The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Land Raider Mark 1

+3
The Eldar Guy
rokassan
Michaelharmon
7 posters

Go down

Land Raider Mark 1 Empty Land Raider Mark 1

Post by Michaelharmon Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:52 pm

Land Raider Mark 1 LR1
Before
After
Land Raider Mark 1 Pic

https://2img.net/h/i182.photobucket.com/albums/x172/harmon75/Warhammer%2040k/pic2.jpg

80% there. I still have to paint thestowed gear, fuel cans, the driver mounts as well as leman russ style missle launcher system. All of this was on there previously of course but I stripped as much as I could to do this build. I want to have her done by tomorrow night at the latest and then I'll start on the Black Templar version of that Land Raider driver that just camoe out. If all goes well this one will be done for sure. I'm equiping another with updated lascannons but she will be heavily damaged looking when I'm done and the last is going to be a destroyed objective marker or part of my mechanicum building from the cities terrain. Not sure yet.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Land Raider Mark 1 Empty Re: Land Raider Mark 1

Post by rokassan Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:16 pm

Where did you get that. I want one for my Deathguard.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:20 pm

I see ya kept the treads. They look good now that they're painted

I don't' know, if I were you I'd keep the last randraider just to drop them all down in apoc. Rolling Eyes
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:48 pm

I might. I'm playing with the points now to see hwat I can fit in 3000. Thing is the other two may be shell land raiders. Unpainted and without weapons on the models just proxies as I want to work on my Hellhammer Bane blade. Doubt she will be done at this point but I want to try.

As for the tracks I didn't have any to mess with so may do the conversion to one of the others to see how it looks and keep this one old school. It does look better if they are painted right though. Course so monotonous painting all thos track pins.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

Land Raider Mark 1 Empty Mark 1 Land Raider

Post by Michaelharmon Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:59 pm

Land Raider Mark 1 Mark-I

https://2img.net/h/i182.photobucket.com/albums/x172/harmon75/Warhammer%2040k/Mark-I3.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i182.photobucket.com/albums/x172/harmon75/Warhammer%2040k/Mark-I2.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i182.photobucket.com/albums/x172/harmon75/Warhammer%2040k/Mark-I1.jpg

I don't think I'll ever be happy enough with this model to say she is done but for now she is just that. Fresh from her refit and painted in a minimal wear style to reflect a recomissioning from mothballs so to speak I give you all a Black Templar Rogue Trader era Mark 1 Land Raider.

I onl built this model because of Gronk (aka. Iron Death Tank) from the TSOLAR comic strips (Turn Signals on a Land Raider) http://tsoalr.com/?p=267 . I really just need a squat to go with it now to finish the theme.

Link to TSOLAR
http://tsoalr.com/?p=796
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:34 am

tight work as usual man.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:41 am

that shit is hoooooooooooooot
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:41 am

by the way those are predator sponsons right? my Mk I has different (shittier) looking sponsons
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:40 am

Cool beans. got a 7.5 rating on Cool mini or not so far

http://www.coolminiornot.com/208199

I can't ever seem to get above that for most my work though my BFG stuff which is the easist to paint averages 8 or better sometimes.... go figure.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Mike,
I would say that most of the stuff on CMON that scores 8.5 and above showcases alot of advanced techniques like some serious blending, sculpting from scratch, and NMM.

I wonder if the BFG stuff is rated on a different scale, or is less scrutinized maybe?

Eitherway, getting a 7.5 I think says how great your work is . I doubt I'd get that high a score for anything that i've painted.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:09 pm

Don't be so humble Stephan, that WE hero with the dryads looks pretty awesome!

Mike, I get that this is the older land raider model? (Not a 40k player). Did you have to repair it or strip the paint? Lots of people showed admiration for restoring the model? In short, what's the story behind it?
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:44 am

Ah this model was an ebay purchase. As you can see the orginal pic above. I simply stripped and pried most of the parts off till I had a workable base and then re-primed her chaos black with about three coats. Needless to say this was my first assembled model paint job and I found it drustrating getting into all the nooks and crannys and of course having to leave certain hidden areas unpainted because I just couldn't get the angle to paint them right. Still this was alot of fun.

