The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Land Raider Terminus

4 posters

Go down

Project Land Raider Terminus Empty Project Land Raider Terminus

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Deep within the bowls of the 7th Crusader Fleet, Brother Techmarine Harmon slaves away with the Crusades newest addition... The Vaunted Land Raider Terminus molded after a varient favored by the Ultra Marine Chapter for hunting Chaos Titans and Ork Gargants. With the upcoming crusade Brother Harmon knows it's venerable las cannon assortment may be just what his brethren need to turn the tied of many major conflicts.... And thus embolded by that knowledge he toils on awaiting the return of the Techadept Forgeworld with a critical part in the vehicles construction....

Terminus Lascannons with reinforced armor in place. The Forgeworld resin extra armor looks great but due to it's paint chipping I can't make the sponsoons removable to show the details I worked on underneath. Still looks good though.
Project Land Raider Terminus Sun

Engine done with slaved Servo Skull. Orginally I was going to fill the compartment with a large electro generator to symbolize the lack of any transport capacity but having had this model since october I'm tired of waiting and just building her. Still looks good though.
Project Land Raider Terminus Sun1

Interior done in Codex grey with highlights and various wargear. I evne blocked off the two ports in the rear and used forgeworld icons to dress them up. Think it's looking good.
Project Land Raider Terminus Sun2

Headlight is in place and my Black Templar plate is on the back though you can't see it.
Project Land Raider Terminus Sun3

Engine exhaust and some of the banner bits I have yet to get to.
Project Land Raider Terminus Sun4

Really she is mostly there but I'm waiting on the top hatch I ordered from forgeworld to come in so i can paint it and then start assembly. Thats my biggest hold up so I'm just painting her to get ready for that day.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Project Land Raider Terminus Empty Re: Project Land Raider Terminus

Post by Michaelharmon Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:12 pm

Well spent most of the afternoon painting and icon'ing out the banners. Have a few pretty unique free hands that turned out well. I'll post the pics when she is assembled. I'm hoping if the forgeworld pieces come in the have her done by thursday night.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Just finished the assembly of the hull and placed the Forgeworld reinforced armor on the body with all weapons mounts in place. The Model is 90% complete. She simply needs a black ink wash at this point to dull up her metallic bits and to have the tank hatches put in place. I am still waiting on my forgeworld icons order but I doubt it will be in tomorrow and the goal is to have her playable before I start my exercise tomorrow at 2200 hours.

Anyway, I'll see if my wife can take some pics to post tonight or tomorrow depending on how close the model is to being finished up. Alot of the bitz life the forked banners I hanged on the back are all magnatized for easy transport and to be able to move things around or similate battle damage.

My only regret thus far is that the las cannon barrle joining seems are still visible and the right side front reinforced armor piece didn't line up evenly. Other than that a good looking build. Can't wait to show her off to you guys for comments.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rollo Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:28 pm

yo mike do you by any chance have a like flag or something similar???
rollo
rollo
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 268
Armies : sons of doubt chapter/ethereal high council guard
Registration date : 2008-03-04

http://www.myspace.com/honorandgloryrollo

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:10 pm

I have some Pennant banners from the High elves and some of their blank standards if thats what you mean my friend.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Project Land Raider Terminus Empty Black Templar Land Raider Terminus

Post by Michaelharmon Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:49 pm

Project Land Raider Terminus Landraiderterminus1

Project Land Raider Terminus Landraiderterminus

Project Land Raider Terminus Landraiderterminus2

I still have yet to think of a name for her but slaving through the night and some of this morning brings my land Raider terminus to gaming quality with only the arrival of my forgeworld brass icon and resin bits to come in and finish her off. Overall I'm really happy with getting her done since I ordered her last October and just got to it because I couldn't decide what look I wanted to go for. My only regret was not taking the time to get rid of the joining lines for the las cannons on the side sponsoons. It really takes away from her but over all I'm still please.

Feel free to hit me back with comments on this one. I did the interior completly but the pics didn't turn out well so you can see the build pics up above to get a feel for how the interior turned out.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:04 pm

that thing is Nice man, but then your work always is, i give props to you guys that time to make such nice looking pieces
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Thanks man. You cant see it but the top hull mounted twin linked lascannon's scroll work has an ultra marine symbol tied into it. Going to eentually write up some fluff on her about participating in an Ultra Marine campaign where this standard land raider distinguished istelf and was destroyed in a battle. Then have the Ultra's salvage and refit her in gratitude for the Black Templar's aid in the compaign. Anyway just a thought.

PS. Oh yeah if anyone has anymore of those forked penants those where my last two and I love them! Got em from a High elf sprue awhile back so if anyone has extras please hook me up!
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:21 pm

bored bored bored and no one to talk to. The boards are my only bright point right nowduring the long hours of this exercise and no posts. Where is everyone?
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:30 pm

that is a friggin amazing land raider. wish you could fix the lines on the cannons. maybe some green stuff? no clue.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Should have assembled the cannons prior to priming with either green stuff to fill the gaps or let the glue spill out and trim the overflow to fill it. Ah well. Hit it up next time that way. At the time I was more worried about getting in the nooks and crannies of the model prior to assembly. The inside of the lascannons are done with a red cone glazed to make the inside look like it's powering up to fire if you look down the barrels.

Anyway it's looking like I'll buy another land raider when the new version comes out since I have the forgeworld door set for one. Besides I'm a glutton for punishment and four land raiders sounds kick ass.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down