The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Empire Questions

3 posters

Go down

Fantasy Empire Questions Empty Fantasy Empire Questions

Post by scurrdi Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:46 am

Here are some questions that popped up for me while I was reading the Empire book and working on lists. I may call GW on these, but I want to make sure first that these aren't answered in the main rulebook (as I don't have one here with me in Nashville).

1. If a Warrior Priest casts the prayer which allows a model to reroll hits and wounds on a master engineer who is attached to a crew (say a mortar) would the Engineer be allowed the reroll the wound rolls do to his being a member of the crew?

2. If a character is mounted on a chariot and the chariot is destroyed, is the character treated the same way as if he was on a monstrous creature, ie does he just continue on foot for the rest of the battle?

3. The Arch Lector gains 2 prayers to cast a turn though all of the prayers except one are remains in play spells. However, in army builder it states that he can cast both prayers and they're affects stay as if they were remains in play. Is this true?

4. Can prayers and other spells be cast on members of an Allied Contingent?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Empire Questions Empty Re: Fantasy Empire Questions

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:17 pm

scurrdi wrote:3. The Arch Lector gains 2 prayers to cast a turn though all of the prayers except one are remains in play spells. However, in army builder it states that he can cast both prayers and they're affects stay as if they were remains in play. Is this true?
I know it's been forever since this was posted, but as I'm just reviewing the FAQs to make sure all my documentation is up to date (something I do every 6-8 months or so), I noticed that the Empire FAQ now specifically addresses this issue (Latest Empire FAQ. The Arch Lector may only have 1 remains in play prayer going at a time. So, if he "casts" a prayer that remains in play, then casts a second one, the affects of the first prayer end as soon as he attempts to cast the second.

Can't remember if this was resolved, but wanted to make sure I noted it for future reference.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:19 pm

scurrdi wrote:1. If a Warrior Priest casts the prayer which allows a model to reroll hits and wounds on a master engineer who is attached to a crew (say a mortar) would the Engineer be allowed the reroll the wound rolls do to his being a member of the crew?
This is covered, as well...the answer is no, as the spell only affects the Engineer (the example is a Hellblaster Volley gun getting to re-roll failed to hit/wound rolls).
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:57 pm

I'll get one Sam missed
2. is a Yes. He would continue on foot.

Not sure what you mean by number 4. What is an allied contingent?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:51 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Not sure what you mean by number 4. What is an allied contingent?
I believe he's referring to his old Kislev army (he used to run a very large Kislev contingent along with his Empire force -- in fact, for a tournament, he used a Kislev army with an Empire contingent once...was a fun list to play against).
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down