The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunshine 40k Tournament =Oct. 18th=

+9
DarkAngel_Cesar
Autarch (CM)
ImAShakiraholic
Vycem
Ovich
razorramon31
rokassan
feen039
The Eldar Guy
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunshine 40k Tournament =Oct. 18th= Empty Sunshine 40k Tournament =Oct. 18th=

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:17 pm

WHEN : Saturday, October 18th.

TIME : 1130am -
1100 - Player check-in
1130-130 - Round One
130-230 - Lunch and paint scoring
230-430 - Round Two
445-645 - Round Three
645-715 - Awards and clean-up
TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
I assure all players we will be DONE and I mean DONE by 8:00PM

COST : $5

Signed up so far:
1. YOU!

RULES :
> Fifth Edition rules are in effect.
> 1850 points
> ONE Standard Force Organization Chart
> Army drawn from ONE legal Codex, or non-updated 3rd Edition Codex with relevant FAQ; Blood Angels use the WD or online articles;
Only armies from the following Codexes may be taken at the Tournament:
Codex: Space Marines
Codex: Space Wolves
Codex: Black Templars
Codex: Dark Angels
Codex: Blood Angels - White Dwarf Update
Codex: Imperial Guard
Codex: Daemonhunters
Codex: Witch Hunters
Codex: Eldar
Codex: Dark Eldar
Codex: Orks
Codex: Necrons
Codex: Tau Empire
Codex: Tyranids
Codex: Chaos Space Marines
Codex: Chaos Daemons
> No other Chapter Approved or 4th Ed. web-articles, this is PURE Codex play
> Mainly WYISWYG (though pistols/grenades/knives/poisoned weapons are assumed in pouches/bags), any changes must be noted on your army list and pointed out to your opposing player before the start of the round.
> PAINTED armies, at least 3 colors BEYOND base-coating and based/flocked/highlighting/etc (while no one will be turned away, this is a premier event, folks, so please bring your A-game...)
Players will recieve a 0-15 point score accordingly for their painted army.
> You are required to bring 3 copies (4 if you cannot e-mail me) of your army list, dice, a measuring device, templates, your Codex and rulebook.
> Some form of movement tray/bag for display and/or carrying between rounds.
> Send a copy of your army list 48 hours prior to the tournament to: E-Mail: americajpna2015@yahoo.com

This is a GT 'clone' event and will include the following scores:
Painting (once) Scored: 1-15
Army Composition (once) Scored: 1-10
Sportsmanship (each round) Scored: 0-5

I will judge Painting and Army Composition portions of the scoring.

You can sign up at the store, or here on the forum. If you need to contact me for any reason you can post here, PM me, e-mail, or call at 305-283-7103.

A total of 10 Slots will be open.

Thanks max for the template. Laughing

Last edited by The Eldar Guy on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Sunshine 40k Tournament =Oct. 18th= Empty Re: Sunshine 40k Tournament =Oct. 18th=

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:17 pm

Signed up:
1. Ramon (Black Templar)

Last edited by The Eldar Guy on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Sunshine 40k Tournament =Oct. 18th= Empty Re: Sunshine 40k Tournament =Oct. 18th=

Post by feen039 Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:26 pm

change the date to oct. 18
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 218
Armies : Eldar, High Elves, Salamanders
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:02 pm

and 5th edition rules.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:51 pm

I'm in!!! Long live the Emperor!
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 66
Armies : Black Templar
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:11 pm

I figured people would want to get a couple games in before the summoning, and of course if there are <6 they're no tourney.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:45 pm

I can't make this, as my wife informed me we're going to be visiting my mother in law... OH JOY !!
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:32 am

Where and when is the summoning?
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:32 am

And I might as well add..how many points is it etc...is there a website?
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:52 am

Don't bother with the summoning, it's been filled up for months. While there is a website, the only way to sign up is via the Silver Dragon Square forums, and unless you're a regular of that store, you didn't have much of a chance to sign up.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:22 pm

So far how many are showing up for the 18th?
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:04 am

Just you and one other guy that talked to me. Its going to be a no go unless four others suddenly appear. Don't cancel any plans for it.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:48 pm

LOL! What is going on?!?!? Is there something else happening on the 18th?
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:29 am

rofl get rocked!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:10 am

Noone could make it for the fantasy tourney this weekend, and Silver Dragon fantasy tournament barely scraped by. Not a good month.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:27 pm

Maybe now people will understand how much of a pain in the ass it is to get people together for a tournament. Especially for fantasy.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Ovich wrote:Maybe now people will understand how much of a pain in the ass it is to get people together for a tournament. Especially for fantasy.

