The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd

+5
luis the young
Hurricane
Grombart
dork_jedi
scurrdi
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd Empty FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd

Post by scurrdi Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:02 am

Since apparently Joel doesn't plan on budging too much on this and it's also listed on the FOW website, here's what I know about it.

"Tanksgiving" is not a random idea sprung by anyone in Miami, it's going to be a national FOW event that they've posted special rules and everything about and for.

Tanksgiving

Basically it's just a big old megabattle where everyone brings as many points of tanks as you possibly can and duke it out. Your only allowed 1 platoon of infantry for every tank company you field (you can field multiple companies by yourself). The side (Axis or Allies) with the smaller point value is the defender. For every 500 pts. Extra the attacker has, the Allies get to place a platoon in Ambush. Otherwise it works alot like a FFA with but 6 possible objectives per 6' of board-width.

This sounds interesting, but I personally would rather play a regular tournament then this. What do you guys all think about it?

Oh, and sound off if your going to be here, so we can start making a list.

(Updated on 10/29/08)
1. Dan (scurrdi)
2. Luis
3. Stephan
4. Jerry
5. JC

Last edited by scurrdi on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd Empty Re: FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd

Post by dork_jedi Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:50 am

(added to calendar)
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd Empty Re: FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd

Post by Grombart Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:08 am

Can't make it. 1 day before my b-day.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:12 pm

make up your mind, is your birthday Nov or December?/
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:20 pm

I'll be there, finally i can field the full might of my Tank forces with masses of infantry for support !!!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:10 pm

Im there

I hope we get enough people
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:52 pm

Ovich, I believe enough are available and will show up if there is a clear date. I believe there was/is a lot of confusion on dates.

I warned Joel not to change dates.

But I know on the other a lot of people want to play off the agreed date.
Hence the confusion.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Updated!

So is everyone still game for doing the event this way? I have just barely enough models for a Tank Company (particularly since I can't field more then 1 infantry company).

Also, are we playing Mid-War or Late-War? I don't have a preference, I just want to know.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:22 am

Hurricane wrote:make up your mind, is your birthday Nov or December?/

Never said it was in December. Tell Bill to get new glasses. Cool
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:04 am

Eric brought it to my attention so as him to get new glasses as well. Wink

Last edited by rokassan on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Ok Eric, you need new glasses. Shocked
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:10 pm

Grombart wrote:Can't make it. 1 day before my b-day.

Novermber 23 is one day before your birthday...thats the date this post refers to.

You also said..."I can do Middle of December, but not the 23rd. One day before my b-day and my gf is going to throw a small party for me."

So I dont need glasses and Im not crazy.So is your birthday December 24th or November 24th?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:18 pm

One thread is for December and this one is for November.I love giving you a hard time. Twisted Evil
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:49 pm

I should be able to make it.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:35 am

Yay JC!!

Alright, were slowing bringing folks in. How about Dave, Will, Don? Lets get a hold of these folks and make this happen!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:36 am

My glasses work just fine... When's your Birthday Rick?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:05 am

rokassan wrote:One thread is for December and this one is for November.I love giving you a hard time. Twisted Evil

Naw, I love giving YOU a hard time Bill.

It's all fun and games until someone looses a miniature. No
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:45 am

Well, I'm just going to assume that this is LW since I haven't heard anything yet. Hell I don't even a full tank company yet and probably won't for this event (painted and assembled at least).

Will everyone who is coming at least bring a regular 1750 tournament list? LW, incase we just get enough folks and decide to have a tournament instead?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:32 pm

Any Axis are gonna show up for this ? so far we only got Allies signed up, i can bring 36 Tanks on my own. No point limit or force organization ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:45 pm

Luis you gotta read the rules bro.

You make as many companies as you want (batallions on your case) but they must follow the regular FOC laws. So, if you have enough tanks (plus support platoons) to make two battallions, then go for it!

However, do try to make a LW 1750 list incase we don't have enough folks. JC is bringing his Germans, but he'll be severly outmatched at this point.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:59 pm

I hate reading rules Sad
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:06 pm

Luis, Comrade,

We are going to tear the facists a new assholoe.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Looks like it lol.

Just so were kool, is everyone ok with just trying to play a tournament if we don't get enough Axis/Allies to run this event?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Fo Sho
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:10 pm

cant access the FOW website from work for some reason, can anyone verify if "Assault Guns" counts as TANKS for the purpose of the scenario ??
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next