The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

+10
ShadowMaster
rokassan
DarkAngel_Cesar
Grombart
Abaddon
feen039
Autarch (CM)
luis the young
scurrdi
Plague30
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning - Page 2 Empty Re: Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

Post by Plague30 Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:37 am

it is slower than WoW, in my opinion but level cap is only lvl 40, not 70 like in WoW. and you get skills at every level and you begin to specialize (3 trees) at lvl 11.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:37 am

Grombart wrote:
Grombart wrote:

Some cool things:
1. It appears leveling isn't as bad as WOW. So I've read.

To contradict myself. Someone just told me that leveling is in fact slower than WOW. Does anyone know if this is the case? I would hate for it to be like COH/COV.

Just think on this Rick....you actually get leveling XP when you do RvR and kill other players. Smile So killing someone gets you experience Smile i have lvld a couple of times while doign pvp.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:38 am

luis the young wrote:
Grombart wrote:
Grombart wrote:

Some cool things:
1. It appears leveling isn't as bad as WOW. So I've read.

To contradict myself. Someone just told me that leveling is in fact slower than WOW. Does anyone know if this is the case? I would hate for it to be like COH/COV.

Just think on this Rick....you actually get leveling XP when you do RvR battles Smile

Yep. I heard that. That's something else to consider. Either way, game sounds like it's fun as shit. bounce
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:38 pm

Plague30 wrote:
DarkAngel_Cesar wrote:
Plague30 wrote:Cesar, if that Poenix server is not Open RvR, your accomplishments are not impressive and i will call you a carebear. If it is Open RvR, then grats and you are playing a bunch of idiot noobs Wink

EDIT: OMG if it is Role playing, that is super gay hahahahhaha

Its not Open RVR because well their were no Open RVR-RP servers when the CE holders were able to start leveling on the 14th of september, but RP Guilds are known to be the most cut-throat RVR guilds in any MMO, and just because its not open RVR dosent mean its a carebear server, sence most of the RVR happens in the keep zones anyway! So before ya go all ape-shit know your roll sucka and check my resume!

---Cesar

did you really just type that? are you serious? hahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha

HOLY SHIT

Yes i did fucking type that and its fucking true, Death and Taxes first guild in THE WORLD to drop Illidan i was the main tank, and we were on an RP-PVP server, we fucking owned that sever like if the horde never even existed and we owned the fucking game it-self, i would have to respec arms from prot everyday just to roll on the hordies and kill Thrall like 6 times in a day, it was fucking ridiconkulous, oh and in DAOC, guild name *The kings men* we just curb-stomped every-one that came looking for trouble and even those that didn't so before you keep laughing with your uber excuse of RP is funny read between the lines, we will roll your face so far up your ass you'll be tasting last years turkey dinner from thanksgiving. If you wan't some come roll on Phoneix Throne or are you afarid us stunys gunna whomp on your ass?

---Cesar

Oh and you also get XP from doing the Scenarios, we won about 6 last night with 10k experiance a win...60k experiance in about an hour isnt bad IMO, hence the reason im lvl 20 already har!

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:46 pm

A pissing match Im not involved in...cool.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:56 pm

rokassan wrote:A pissing match Im not involved in...cool.

Hooray for Bill!!! Oh and this is a pissing match i know im going to win!

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:02 pm

Cesar-

first of all calm down. second of all, those who RP and claim PVE accomplishments in the fucking pvp joke of WoW make me laugh. WoW is not open pvp. neither is WAR. WAR is pretty carebear actually.

for 3-4 years, i played a game called Lineage 2. my clan was a dominant clan in my server and in the other 8 servers too. this is a super hardcore Korean game. in L2, when you died, you LOST XP and gear. that's right, the sword that you farmed for a few months can be lost in pvp if you're stupid. and it was OPEN pvp meaning you could kill ANYONE ANYTIME. only safe zones were towns. oh and the lvl grind was the HARDEST grind i have ever seen. WoW leveling is a fucking joke. same for AoC and WAR. as an example, we would grind high XP giving mobs and get 0.01% AN HOUR. and when you die you lose TEN PERCENT.

that is real hardcore pvp with real-world consequences. if you die, you have just ost hours and days from your life along with valuable gear. i have seen people quit the game after 2 years due to a bad day in pvp where they got owned and lost their bow.

so, although you claim that RP servers pvp hardcore then, as proof, tell me you were the first to kill Illidan, i can only LOL. WoW pvp is a joke. being an awesome raider is nothing really to be proud of in my eyes because you are good at killing monsters b/c you kill the same fucking monsters that do the same shit every night for a few months. grats.

look, pvp is my thing. i get tired of killing monsters. i like killing players. they are dynamic. i like when there are consequences. i never got to play that MMO where if you die, you stay dead. that is badass. consequences and reward make real pvp. that is why WAR is carebear. yes, there are rewards but the consequences are minimal and do not affect your character and your reputation all that much.

