The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kharn's new ride. MK1 Land Raider.

+8
scurrdi
The Eldar Guy
MinionOfCthulhu
luis the young
dork_jedi
Valhalla114
Michaelharmon
rokassan
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Kharn's new ride. MK1 Land Raider. - Page 3 Empty Re: Kharn's new ride. MK1 Land Raider.

Post by Michaelharmon Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:18 pm

I really love the way the las cannons turned out. I knew that one pic had it dead on. The only thing I really noticed was the green stuff between the heavy bolters and the top cover but that's just from the camera flash I'm sure. Otherwise I'd just get a brush with some chaos black and jam it in there to coat the green but otherwise very nice. Other than that I might work on some banners like I did for my terminus land raider to give it that revered look.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Kharn's new ride. MK1 Land Raider. - Page 3 Empty Re: Kharn's new ride. MK1 Land Raider.

Post by rokassan Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:43 pm

Yeah the flash shows all the flaws. Ill fix it. Ill add parchments and whatnot to make it look more ancient and corrupt. Any idea's?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:40 am

more skulls. blood for the blood god.

i would reccommend not using scrolls, but using a red darkened with brown (experiment with this) and add prayers or whatever scroll-work all over the landraider. dark dark red as if it's written in congealed blood. alternatively you could do it in black. if you do use scrolls perhaps the bottom of the scroll instead of being distressed and worn into a brownish yellow could be made to look as if it had been soaked in blood.

play up the blood theme! (and more skulls!)
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Whats a good mix to get a coagulated blood look. I like the idea. Mix black with red gore? Then Ill put inscriptions on the Heavy Bolter Gunshield and a bit on the rest of the land raider.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:07 pm

i would take a piece of scrap (like what you had to trim off the heavy bolter) and paint it up like your land raider and test out the coagulated look.

i would think black would give you more contrast when mixed with the red, but you can only use a *VERY* little black. perhaps your best bet would be to use a brown.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:40 pm

I really like it Bill. The only thing I would suggest is chaining the dead zealot marine to the hull perhaps across the chest and ankles. This might remove the look of a static standing marine. Other than that it's great. You did a greta job of replacing the lascannons and hull heavy bolter. Very nice job.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:05 pm

I got a decent coagulated blood effect by first mixing blood red and scorched brown and painting it on in a splatter shape. Then you mix red and brown ink with acryllic medium and paint it on top in a few thick layers.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:08 am

Valhalla114 wrote:I really like it Bill. The only thing I would suggest is chaining the dead zealot marine to the hull perhaps across the chest and ankles. This might remove the look of a static standing marine. Other than that it's great. You did a greta job of replacing the lascannons and hull heavy bolter. Very nice job.

Where can I get those tiny chains?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:18 am

http://www.langley-models.co.uk/acatalog/Shop_Front_Chain_5.html

Just one place. Its very common for modelling. I mean I've never used it but hey it's nice to try something different.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:50 pm

Don't do writing. That's for those chumps the word bearers. Khorne is illiterate. He's the big bully at school that can't read but just beats the shit out of everyone.

Instead add some blood splatter, maybe some brain matter, and some more half decomposed corpses.

You know what I always thought would be cool. Remember when we were talking about giving someone a buckwheat, and I mentioned that it's like impaling someone through their asshole? You should model that with an eldar.. model an impaled eldar with the shaft going up it's butt and then the point coming out it's mouth.

That would look like a trophy befitting a Khorne Mark 1 land raider.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:53 pm

That would be rather simple to do to. Just get a long slender drill and well...the rest is common sense.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:13 am

I agree. Find me an appropriate eldar model.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:14 am

Here's your inspiration

Kharn's new ride. MK1 Land Raider. - Page 3 Impaled_94_sized
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:15 am

Tylenol isn't gonna help that pain go away.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:46 am

*scarred for life*
thank you.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:00 pm

"You found me beautiful once." Zombie Wench
" Baby... You got ugly real fast" Ash

Nuff said.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Jesus christ, where is that picture from?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:42 pm

That shit's fucked up.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:50 pm

I won this on ebay. Its gonna be painted in Khorne colors. I now have this one and another old school with heavy bolters and an auto cannon. My Khorne force in growing.

Kharn's new ride. MK1 Land Raider. - Page 3 E1ac_1
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:58 pm

You interested in another Mk I land raider and 10 first edition space marines, all beakies? Go for the classic look. They are recent traitors.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Just googled " impaled" and clicked on images.

Jeez
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Valhalla114 wrote:You interested in another Mk I land raider and 10 first edition space marines, all beakies? Go for the classic look. They are recent traitors.

Talk to me. What do you want? Money is tight,but lets see what we can work out.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3