It's always been difficult, no doubt.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:17 pm

This is like watching a retard try and make his way through a revolving door.

Didn't Stephan already do a post one that we lost 4 players, two do to moving and two due to school in the fantasy scene that leaves, Dale, Stephan, LiL Cesar, Bill...etc etc maybe a solid 6 people that live in the area? Not enough to have a constant tourney scene because you need a minimum of 6 to have a decent tourney...and then Stephan has to deal with his wife...same deal as Luis...etc etc...

So ya..just wanted to be a drunk fuck and say this is like the 20th time I've read a post like this...its entertaining and a bit irritating but it is what it is.

--BIG C.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:53 am

Maybe for the time being we should cut down the tournaments for Fantasy to every 3 months.

As for the 40k tournaments every other month would be fine with at least a month heads up.

I am seeing a trend here in Naples too. People are just scared to go out and spend cash. And lets face it, this is not a cheap game to play. The other probelm is that the current flock of people is that we have have families and it is hard for most of us to convince the wife or in Bill's case his warden to let us out. Wink

Also we need to get some of the people that play on Wednesday but don't go to the tournaments to try and make it on Saturdays or Sundays. I think it would help if it was every other month that way we are not trying to sell our soul just to make it every month.

*disclaimer* yes I know it does not apply to me since as Eric, Bill, and Phil have pointed out my job is not a real job. But it is a pain to come down every month. That 2 hour drive is brutal, especially if the night before I spent it pick up naked old people who couldn't make it to the bathroom. Very Happy
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:57 am

It's very true, the fantasy scene is very limited. Lets look at who we have and their current status:

Stephan: Available, but does have a wife.
Luis: Available, but does have a wife.
Fred: Doesn't play at Joel's and also doesn't play fantasy too often anymore (was out of town this past weekend)
Nate: Working most weekends now and even though requests those days off for tournaments, usually loses them due to bad management.
Sam: Moved.
Chris: Moved (but was also at college).
Matt: At college.
Mike Ronan: At college.
Dan (me): At college.
Erik: Now works weekends and probably saves his days off for FOW if he can.
Bill: Active, but leaves a decent distance away (from what I know)
Bill (Rok): Doesn't really play much Fantasy anymore, also has a wife.
Dale: Hasn't played much recently, but has been out of town.
Dave: Gone over to FOW
JC: Student and plays football.
Tom: I'm assuming he plays more FOW. Also usually doesn't know about events unless someone tells him.
Lil'Cesar: Active
Jerney: Active
Cosmo: Active

There may be one or two other guys at the Dragon that I may have forgotten, but when you look at the list, it's not too bad. Unfortunately, there are alot of reasons why folks aren't around. Sucks, but hopefully it'll pick up again soon. I plan on playing alot of Fantasy when I get back into Miami for good.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:23 am

Bill(The Cop/internet bully): Has a miserable pregnant wife( nauseous every day) and 18 month old son who doesnt sympathize. Bill also works an afternoon shift and doesnt see his wife all week(I could live with this ,but the wife cant). I did run an Apocalypse Tourney that went fairly well and offered to run a 40k tourney in November. So I am trying guys. Maybe Ill just try to come by on a Saturday or Sunday and play I dont feel like cashing in a prayer to the Chaos Gods to run a tourney and nobody shows.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:31 am

Mazel Tov Bill !

I didn't know Renee was pregnant.... That's awesome man !

Of course you know that means you better hire a fucking nanny now. Otherwise I can just see you on Monday mornings trying to stop Nathan from ingesting poison while breast feeding your newborn with a prosthetic nipple ala DeNiro in " Meet the Fockers" .
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:33 am

Im supposed to wait three months before I say anything(thats because shit could go wrong). Hopefully it wont.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Pembroke Pines is not as far as people in Dade make it out to be. I get to the Dragon in 20 minutes - maybe another 5 to hit Joel's on Bird Road.

I'm more limited by family obligations than distance.

I'd hate to need to wait 3 months inbetween tournements and that still wouldn't guarentee that we'd all be free that day anyway.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:24 am

I'm confused. The title syas 40k tournament but damn me if I'm not reading that you guys are talking about fantasy. Please for the love of the emperor...is it 40K or fantasy? LOL! thanks and sorry for the question
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next