Cesar, my clan and i would love to destroy your RP guild in the face but alas we are on different servers. if you like, after our fight, we can sing songs and write poetry or whatever. i'm not making fun of yur RP stuff - if you like to RP, that's cool. what i AM laughing at is your claim that RPers are the best pvpers. that is ridiculous.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:19 pm

I remember the good ole days of Everquest pvp, try gettign killed, loosign a random item/coin, then try to run back to your corpse..NAKED..while there were a bunch of people camping your corpse.

I played Lineage2 after EQ, and the xp grind was horrible, the game looked very nice and i liked the pvp portion of it, but i came at a time when evryone that ws playing was allready high lvl and i got tired of the wide empty spaces.

By far the biggest risk game ive seen is Eve online, is a VERY slow game, but you can save for months or years and train to buy that 200billion credit Dreadnought, and then loose it in a fight to player pirates, AND if you didnt upgrade your clone with one with all your new skill points, you could easely loose months of work on skill training.

There was another game i played, the name scapes me, players could build their own cities with guards and stuff, but if they could loose it if another player guild attacked it and destroyed it
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:31 pm

luis the young wrote:I remember the good ole days of Everquest pvp, try gettign killed, loosign a random item/coin, then try to run back to your corpse..NAKED..while there were a bunch of people camping your corpse.

I played Lineage2 after EQ, and the xp grind was horrible, the game looked very nice and i liked the pvp portion of it, but i came at a time when evryone that ws playing was allready high lvl and i got tired of the wide empty spaces.

By far the biggest risk game ive seen is Eve online, is a VERY slow game, but you can save for months or years and train to buy that 200billion credit Dreadnought, and then loose it in a fight to player pirates, AND if you didnt upgrade your clone with one with all your new skill points, you could easely loose months of work on skill training.

There was another game i played, the name scapes me, players could build their own cities with guards and stuff, but if they could loose it if another player guild attacked it and destroyed it

I never got to play Everquest, and I only ever played Lineage 2 on free servers. There was no conceivable way I'd ever risk so much time/effort and subscription money when folks were as cutthroat as they are. Plus, you know, it still took 3-4 months to level a character when the XP rates are jacked up as high as they are.

EVE online was a blast, although I suppose I'm a fanboy of Sci-Fi MMORPGS (I tolerated Anarchy Online, just as much grinding as Lineage 2, and I PAID).
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:33 pm

I played Lineage II the game was the most ridiculous MMO i have ever played and you can LOL all you want about WoW my pvp accomplishments stand alone with me being 1-100 people to earn a free Figure Print of their characther and win 5,000 dollars from their Arena toruney, I hate raiding as much as the next person but a Win is a Win, WAR and WOW are pretty carebear even in the PVP or Open RVR sence Lineage II is fucked up, i remeber The grind it was too lvl lots of sleepless nights during the summer.

But i will stand firm to the ground that RP Guilds roll hard-core and own PVP face, like i said our server already feels it, in your WAR server who has the most keeps? and from what guild? I can say Stone and Steel has taken about 8 keeps already and the game has been out sence the 14th.

We can sing songs and have a beer but don't come at me talking about PVP i live for it, knowing the person on the other end is like MOTHER FUCKING COCK SUCKING DWARF, and slamming their mouse, puts a smile on my face.

---Cesar

oh and rping is used to the minimum of Har! and Lad heh

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:40 pm

DarkAngel_Cesar wrote:I played Lineage II the game was the most ridiculous MMO i have ever played and you can LOL all you want about WoW my pvp accomplishments stand alone with me being 1-100 people to earn a free Figure Print of their characther and win 5,000 dollars from their Arena toruney, I hate raiding as much as the next person but a Win is a Win, WAR and WOW are pretty carebear even in the PVP or Open RVR sence Lineage II is fucked up, i remeber The grind it was too lvl lots of sleepless nights during the summer.

But i will stand firm to the ground that RP Guilds roll hard-core and own PVP face, like i said our server already feels it, in your WAR server who has the most keeps? and from what guild? I can say Stone and Steel has taken about 8 keeps already and the game has been out sence the 14th.

We can sing songs and have a beer but don't come at me talking about PVP i live for it, knowing the person on the other end is like MOTHER FUCKING COCK SUCKING DWARF, and slamming their mouse, puts a smile on my face.

---Cesar

oh and rping is used to the minimum of Har! and Lad heh

Man, I hope a Dwarf Ironbreaker can beat other people in combat, 13 points for WS 5, S4, T4 LD 9 and full gromril armor should be able to do a decent job of holding the line.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:41 pm

i think the only way to settle this is for me to destroy your face in one of these games. now, since you like to RP, i shall RP as well:

*Plague30 removes his glove and throws it on the ground.*

i fucking hate dorfs.

Smile
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:41 pm

Plague30 wrote:i think the only way to settle this is for me to destroy your face in one of these games. now, since you like to RP, i shall RP as well:

*Plague30 removes his glove and throws it on the ground.*

i fucking hate dorfs.

Smile

I put on my Robe and Wizards hat.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Abaddon wrote:I am not a big fan of WAR. The classes are not as well balanced between the races and even between the classes of the same race. Also, what you forgot to mention is that the the bad guys are out numbering the good guys by at least 4 to 1. Because every nerd and his brother want to play Chaos or some other evil race.

