The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this O&G Armylist cheesy?

+6
dork_jedi
lordfairfax2001
scurrdi
luis the young
ShadowMaster
Diosamblet
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is this O&G Armylist cheesy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this O&G Armylist cheesy?

Post by Diosamblet Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:13 pm

They're very fun to play. I would build myself a DE army (I have just 2 RBT for now) while in Miami, but I gotta save money for Japan.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Ovich wrote:
DE are still giving me a problem, though...I'm 3-7 against them since returning to DC.

They are tough arent they? I only played a proxy game against Matt and was flabbergasted by the sheer amount of magical pain they can dish out. It's brutal. I beat Matt only because he was trying them out for the first time and didn't know exactly what they can do. I'd hate to see them in the hands of someone who's been playing with them for a long time.
Magic is nothing...a couple guys play up here and get 40-60 repeater crossbow shots, 12-14 RBT shots and 3 S5+ throwing star shots a turn, plus, the Black Guard with the ASF banner and the Dreadlord with the 1+ armor save and inverse ward save, and an assassin added in for good measure it just unbeatable. I can take magic heavy DE lists...it's the Black Guard with roughly 100 shots turn that's giving me nightmares! Anyone have an answer?
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Did you try your Prince on the star dragon against that army? Strength 3 crossbow shots can't do anything to toughness 7. or are they strength 4 now?

Also, how do they fare against high armour armies like Chaos, Bretts, and Dwarves. ?

If all else fails, there's always the undead Evil or Very Mad
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:14 am

The dragon list might work.

I think the problem is that your list is weak to massive shooting, mainly cause of the lots of infantry T3 low armor save troops out there. Maybe some calvary to put the pressure on the ranged units early on? Perhaps a couple of great eagles also?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Ovich wrote:Did you try your Prince on the star dragon against that army? Strength 3 crossbow shots can't do anything to toughness 7. or are they strength 4 now?
Yup...everything in the army was killed except for the Dragon...and it's Strength 7, Toughness 6...I wish it were Toughness 7...that'd be awesome...

Ovich wrote:Also, how do they fare against high armour armies like Chaos, Bretts, and Dwarves. ?
Very well, especially as the Assassin and Dreadlord can have killing blow and up to 7 attacks each...hitting on 3's, with re-rolls, unit is immune to psychology and stubborn on a 9...hard to get through it, especially as it and all models in it have ASF with their 25 point banner...

Ovich wrote:If all else fails, there's always the undead Evil or Very Mad
One of only 2 armies I've seen that can give the DE trouble...the other being Daemons. Oh well, I'm slowly learning how to get through the 100 shots a turn (armor piercing, by the way).

Last edited by lordfairfax2001 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:46 pm

The worst thing about the DE Assasin is that it doesnt use a character slot ...... so you have NO way of calculating how many he may have, i played Matt with my skaven and it pretty much went like this "clanrats charge unit-assasin pops and kills 7-8, clanrats loose combat by a bunch, run away" it dont matter if you charge them from the flank either, that bastard can come pop out anywhere !

I hope they make the Deathmaster legal again in the new book, he will teach this pointy eared freaks a thing or two about assasination.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:07 pm

Dont assassins(in general) target leaders and use stealth, infiltration and guile? Thats a stupid fucking unit. They hide in a combat formation, pop out and kill a bunch of troops in a straight up fight? Defeats the whole concept of an assassin. Stupid GW bullshit.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:14 pm

assassins are fanatics on steroids
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:37 pm

A dark elf assasin is a mix of Comando/Rambo with some matrix thrown into it for good measure.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:39 pm

BULLSHIT!!!! I want to kill one now. Luis lets launch a Cuban Waaaaah!!!!!! against the Dark Elves.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:57 pm

rokassan wrote:BULLSHIT!!!! I want to kill one now. Luis lets launch a Cuban Waaaaah!!!!!! against the Dark Elves.

Damn right, lets see them ASF 6 fanatics !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:59 pm

rokassan wrote:Dont assassins(in general) target leaders and use stealth, infiltration and guile? Thats a stupid fucking unit. They hide in a combat formation, pop out and kill a bunch of troops in a straight up fight? Defeats the whole concept of an assassin. Stupid GW bullshit.

The lord assasin can hide in enemy ranks Twisted Evil
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Maybe the woodies can take on those lists Sam? Has Chris brought them against the dark elves.

after all woodies have range and better accuracy. They can dance around the executioner unit while putting trees in their way and shit.

Use dryads to climb up the flank and take out all those pesky repeaters and the bolt throwers.

Maybe tie up the executioner unit with a Treeman ancient with the SB hiding behind him for the re rollable stubborn ld 9 break test. Give the treeman annoyance of netlings.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:51 pm

Ovich wrote:Maybe the woodies can take on those lists Sam? Has Chris brought them against the dark elves.

after all woodies have range and better accuracy. They can dance around the executioner unit while putting trees in their way and shit.

Use dryads to climb up the flank and take out all those pesky repeaters and the bolt throwers.

Maybe tie up the executioner unit with a Treeman ancient with the SB hiding behind him for the re rollable stubborn ld 9 break test. Give the treeman annoyance of netlings.
Yup, I've had to specially modify my list just for Dark Elves...less magic...more fighty characters with great armor saves and ward saves, as well as archers and other shooting units...still ain't easy, though...the DE are tailor made to kill HE.

luis the young wrote:A dark elf assasin is a mix of Comando/Rambo with some matrix thrown into it for good measure.
The assassin is WS 9, S 4, Init 10, 3 base attacks with extra hand weapon (giving him 4), with an option that gives him +D3 per turn. He pops out on any side of the unit that is engaged, has ASF, hates everyone, can have killing blow and can even re-roll all 1's to wound. So, before you get to swing, the assassin gets between 5 and 7 attacks hitting on 3's with a re-roll and wounding on 3's (against HE, and Rats for that mater) and outright killing on 6's. Generally, kills anything that's touching the unit...and if he doesn't kill everyone and is in the Black Guard...each BG model gets 2 attacks at WS 5, S 4 with re-rolls to hit ALL the time. Oh, and if you take the Cauldron the assassin and BG can get an extra attack (giving the assassin between 6 and 8 attacks and the BG 3 attacks each). Not a lot of fun...worse even than my HE cheesiness!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:11 pm

Hit that unit with the Treeman... The assassin won't be able to do shit to him with his strength 4, unless he specifically takes some poison or shit. Declare a challenge.. if he accepts it, no one else can hit him.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Hehe, you and your treemen.

There's an obvious answer, blow the crap outa them with RBTs. Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:28 am

with assassin it seems best to give him manbane poison (your strength +1 up to 6). so he usually always wounds on 3s.

I've only played 2 games... I want to play some fantasy to give me a reason to start working on them!!!
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:32 am

Thats' the problem, every week there's a tournament going on. It's hard to focus on 1 game and play at the casual level, unless you make a commitment to not play in any tournies. But they're fun !!!
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2