game has a hell of a lot more potential that Age of Conan.

I'll agree to one thing wholeheartedly, Age of Conan was a ridiculously unrefined and unfinished product at launch (the wicked graphics were definitely a plus, though).

Anyone remember playing a Guardian and having maybe 3 skills work and maybe 2 feats in the majority of your feat trees?
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:18 pm

AoC was garbage. luis is right. MMOs are so complex that u cannot have full balance and everything working properly upon release. it just doesn't happen. soon enough there will be even sides, but i agree that everyone is going destro which kinda sucks.

WAR is a badass game for those who enjoy pvp. if you are the run of the mill carebear gear whoring WoW player, it might not be for you. go play with Lite Brite Wink
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by feen039 Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:18 pm

when u die do u lose all your stuff like in everquest?
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 218
Armies : Eldar, High Elves, Salamanders
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:52 am

WAR sounds bad ass!! I can't wait for my B-day. I just might ask my GF for an early gift.

Some cool things:
1. It appears leveling isn't as bad as WOW. So I've read.

2. You can change the color of your gear. So you can have a guild with like colored characters..I heard you can even get banners Smile! I guess this is a salute to painting miniatures.

3. You can siege castles and cities.

4. On the down side it looks like the game is really geared for PVP.

5. WOW is really boring, sorry but I quit several months ago and have no intention of ever returning. The grind is just too boring. This game looks like it's more dynamic.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:51 am

in WAR, while you quest, you take part in things called Public Quests. So you're just walking around and all of a sudden you see a message flash across your screen that you have entered Stage II of Public Quest blah blah. So you see you need to kill 50 dwarves. a bunch of dwarves are running around, then you finish the stage then you kill a boss and depending on how much you participate (i.e., damage or healing) you get to roll on the gear that the boss drops, which is decent gear actually. if you don't get anything, you stay and let it reset and then you go again and your roll on the gear will be higher b/c you stayed. essentially, as long as you stay there, you get XP and gear. the XP is not so great. the REALLY COOL THING about these PQs is that in higher levels, both the good guys AND the bad guys are doing the same PQ so while you might hav eto kill 50 dwarves in stage II, they have to kill 50 orcs in their stage II. so guess what happens? YOU FUCKING KILL EACH OTHER.

this game is the shit. i trust Mythic so far b/c of the legend of DAoC but i do know that Mythic has a bad habit of destroying their own games with retarded patches and updates.

oh and when you die, you rez in a graveyard and you have a small penalty which you can heal off and cure by paying a tiny bit of money. no having to hunt for your body and sometimes taking forever to get back in the action.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:17 am

LVL 20 IRONBREAKER ON PHEONIX THRONE COME AND GET IT YOU DISORDER BITCHES!!!

---Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:27 am

DarkAngel_Cesar wrote:LVL 20 IRONBREAKER ON PHEONIX THRONE COME AND GET IT YOU DISORDER BITCHES!!!

---Cesar

pfffft... the only way you could beat me is by roleplaying it Laughing
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:42 am

Lawlz...let me just tell you Stone and Steel which is my guild, we've captured all the keeps in the tier 1 and tier 2 zones already...and killed the keep lords with nothing but lvl 15's and under...we dun need to gawd damn Roleplaying...but in all seriousness we are fucking disorder in the ass...with sandpaper wrapped around our dwarven stuntys...har!

--Cesar

Oh and just to let everyone know they opend 6 servers yesterdays and if you had a character one of the six it got "copied" onto one of the six to alleviate queue times.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:00 am

Bah, is a RolePlaying server, the destruction guys were prob to busy Roleplaying being evil to mount a proper defense Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:04 am

Cesar, if that Poenix server is not Open RvR, your accomplishments are not impressive and i will call you a carebear. If it is Open RvR, then grats and you are playing a bunch of idiot noobs Wink

EDIT: OMG if it is Role playing, that is super gay hahahahhaha
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:30 am

Plague30 wrote:Cesar, if that Poenix server is not Open RvR, your accomplishments are not impressive and i will call you a carebear. If it is Open RvR, then grats and you are playing a bunch of idiot noobs Wink

Its not Open RVR because well their were no Open RVR-RP servers when the CE holders were able to start leveling on the 14th of september, but RP Guilds are known to be the most cut-throat RVR guilds in any MMO, and just because its not open RVR dosent mean its a carebear server, sence most of the RVR happens in the keep zones anyway! So before ya go all ape-shit know your roll sucka and check my resume!

---Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:34 am

DarkAngel_Cesar wrote:
Plague30 wrote:Cesar, if that Poenix server is not Open RvR, your accomplishments are not impressive and i will call you a carebear. If it is Open RvR, then grats and you are playing a bunch of idiot noobs Wink

Its not Open RVR because well their were no Open RVR-RP servers when the CE holders were able to start leveling on the 14th of september, but RP Guilds are known to be the most cut-throat RVR guilds in any MMO, and just because its not open RVR dosent mean its a carebear server, sence most of the RVR happens in the keep zones anyway! So before ya go all ape-shit know your roll sucka and check my resume!

---Cesar

did you really just type that? are you serious? hahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha

HOLY SHIT
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:35 am

Grombart wrote:

Some cool things:
1. It appears leveling isn't as bad as WOW. So I've read.

To contradict myself. Someone just told me that leveling is in fact slower than WOW. Does anyone know if this is the case? I would hate for it to be like COH/COV.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next