The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3500 Points Tomb Kings. what yall think ?

4 posters

Go down

3500 Points Tomb Kings. what yall think ? Empty 3500 Points Tomb Kings. what yall think ?

Post by luis the young Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:01 pm

Ok people, give meh some feedback, what yall think of this here list ?

TOMB KINGS
3500 POINTS

LORDS
QUEEN KHALIDA: 420 POINTS

LICHE HIGH PRIEST: 335 POINTS
HIEROPHANT, CLOAK OF DUNES, DISPELL SCROLL, GOLDEN ANKHRA.

HEROES
LICHE PRIEST: 305 POINTS
COLLAR OF SHAPESH, CASKET OF SOULS+165

LICHE PRIEST: 140 POINTS
HERIATRIC JAR.

LICHE PRIEST: 168 POINTS
SKEL HORSE, STAFF OF RAVENING

TOMB PRINCE: 184 POINTS
CHARIOT, LIGHT ARMOR, SHIELD, SPEAR OF ANTARHAK

SPECIALS
USHABTI: 260 POINTS
4 USHBATI

TOMB SCORPION: 85 POINTS

TOMB SCORPION: 85 POINTS

TOMB GUARD: 283 POINTS
20 GUARD, MUSC, STD,
STD OF THE UNDYING LEGION

CORE TROOPS
SKEL WARRIORS: 215 POINTS
20 WARRIORS, BOW, STDB, MUSC, POISON ARROWS

CHARIOTS: 180 POINTS
3 CHARIOTS, STD, MIRAGE STANDARD

CHARIOTS: 120 POINTS
3 CHARIOTS

SKELETON LIGHT HORSEMEN: 84 POINTS
6 HORSEMEN, BOWS

RARE
SCREAMING SKULL CATAPULT: 110 POINTS
SKULLS OF THE FOE

SCREAMING SKULL CATAPULT: 110 POINTS
SKULLS OF THE FOE
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

3500 Points Tomb Kings. what yall think ? Empty Ard'Boys list, comments, critics, opinion ?

Post by luis the young Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:02 pm

So with the first part of the Ard'Boys over and i wanted to see if i could get some feedback on what you guys thought about my Tomb Kings. Was the list a good list, anyone see any flaws in it that i could improve ? weak in one area and to strong in another ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

3500 Points Tomb Kings. what yall think ? Empty Re: 3500 Points Tomb Kings. what yall think ?

Post by rokassan Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:04 pm

didnt you win the tournament? Ever heard of the saying"Dont fix it if it aint broke".
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

3500 Points Tomb Kings. what yall think ? Empty Re: 3500 Points Tomb Kings. what yall think ?

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:18 pm

Rokassan wrote:didnt you win the tournament? Ever heard of the saying"Dont fix it if it aint broke".
Yes, but Stephan beat him...he should have played Stephan again in round 3, as they were 1st and 2nd...the guy Stephan played had a much tougher list then the guy Luis played in Round 3...could have been different...

Luis, your list was good...so much magic...very dependent on the magic, which might have been much of the reason that you had difficulty with that scenario. I might go for fewer archers and more spearmen, plus some more Tomb Guard. You had lots of units that could move relatively quickly, but nothing that could "stand and fight" for an extended period of time. Just a thought...arrows of the Asp with all those archers were good, against extra tough models, though...
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:06 pm

I say scratch Khalida and take another High priest Scratch the Tomb prince and take another priest. This way, your magic phase will be balls to the wall unbeatable except against the most anti-magic dwarf lists maybe. Plus, having to dispel more incantations means your Casket has a better chance of going off. Take another Tomb scorpion also, to disrupt gunlines.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:56 am

Thanks for the input guys.

Skeleton Spearmen are worthless, with a WS of 2 and strg 3, i'll be lucky to kill a Goblin, and spears are to expensive for skels.
I do have to learn to use my chariots and Ushbati better, they are NOT a charge to the front and kill a block unit, they are more to charge in the flank once an enemy unit engages one of my skeleton blocks, skeletons ARE the wall, i just need to remember to reform them in ranks before i get charged:)

Unfortunally i HAVE to take a Tomb King or Prince to lead my army Sad And even though i only faced one named character in the tournament ( the witch king ) im sure in the semi finals i will face truck loads of them, and khalida is perfect for killing characters.

One thing i found myself doing in a couple of the games was trying to find something for a priest to do, cause i had more magic than units i think.

Tomb Guard are good, but too expensive to take another squad. And the really didnt do a thing in the tournament, heck, im considering switching them for a block of skeleton archers, will cost less and will free a special slot for nother scorp Twisted Evil
I prob WILL take another Scorpion, the carrion didnt do much because is very easy to dispell Urgency in the first turn when i tried o cast it on them to get that first turn charge.
Scorpions in the other hand did GREAT, both killing a LOT more than their points in both games, i took out 2 lvl 4 mages and a lvl 2 chaos dwarve mage, and that was just using one scorp, cause the other one misfired all 3 games, lol.

I need to get more practice with them, my toughest oponent was Stephan and i LOST that match, minor loss, but a loss is a loss, things may have gone a whole diff way if i had faced Bill with his magic heavy chaos, and who knows how things wouldve gone if Max had played with the crazy new VCs. I know where i screwed up, so hopefully next time i can beat the bastard ( cant believe you killed me with my own giant!) lol
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down