Now I do have their advanced painting guide and intend to start trying more blending techniques and non-metallic painting soon to see how I do. Wish me luck.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:54 pm

I only tried blending when I got to Miami, and it's doable. NMM is not for me: takes to long and I see nothing wrong with regular metallics. (Pembroke) Bill has a really nice lord of khorne done in NMM though
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:49 pm

Mike you mentioned you wanted to paint a Khorne Lord mounted on a Jugger.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Actually thats's my wife who want's to try it. I figure it will be her stocking stuffer. She saw it in my White Dwarf and likes the look and color's. When it's done I'll post some pics. She is actually pretty good.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:03 pm

You know the one things I wish I could change on this model I couldn't was the Gas cans. Who goes into battle leading with fluel strapped to the front of their tank? Ah well was glued on there so well with one of those plastic melting glues it would have ruined the front of the model.

Also... Does anyone have the original stats for this model they could post on here. I'm curious how it is different from the new Land raider and what the point difference between on the old and new would be.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Michaelharmon wrote:You know the one things I wish I could change on this model I couldn't was the Gas cans. Who goes into battle leading with fluel strapped to the front of their tank? Ah well was glued on there so well with one of those plastic melting glues it would have ruined the front of the model.

Yep, you would have probably ruined it. I've had orc arms break at the elbow instead of coming off at the shoulder where I glued them onto the torso
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:22 am

NMM is a real time consuming process, because it requires a very straight line where the light and dark meet along edges. and doing it on round areas can also be a nightmare. I have a vampire lord on a abyssal terror where I did the small brass stitches and the brass tail in NMM brass, but when I got to the sword on the vampire, I mess up too many times that I had to call it quits cause I built up too much paint on the edge.

I just finished painting a Hordes warlock using a combination of dipping, blending, drying brushing, and using a floor wax to give the leather areas a sheen thats not as bright as gloss. The dipping process took off probably about 4 hours worth of work that I would normally take for a model like this.

I'll put it on my blog as soon as I get a decent camera pic of it.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:31 am

I just noticed Stephan is a proud Male, Pisces, and Tiger hahaha (look under the hebrew hammer pic)

edit: actually never mind, seems I'm one of the few who didn't put down any of that info
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:14 am

Ovich wrote:NMM is a real time consuming process, because it requires a very straight line where the light and dark meet along edges. and doing it on round areas can also be a nightmare. I have a vampire lord on a abyssal terror where I did the small brass stitches and the brass tail in NMM brass, but when I got to the sword on the vampire, I mess up too many times that I had to call it quits cause I built up too much paint on the edge.

I just finished painting a Hordes warlock using a combination of dipping, blending, drying brushing, and using a floor wax to give the leather areas a sheen thats not as bright as gloss. The dipping process took off probably about 4 hours worth of work that I would normally take for a model like this.

I think someone needs to post a dictionary of acronyms. For example what the fuck is NMM?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:32 am

rokassan wrote:
Ovich wrote:NMM is a real time consuming process, because it requires a very straight line where the light and dark meet along edges. and doing it on round areas can also be a nightmare. I have a vampire lord on a abyssal terror where I did the small brass stitches and the brass tail in NMM brass, but when I got to the sword on the vampire, I mess up too many times that I had to call it quits cause I built up too much paint on the edge.

I think someone needs to post a dictionary of acronyms. For example what the fuck is NMM?

Non-metallic metals, a process of using flat, opaque colors to give the impression of a metal surface.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:40 am

Ok. Now lets post a nerd/internet acronym dictionary.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:47 pm

http://thegamingsherpa.blogspot.com/2009/01/land-raider-mk-i-or-mk-ii-that-is.html

Check it out. Someone thiefed my pic for their web blog. I'm kinda touched.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down