The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ignore the critics on the following movies..

+2
Valhalla114
NurgleNick
6 posters

Go down

Ignore the critics on the following movies.. Empty Ignore the critics on the following movies..

Post by NurgleNick Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:14 am

The Spirit.
It's not Sin City good, but if you liked Sin City, you'll like The Spirit. Yes, the villain is more peculiar and intriguing than the hero, but who cares? I paid to be entertained, and I walked out pleased, so I disagree with the abysmal ratings. They claim the plot was incoherent; I followed it all the way through, no problem. Maybe critics are dense.

The Punisher.
Yes, they screw up the fluff on The Punisher.. But hey, if you like heads exploding? Go for it.

Oh, and ignore the comments on the dude's acting; he says, what, twenty words in the whole movie? These people who make such absurd comments strike me as the kind of people who would walk into a pigsty, roll around in the mud, and then claim they didn't feel dirty enough, or that the dirt was lacking some important ingredient. Seriously, it's a pretty fun mindless gore action flick. It won't grip you; but hey, he punches his fist entirely through someone's head. How cool is that?
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Ignore the critics on the following movies.. Empty Re: Ignore the critics on the following movies..

Post by Valhalla114 Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:48 pm

The spirit was the worst movie ever. So bad sooo bad.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Ignore the critics on the following movies.. Empty Re: Ignore the critics on the following movies..

Post by Dr. Love Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:11 pm

i disagree, the Spirit was so Bad it was pretty good.

Samuel L Jackson in an SS Uniform is worth the 9 bucks i paid.
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:24 am

Spirit was pretty bad. It just was a really messy flick that was just badly put together. The whole thing felt like it was done on a fly with ideas being pulled out of every which way. The tone of the film was all over the place, they couldn't determine if it was gritty, noirish, or slap stick comedy. The whole setting was uneven in its presentation with so many changes of film style, unlike Sin City which was more focused. You got pure black and white scenes, you get the stylish cg sequences, then suddenly it's brown land, then suddenly it's stylish again, then back to brown, then suddenly its in full color?

It had some good moments and Sam L is fun, but it was a sloppy mess of a film.

Punisher is Punisher, it's not going to ever be something critics would like, the source material is simply not open to it. The main character was fine, but the acting was really bad all around for the supporting cast. Was a fun action flick though, and was fairly close to the Marvel Max source material.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:34 pm

On The Spirit:
According to Mario, and I quote, "it was a cinematic abortion." Laughing

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 196
Armies : Cygnar and Retribution(Warmachine), Trollblood(Hordes)
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:31 pm

sounds like I'm waiting for the on Demand release.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down