The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lizardmen Codex Sillyness?

+4
lordfairfax2001
Diosamblet
Ovich
scurrdi
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lizardmen Codex Sillyness? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lizardmen Codex Sillyness?

Post by Diosamblet Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:14 am

damn, I'm fresh out of things to trade for a skaven army!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:51 am

Diosamblet wrote:damn, I'm fresh out of things to trade for a skaven army!

ROFL Very Happy
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:36 am

Remember, the Skaven update is now not due to be released until the Fall of this year...and it was supposed to be the next one after the Lizzies...BoC, which was originally promised in this quarter will now not be released this year, according to the latest rumors.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Well Matt just WASTED my WoC with his Lizzies.

The Slann and Skink Priest nuked down the Chaos Knight in turn 1. The Engine of the Gods trashed most of my Chosen. Then, 1 Ancient and 1 "normal" steggy laid waste to my infantry.

My lone highlight was zapping the Slann into the magic void with the Infernal Puppet when he miscast in round 2.

I managed to take down a couple more units, including the Slannless Temple Guard - but Matt killed every WoC model by the end of turn 4.

That list went into the trash!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:51 pm

Alas, poor Lord Kermit, I loved thee well!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:27 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:The Slann and Skink Priest nuked down the Chaos Knight in turn 1. The Engine of the Gods trashed most of my Chosen. Then, 1 Ancient and 1 "normal" steggy laid waste to my infantry.
Did the Ancient have the 2D6+1 impact hits spear? That would do some serious damage to a unit...2D6+1 S6 Impact hits, plus D6+1 S5 impact hits...before any blows are struck! No spank-you...no spank-you very much!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:06 pm

nah, it was a regular ancient steg and another ancient with engine and priest. One steg and 15 saurus with hero went into one unit of marauders, the engine steg with 2 salamanders and 3 terradons in the flank took out the other marauder block. Before combat, the engine blasted everything in 8", wiping out an entire rank on one block, enough to take away a rank on the other, along with a 8 or so chosen that were hoping for a flank countercharge.

Bill, you should try out some warhounds if you still plan on fielding a mostly infantry force. I think you're gonna need them to redirect charges to get your own charges in. That, or use the horsemen in the center for the same purpose instead of out on the flanks. And frenzy is a huge liability in a mostly infantry army.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:30 pm

man, i wanna try my TK vs those lizzies see how they do, SSC raining on Stegs FTW !! the flail of skulls should do a nice little job on them too, Strg7 wounding on ds and doing 2 wounds per wound.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:59 pm

you wanna recruit more tomb skinks! let me know when you're free for a game next week.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:18 pm

That WoC list relied on Magic D and Armor Saves to get them into combat alive. Unfortunately, you attacked with such high strength and no armor save spells that you cut through me like butter.

It looked good on paper. What a way to end my last game at the Dragon. Sorry I put up such a poor fight.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:23 pm

Dude that infernal puppet is the fashizzle.

combine it with that other item that can make an enemy wizard auto miscast on a failed spell atttempt and you are rockin.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

*Slann serves up Spirit of the Forge!*
*Slann fails to cast it*
*Black Tongue! Slann miscasts*
*Slann bounces his miscast onto the Exalted Chaos Sorcerer with Cupped Hands of the Old Ones!*

Warhammer's own tennis match
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:08 am

The Black Tounge is cool, but you need to take a wound to use it. That is half points for a lvl 2 Sorc.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:48 am

Played my son (Chris) last night in a 1500 point game against the new Lizzies...

Temple Guard love Flames of the Phoenix...really they do...especially when it goes off turn 1 and he can't dispell it all game (was S7 before all the models were killed by it).

The Sallie is annoying, but as all things with templates, very dice dependent...managed to kill just 1 White Lion all game...and with Ld4, if you kill all the skinks, which I did...it's most likely going to fail it's reaction test and have a 67% chance of being stupid or sitting still whimpering.

Terradons dropping rocks (my third game now having to deal with that), not so great for the Lizzies...again, too dice depended. And the Terradons are made of paper, especially as they are not US2 fliers and do not get the -1 to hit from shooting.

The Ancient Stegadon with warspear is a beast! An absolute beast! Avoid it at all costs.

Otherwise, the Lizzies suffer from the issues they've always had...slow...expensive, limited shooting, and without a decent amount of magic (I had 1 Lvl 2 mage and dominated magic because he had no casters), they're screwed. Now an almost all Large Target list...that'd be a tough nut to crack.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:03 pm

I love the terradons, even though I didn't realize that skirmishers only enjoy a -1 to hit when being shot at if they are US1. The rocks are great to take out fast cavalry or cripple a unit of archers.

Temple Guard are great with a Slann because the frog takes up 4 spots, so that a unit of say, 14 TG costs as much as a unit of 18 spear saurus. Still, there have been times when I would have liked to take the Slann out of the unit so he can magick something to death while the TG deal with a different threat. Right now I'm just running the Slann alone with 2 units of 15 spear saurus.

How come you guys played 1500 points? Maybe the lizzies will have a better chance at 2000?
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Diosamblet wrote:I love the terradons, even though I didn't realize that skirmishers only enjoy a -1 to hit when being shot at if they are US1. The rocks are great to take out fast cavalry or cripple a unit of archers.
Don't forget, Terradons can fly into/land in woods, so you can charge units in woods and can finish your move out of LoS after dropping rocks on people.