What also you need to know is that the game caps the number of guys that can play the faction at a time, so if you have everyone and their mother playing the bad guys get ready to wait in the que for 30-40 minutes like I did the other night to log in.

The game has a lot of fun aspects but for right now it has too many things wrong to make it worth while. This is going to be another Age of Conan.

In my opinion, stay with WOW and wait for the expansion to come out and you can have fun again. And if you want to join a fun realm look up Magtherodin (Alliance). I am just leveling up my Shadow priest right now to get ready for the next expansion which comes out November 13th. After all 10 million people cant be wrong.

I'm way behind on this thread, but I'm gonna start there because this is just way off base.
Re: Balance - ALL classes are mirrored between order and destruction. Sure, Bright Wizards use fire and Sorcerers use Cold, but they are basicly the same. That is about as balanced as you can get. How you find that unbalanced is beyond me. You just don't know what your talking about.

Re: Queues - I've not waited in one queue yet. Your on the wrong server.

Re: AoC - Conan was a HUGE failure basicly because it COPIES THE WOW END GAME of endless raids to get gear. Once people realized the end game was raid over PvP, they all bailed and waited for WAR.

WoW is for kids and gold selling Koreans. It is a simple shell of a game with cartoon graphics that had great marketing and brought many people into the MMO world. Most of them don't know what a POS WoW is because they never played the superior titles that laid the groundwork for the genre (UO, EQ, AC, and DAoC).
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:51 pm

oh and i have no idea who holds what keeps on our server. many of our guys are slowly transitioning out of WoW and i made my toon and then left to Orlando for a 3-day training seminar for my job. i rolled a Chaos Zealot and am only lvl 2 Sad
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Yvonne and I rolled Destruction on Brettonia

Dragonfangs - Chaos Zealot
Dragonmoon - Dark Elf Sorc

There is plenty of RvR in this game that I don't really consider any server "Carebear". I've played enough open PvP games to knwo I want to avoid that gankfest. It works in the beginning, but when you getting ganked by geared out 40s while trying to level to rank 22...... well, it's just not for me.

Open PvP worked well in UO, and to an extent in L2 and ShadowBane. The reason is the fear of consequences and item loss on death keeps people in line vs. having everyone suddenly act like a killer psycopath because there are no consequences to those actions. Again, just one player's opinion.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:54 pm

DarkAngel_Cesar wrote:LVL 20 IRONBREAKER ON PHEONIX THRONE COME AND GET IT YOU DISORDER BITCHES!!!

---Cesar

YOU ADDICT!
Impressive accomplishments for you and your guild already. Good thing my Order toons are on Phoenix Twisted Evil
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:21 pm

Aye! Har har ya Robert and I have been hitting it hard-core im shooting for lvl 40 by the end of next week, sence im on vacation going to be an intresting 23rd birthday filled with liqour and boobies!

Oh btw were both Offensive Ironbreakers and we were level 19 taking on about 6-7 mobs at any given single time...aggro pull, etched rune axe...challange...har its fucking awsome

*Accepts grombats challange and slaps him with his dwarven stunty* Har Lad! Ye be paying for de first pint!

---Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:40 pm

Meh, I think I'll stick to FFXI.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Hey Big-C whats the rush man ? are you gonna be one of this aholes that maxes lvl in 2 weeks and then say that the game sucks cause there is no content ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:57 pm

Server first!!! LoL Plus you hit max lvl 40 unlock your tree, then you go pvp to hit max renown which is lvl 80! better be lvl 40 with all your skills so you can do whats needed in the Scenarios and then own some face up...but ya no way dude this game is rock solid, cant wait till our guild owns a keep heh.

--cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:05 pm

DarkAngel_Cesar wrote:Server first!!! LoL Plus you hit max lvl 40 unlock your tree, then you go pvp to hit max renown which is lvl 80! better be lvl 40 with all your skills so you can do whats needed in the Scenarios and then own some face up...but ya no way dude this game is rock solid, cant wait till our guild owns a keep heh.

--cesar

Wow...that is some SERIOUS NerdSpeak.....
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:15 pm

your damn right Phil!! 1337 spe@k 4TW!!

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:17 pm

One thing that has me worried about the Open RvR server is this, with pvp happening ANYWHERE, wont this hurt the RvR areas ? the other day, before the game went live, i was in a couple of rvr zones and they were EMPTY, i think i saw 2 bright wizards...killed them both... and an annoying ironbreaker that kept trying to catch me but finally got tired of me kiting him and killing him..got him 3 times...other than that, the places that needed to be taken over were empty.

I hope this improves with the servers being live.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:24 pm

Servers are always scary when a game goes live because you never know if theirs going to be whats called a black hole, which is a server with a super low low pop, and Luis i wouldn't worry about the pvp happening everywhere becuase in order to Kill the king of either Altdorf or the Inveitable City you need to capture and control those points so you can push into ther city and wreck some face.

--Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down