The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd

+5
luis the young
Hurricane
Grombart
dork_jedi
scurrdi
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd - Page 2 Empty Re: FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd

Post by scurrdi Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:23 am

Luis, I don't think your fully understanding how it works.

You make a Tank Company with as much stuff (within the legal bounds of the codex) that you can. So if you take 20 T34s plus 20 T70s and max out on your support platoons with IS-2s and assault guns, then your fine.

If you have enough stuff to make 2 Tank Companies then go for it! The only requirements is that it MUST be a Tank Company.

But also, please bring a regular tournament 1750 list, in case we don't get enough Axis to play against.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd - Page 2 Empty Re: FOW "Tanksgiving" Tournament on Nov. 23rd

Post by luis the young Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:37 am

scurrdi wrote:Luis, I don't think your fully understanding how it works.

You make a Tank Company with as much stuff (within the legal bounds of the codex) that you can. So if you take 20 T34s plus 20 T70s and max out on your support platoons with IS-2s and assault guns, then your fine.

If you have enough stuff to make 2 Tank Companies then go for it! The only requirements is that it MUST be a Tank Company.

But also, please bring a regular tournament 1750 list, in case we don't get enough Axis to play against.

thanks bud, i was actually able to access the website for the rules later in the day, i thought at first that only tanks could be brought with 1 inf platoon, but after reading the thing is Tank companies with full support but only 1 infantry platoon per company. Good stuff man, i will have my nine IS-2s ready by then Twisted Evil
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:23 am

Hehe, well that by itself is 1 company! Stalin's Onslaught made sure of that!

I think somebody won or got in the top 3 with a IS-2 Battalion. Apparently they are quite nasty.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:51 am

Front armour 10 Side armour 8 Top armour 2

AT 15 main gun, coaxial machine gun, and the lovely Rear turret Machine gun for those assaults.

5 of them cost 690 points , they are Fearless Trained and Ignore the Hen and Chicks rule.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Yeah, they've got some goodies onboard, your of course failing to mention the ROF 1 Very Happy

I however have found those sorts heavy tanks to not be effective. Granted if your playing against German Tigers then yeah, your gonna put a hurtin'. But against an infantry company? It's gonna be a rough time if they use their smoke correctly to limit your defensive fire.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:21 pm

You forgot that the IS-2s have the rule that if an infantry stand gets his with the main gun, they get NO save.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Where did you read that crap? if infantry gets a save from a 150mm assault howiter on a Brummbar they get a save from anything.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:33 pm

rokassan wrote:Where did you read that crap? if infantry gets a save from a 150mm assault howiter on a Brummbar they get a save from anything.

Is a rule that IS-2s have in the new book, dont have the book here with me for the exact wording.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:35 pm

No shit?

You combine that shit with the fact that they are FP 1+ and that's some nasty shit right there.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:48 pm

It says " Unarmoured targets automatically fail their saves when hit by the main gun of an IS-2, ISU 152, or ISU 122

There's also another rule in their called volley fire. I don't feel like typing it.

My question is this.

Do you have to field a company from this book in order to get these rules, or do these rules now apply to all IS 2 companies regardless of what book they are from?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:59 pm

I think the rule applies only to units bought from the book, the book is from a very specific time in the war, so they are just targeting units present at that offensive.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:02 pm

Just saw something in Army Builder and i think it may be a mistake, can someone check the Stalin Onslaught book and see if the IS-2s have ROF 2 in it ????
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:12 pm

The book says ROF 1
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:18 pm

Ovich wrote:The book says ROF 1

ok, gotta be careful with army builder then. lol, they have then down as ROF 1, man, ROF 2 wouldve been just to damn sick, lol.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:48 pm

Hey, Bill, Erick, you guys think you gonna be able to show up for this ??
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:49 pm

Erik can't, Bill is inquiring.

As for the IS-2 rule, I believe it is referring to unarmored "vehicles" that don't get a save. I will inquire with the folks at BF via their forums though. It wouldn't make sense that infantry don't get a save, but it does make sense that a jeep hit by one of those shells doesn't.

Anyone have a preferred start time? 1 pm maybe?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:07 pm

yep, just looked at the book and is against unarmored targets Smile

1pm start is late, 12pm is better.

Joel should make a damn login name and take care of organizing this things, dont know why the heck he dont make one !?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:45 pm

Cause it's Joel, you can't expect him to organize anything himself. Were all just suckers to store credit.

[b]12 pm it is then. [\b]

And I checked, it's against everything. But I don't really mind that, only ROF 1 and you can't fire it in assaults!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2