Diosamblet wrote:Temple Guard are great with a Slann because the frog takes up 4 spots, so that a unit of say, 14 TG costs as much as a unit of 18 spear saurus. Still, there have been times when I would have liked to take the Slann out of the unit so he can magick something to death while the TG deal with a different threat. Right now I'm just running the Slann alone with 2 units of 15 spear saurus.
The Slann can still cast magic (even magic missiles at units while the TG are in combat). Only issue is LoS, but you can use Skinks for LoS and measuring. TG are beastly!

Diosamblet wrote:How come you guys played 1500 points? Maybe the lizzies will have a better chance at 2000?
It was an escalation league game. We have a 12-14 week escalation league going right now, and the current week was 1500 points. Starting Monday, it goes to 1700. The idea is to have the entire army painted at each level. I'm already behind, but my Lion Chariot is starting to look nicer (at least the Lions are starting to look decent).
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:28 am

Well the Engine worked beautifully vs. Stephan: first game vs. wood elves, I rolled double 6's for the range, killing his lv 3. mage general, BSB, a few random glade guard, and putting 4 wounds total on two treemen. Next game it went off again vs chaos knights: the steggy waddled up to 2 5-knight units, killing 4 in each!

Stephan was playing Kholec, who managed to frenzy himself instead of frying the solo scar-veteran, and got drawn into charging a unit of sallies that were just in range (I was hoping to bait with skinks...), afterwards overruning off the table. Meanwhile Throgg the Trollking was wasted by the Slann's Pit of Shades. On his next turn, Stephan's entire troll horde went stupid, and Kholec was Pit of Shaded to death too...
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:52 am

So you won both games? Stephan kicked my butt on Sat morning with that same chaos list. But I made a bunch of tatical mistakes that would have made it a better game. And I don't have my engine put together yet.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:35 pm

The Engine is pretty damn good, but that priest is very vunnerable to close combat, without him the Steg reverts to just a Terror causing creature with toughness 6, strgh 6 and doing D6+1 strgth 6 impact hits with a 3+ save. . . . . . . . Shocked
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Hurricane wrote:So you won both games? Stephan kicked my butt on Sat morning with that same chaos list. But I made a bunch of tatical mistakes that would have made it a better game. And I don't have my engine put together yet.

The game could have gone very differently had Stephan not rolled a 1 when calling down lightning with Kholek. The 1 meant Kholek got hit, became frenzied, and charged some salamanders instead of moving towards the center of my army for a devastating charge. I was also extremely lucky with the engine, crippling 2 knight units that could have destroyed my left flank while I was dealing with Throgg to my center and Kholek on my right flank.

I think Stephan's only 2 mistakes were using that lightning on the first turn (which I might have done as well, since he had the chance to fry a scar-veteran) and using a scroll to stop the scar-vet from casting steed of shadows. That scroll could have saved Kholek or Throgg from the Pit.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:38 pm

When you field the Suneater, you take advantage of actually having some shooting and you call lightning every round. I'd have done the same thing.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Yeah..

The real mistake on my part was not learning my lesson about the engine from my first game, when he wiped out my Lord and Hero in 1 round with the engine. I got too eager with my Knights on his flank in the second game, that I completely forgot about its power. You know when you read the rules about it, you don't think it's so bad, but then during the game you realize, holy shit, that just fucked up my whole army. Against Horde armies (VCs Twisted Evil ) it won't do shit, but against Elite and Cavalry armies, it is insanely powerful.

What really makes it fucked up is that it can march and still use the engine. So on average it's gonna have a 18 inch threat range, with 12 inces of marching and 6 inches of average dice rolling for the range.

So think about it this way. Anytime someone has a Character out in the open, or basically any cavalry or small elite unit within 18 inches.. There is a good chance that the engine can mosey on up and blow it away with some decent dice rolling.

The fact that it makes your lvl 2 skink priest lv 3 is fucked up , because not only do you get the extra power dice, but you also get the extra dispel dice. Let alone that he's on top of a terror causing, stubborn, coldblooded, toughness 6 beast with 6 inch movement and d6 plus 1 stength 6 impact hits. All for less points than a treeman mind you.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:47 pm

Yup, and now everyone knows why I made this thread! Very Happy I saw that way in advance after reading the rules. Any monster creature as a mount for a hero or in a special slot is just dumb, really, just dumb.

Stephan, your running that troll list now too? You guys are going crazy down there with all these lists!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:19 am

They dont call it The Engine of the Gods for nothing ! Like you said stefan, on paper didn tlook that great but man, on the table is a whole diff story ! The only downside to the thing is that it soaks up a LOT of points on a lowly skink.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:48 am

luis the young wrote:They dont call it The Engine of the Gods for nothing ! Like you said stefan, on paper didn tlook that great but man, on the table is a whole diff story ! The only downside to the thing is that it soaks up a LOT of points on a lowly skink.
Except that the only purpose of taking the Skink is to get the engine...the Skink is kind of a down payment, or bribe to get the Ancient Steg with Engine...and Warspike if you're feeling particularly beardy!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next