The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden"

+5
Vycem
Ovich
scurrdi
Diosamblet
Michaelharmon
9 posters

Go down

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Empty Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden"

Post by Michaelharmon Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Tease

Just a taste of things to come.... I'll call it "Tanksalot" Day of burning metal.... I'll post full pics when the wife has time tonight.

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Toothpic

I would like to take a moment to dedicate this piece of modern art to the noble sacrifice of 19 Diamond "L'Elegance" Toothpicks. There valiant sacrifices on the fields of paint, glue and plastic truly made this project possible. If you would like to donate to their war orphans any donation of kick ass bits will be truly appreciated Wink
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Empty Warhammer 40k Baneblade

Post by Michaelharmon Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:30 pm

This will be pic heavy..

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Hellhammer-1

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Hellhammer1

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Hellhammer2

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Hellhammer3

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Hellhammer4

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Hellhammer5

Inquisitor Markus narrowed his eyes as the tactic display came up. Already it was evident that the Orks had made it to the ruins ahead of the advancing Imperial Gaurd forces and saying they were vastly outnumbered was putting it midly.
Jostled from behind, Inquidtor Markus turned to regaurd Sister Chastity as her power assisted armor made light work of loading the Hellhammer's main cannon in preparation for the engagement.
"Your orders Lord?" Feeling the attention on her, the Sister of Battleslams home the weapons massive breach.
"Give them a moment... Soon they will learn there is no where left to hide from the Iron Maiden's embrace."
With that the massive treads of the Hellhammer grind an ork skull to dust heralding the battle to come.....

Okay i'm not going to lie, This was a pretty detailed project and the amount of bits had me out of shape deciding on how best to do it. Go Imperial gaurd baneblade like everyone else. Make Fortress of Arrogence Clone or do something no one else has done much of. Go Hellhammer but make it Inquisitorial themed with a Sister of Battle feel.
I think I'm 95% there and I have a few more things I want to flesh out after I move like doing the crew itself and maybe scuffing the armor. As it stands now I am not putting any kill marks or scuffing her until after she is blooded in gaming combat.

Seriously though I'd like to hear some likes and dislikes on this one so I can improve or add to her. I don't want her to be to busy but I have to get the name plate on there somehow and maybe a serial code or something.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Empty Re: Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden"

Post by Diosamblet Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Stunning. By far your best work yet Mike!

My only criticism is the barrels at the back. They are too... white, and look out of place against all that red, gold and black.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Empty Re: Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden"

Post by Michaelharmon Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:54 pm

Got ya. I was going for a drum barrely grey like would be picked up from a standard gaurd depot as those are auxillary replacement tanks. I need to do a wash on them and the flash brightens thumb up but I do feel you on the contrast and really do appreciate the comment.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:07 pm

You should submit this to a golden daemon...

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:18 pm

Dude.

That's friggin awesome. The attention to detail is outstanding Mike.

You've outdone yourself.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:45 pm

Thanks alot guys. I really mean it. Comments keep my painting mojo from petering out. I had a few other things I wanted to do to this model but as it stands now I'm pretty happy. I do want to do a custom base for it at some point after the move. I also posted on Cool mini or not. Not sure what it will get but I figure it's fairly orginial and no one builds the hellhammer really.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:17 am

I have to second the awesomeness of this piece. Wow.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:32 am

im in love with that model, i wanna take it to bed and cuddle next to it, is so sexy.

Your attention to detail as always is amazing.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:41 am

Post the link to it!!! I'll vote for it!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" 5153a367

Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" B93d9ed7

Been putting off the additional sponsoons for to long. Alos put the name Iron Maiden in the name plate block. She will make her debut with the thunderbolt at the APOC game.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by McSheehy Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:12 am

Once more I must reply with Shocked .

And once more... I want one.

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 am

I'm contemplating making the main canon removable so I can go baneblade hellhammer.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sat May 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Just found out I won one of the catagories at the event going up in Orlando this weekend with the Iron Maiden!!!! Wish I could have gone but a friend took her up for me and entered her.

He was supposed to enter my Thunderbolt to which I thought had a better chance. Guess he could only enter one vehicle though as they didn't have a forgeworld catagory or he did not just enter it. Still waiting to see if my Imperial Gaurd General Creed won or not. So frigging stocked. Maybe I'll be able to paint snd come down again. Fir a while Haiti and Chile totally killed my drive.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Sat May 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Nice! Now that's damned impressive Mike!

Wild
Cultist

Number of posts : 60
Armies : Tau, Black Templars
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Tue May 04, 2010 7:21 pm

i have a question mike
i'm currently making a stormlord for my genestealer cult(in addition to finshing my nids,cult and dom Baneblade varient Hellhammer "Iron Maiden" Icon_eek ). how did you get the text on the name plate so small because i'm naming mine the fortress of faith but i cant right that small
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down