The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Totem Hunter

3 posters

Go down

Totem Hunter Empty Totem Hunter

Post by dork_jedi Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Please tell me I'm reading this right...
again with the Troll Axer...
Hordes Primal pg. 84 Troll Axer Rush animus wrote:Target friendly model's next activation is a charge at SPD +5" that crosses rough terrain and obstacles without penalty
Hordes Primal pg. 173 Totem Hunter Vault ability wrote:After advancing but before performing an action, the Totem Hunter may vault up to 5"...The Totem Hunter may attack normally after vaulting...
If I'm reading this correct I can do the following:
Axer activates, casts Rush on Totem Hunter. Totem Hunter activates, moves 7", vaults 5", charges 5", and has a 2" reach. 19" threat radius. Or am I wrong?
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Totem Hunter Empty Re: Totem Hunter

Post by plodolo Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Sounds about right. I'll have to read up on the totem hunter's vault ability. but with what you wrote, I would says yes. oh wait i wrote that in English.

Here you go:

Herf Derf 19 loong, vault goood, rush feel nice, duh doh
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 161
Armies : KHADOR and NECRONS!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi Ray,

No, you're misinterpreting, though this does seem a little convoluted.

You cast the Axer's animus on the Hunter, forcing the Hunter to charge during his next activation. The Axer's animus makes the charge speed + 5", instead of the regular charge of speed +3".
A charge combines both movement and battle action, and the battle action is taken immediately after movement.
During a charge, the Hunter has already performed a battle action by the time he would normally get to use his vault ability.

Seems clear as mud to me! Laughing

- Art

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 196
Armies : Cygnar and Retribution(Warmachine), Trollblood(Hordes)
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:39 am

Ok, I gotcha, still working on an uber broken rule.

Now, I ask, does the Axer's animus, Rush cause the beast to be forced and thus add Fury to him?
Hordes Primal pg. 84 Troll Axer Rush animus wrote:Target friendly model's next activation is a charge at SPD +5" that crosses rough terrain and obstacles without penalty
The animus reads "is" which means that there's no choice which, to me, means if he's full Fury I still have to perform it. Which in turn would say that I can do it without adding Fury to him.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:46 am

dork_jedi wrote:Ok, I gotcha, still working on an uber broken rule.

Now, I ask, does the Axer's animus, Rush cause the beast to be forced and thus add Fury to him?
The animus reads "is" which means that there's no choice which, to me, means if he's full Fury I still have to perform it. Which in turn would say that I can do it without adding Fury to him.

You Sir, are correct on both of the above points! Ding, ding! Bonus points. Cool

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 196
Armies : Cygnar and Retribution(Warmachine), Trollblood(Hordes)
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down