The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defiance, the movie

3 posters

Go down

Defiance, the movie Empty Defiance, the movie

Post by FFYUHR Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Just saw it, good movie. Not as action-ie as it looks. More of a drama. But good none the less. I do recommend!
FFYUHR
FFYUHR
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 95
Armies : lizardmen and tyranid
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Defiance, the movie Empty Re: Defiance, the movie

Post by Ovich Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:59 pm

It was pretty good. Just seemed like there were too many jewish cliches , like the whole movie was aiming for 40-70 year old jewish women as it's target audience , not 16 to 35 year old men who love movies where Nazi's get snuffed.

It was like the writer was trying so hard to remind the audience that the people in the forest are Jews. uh Hellooooo ... we know this .
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:25 am

They were all Jews? No gentiles fighting on the good side? Were all Partisans on the Eastern Front Jewish? Where all German Soldiers Nazi's? I dont like when they stereotype...only I can do that. Wink
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FFYUHR Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:07 pm

Ovich i couldn't agree with you more! Its almost as during the fighting to expect some one to say," You know my cousin Slyvia, she would talk to these German fellows first, do we need all this shooting?." Stereotypical yes but its almost as if it was spose to happen. Very good drama, almost to much at times. I was kinda like...hey guys you need to tighten that crew up and shit can all this fucking lollygagging. But w.e. I enjoyed it. Oh and there were the Russian Partisans.
FFYUHR
FFYUHR
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 95
Armies : lizardmen and tyranid
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:17 pm

Overall there was some hard core action.. like when they capture a german soldier and a mob of jews bludgeon hm to death out of just utter desparation and revenge.

It was also interesting to see how the rural jews expressed contempt towards the education city jews and vice versa.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down