The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gondor Defends its borders

3 posters

Go down

Gondor Defends its borders Empty Gondor Defends its borders

Post by jerryb Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Gondor defended its borders from the Eye of Mordor.

Forces of Saron (Moria Goblins, Wargs and a single Mordor Troll) came up against Gondorain Infantry; Calvary and Archers.

The Wargs lead by Grisnak, savagely charge the Gordian forces repeatably, only to cut to dog food by wave after wave of arrow fire.

Gondor however suffer masses losses during close combat as they trap themselves between Mordor Infantry and Warg Calvary (what was left of them).

This was the first WAR of the RING battle using the new system.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Gondor Defends its borders Empty Re: Gondor Defends its borders

Post by dork_jedi Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Jerry,
how does the War of the Ring ruleset differ from the normal LOTR ruleset? And on that note, how does LOTR differ from say Warhammer or 40K?

I can imagine there are formation differences (I think LOTR is more skirmish-ey like 40k than Warhammer is), but what about Magic, Movement, Ranged attacks, do they use the same WS difficulty test? Modifiers? I think if you describe the game a bit more, perhaps there could be more interest shown in it.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Jedi, I just uploaded a full article that may answer most of you questions, please check it out.
Its a new topic label WAR OF THE RING.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:57 pm

It was a very interesting game! we learned alot about the new war of the rings rules....like never but your formations back to back...especially against cavalry...lol. And jerry... from my reading of the stuff that has been leaked so far I think your wargs shouldn't have taken as many casualties because of resiliance. from the way I read it, it seems like I need 2 hits against cavalry to cause a casualty and there is no wounding against them. You simply get the casualty or you dont.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down